SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

please give starting suggestions

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

Hello all. I am 23 year old working college student. I am 6 feet tall, and currently 190 lbs. This is out of conntrol. 4 years ago I was the same height and weighed 148 lbs. Well, I moved and needed an emergency job, so I applied at Mc Donalds. Worked there 7 months and in that time gained 50 pounds! I haven't worked there for 3 years, but still have the effects. Now I have stretch marks, man boobs, love handles, and am starting with vericose veins on my thighs. NO more excuses... I don't want to get sick every time I pass a mirror. The buttons on some of my pants have popped off. And just last night, I sat in my computer char and the back came flying off under my bone crushing blubber. I actually stripped the threads in the knob that held the back on the base! I am making steps toward improving, but need to work on consistency. I'm no longer eating fast food at work for lunch... I'm packing a lunch every day. Drinking more water, though not enough. I try to "do the stairs" at the hotel I currently work in when I have the chance. The problem is when I get in from work, I am too exhausted to work out. I tried going to for 30 minute walks every day, but I didn't see any results after 2 weeks and gave up. I have a Gazelle glider, but I can't move fast enough on it to give myself a good aerobic work out. And, I bought it because it was silent, now it squeaks and creaks and drives me crazy. I've done everything short of submerge the stupid thing in WD-40 and can't get it to stop creaking. Since my time is limited, what is the most effective thing I can do... and since I am just starting, what can I do that is safe and easy to stick with? I don't eat great, but I figure if I start with excercising, I will lose by default... I'm not doing anything now. I love meats, frozen pizzas, things that taste good. The only vegetables I can even tolerate are carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, peas, corn, and potatoes. I like fruits, so have thought about buying them to snack on. I bought oatmeal, but by the time I load it up with sugar I think it isn't very good for me anymore! Should I start every morning off with oatmeal instead of cold cereal with? I drink 2% milk... do I need to switch to skim? I'm worried that I will have excess skin when I finally do start losing. Do you think Mederma or Cocoa Butter will help with my stretch marks? I'm open to suggestions... I have nothing to lose, except fat! I do not drink, smoke, or use drugs, so none of those things would be an issue for me working out. I live by myself (with a cat) in a first for 1 bedroom apartment, so not a lot of room for equipment. I walk around the perimeter of the complex when I walk, because there is no gym. I tried jogging, but can only go 2 or 3 minutes before losing my breath! Should I only ever drink water and nothing else? Are sit ups effective at all? I've heard mixed opinions! Thanks for any advice!

Comments (15)

Sponsored