Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walk away the pounds #6 - 11/30 thru 12/23

Posted by KathyG7777 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 03 at 11:34

Okay ladies! Here is our new post to MOTIVATE us and take us through until Christmas Eve (you will note the dates take us through until Dec 23rd.....I don't know about you guys, but I can already tell you, I will not be exercising on Christmas Eve....LOL)

If anyone was like me, you indulged this past weekend and need to work hard until our next excuse for an indulgence...Christmas! I weighed in this morning (and after I picked myself up off the floor), decided I need to get busy!

So, first, I guess I better ask for a check in to make sure we're all here and I WILL NOT be talking to myself again! LOL

P.S. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walk away the pounds #6 - 11/30 thru 12/23

Hi Kathy! Glad to see the new post started. I don't know about anyone else, but I am definitely planning on joining you. I have been eating off my diet for the past month. I want to really get it under control this month, along with working out.
Working outside today, so will start walking first thing in the morning.

o

I'm here and hope to get motivated! I lost pound last week, but feel like I gained it and a few more back over the past few days.
Tomorrow is the 1st of December and I think I can be in pretty good shape by the 23rd if I stick with my WW and start exercising every day.

Count me in!!!

o

So.. we only need Vickey to check in yet. Glad your with us MaryAnn.
Off to do a 2 mile walk along with all the million other things on my list today. Wanda

o

I'm walkin', yes indeed..........LOL, I forgot to look at how far I went (on the treadmill)....just did 30 mins.

Glad to have everyone back......well, almost everyone....Vickey, where are you??? :)

o

Didn't exercise today, went christmas shopping and just got home. Way too tired, just want to rest,lol.

o

Me too! I worked all day and then went shopping straight from work....definitely too tired! But I got what I needed out of the way, so tomorrow I will be coming home from work and exercising before I do anything else.

o

Walked 1 mile and did TaeBo. :)

o

Good job, Kathy! But....... I decorated the inside of the house today, and put the tree up, so, I didn't exercise again. Sorry! And I am soooooooooo tired! But that job is done. Now I need to run to the mall tomorrow and pick up a few things. I really haven't done much shopping yet, maybe now that I have the tree up,I will be in the mood.

o

Uhhhhh, well...I'm still here. That's about all I can say! LOL
Still haven't started the exercise routine. Why is it so hard to get started? At least I weighed Wednesday morning and I had stayed the same since the week before. Still have a 13 lb. loss!
I did put up my tree and decorated the house, but don't feel like I got much of a work-out doing it.

o

I didn't really feel like exercising (no particular reason...LOL), but my rule of thumb is do it for 10 mins and if I still REALLY feel like not exercising, then I stop. But, unless I'm sick, after 10 mins, I usually feel "into it" and am glad that I started. So tonight I almost curled up in front of the TV, but decided to do my 10 mins and ended up walking 2 miles.

:::singing::: I feel good just like I knew that I would....LOL....okay I'll shuddup!! :)

o

Lol! I really don't feel like exercising,lol! Maybe after cofee, be back later.
Mary Ann, we need something to motivate us, huh? Kathy is trying her best,lol! Congratulations on your weight loss. Did you loose that on weight watchers? I am still holding my loss and feeling great about it.
I wonder what happened to Vickey?

o

I wasn't able to workout Fri or Sat....constantly on the go. Weigh-in was this morning. I gained 0.6 lbs. I'm not happy, but also not surprised. I'm PMS'ing as my TOM is due in a few days; my workouts are not what I know they should be (only exercised 3 out of 7 days) and I went out for lunch 4 out of 5 days! I am NOT accustomed to that...usually I bring a healthy lunch and eat out only on Fridays. This week WILL be better!

How is everyone else doing?

o

I haven't worked out either,Kathy! I think I am coming down with something, have a sore throat. Dh is really sick, so I am probally getting what he has. I should have got that flu shot.

o

Okay I'm here. Got back to exercising last Monday, missed this morning, but did a few days of 1 mile, then a 2 mile, and yesterday the 4 mile walking tape. Don't feel like it, and don't wanna, but I gotta.

Vickey-MN

o

Welcome back Vickey!

Did the treadmill for 20 mins and ate 3 healthy meals today.
One of the women I work with had her son & his family in from Arizona to celebrate Christmas so they had their big dinner yesterday. She brought in all the leftover desserts and I watched everyone else eat them; I did not even take a bite! But I was glad to see they were all polished off before the lunch hour so I wouldn't have to see them all afternoon. LOL

o

Hi Girls. I am still here, but down sick, so exercising is out. Doc sent dh and I both out an antibiotic. Hope it works. I plan on getting a flu shot as soon as I get over this.
Kathy, I am so proud that you passed up all those goodies. It sure does take alot of willpower,don't it?
Vickey, welcome back. Sure did wonder what happened to you.
I know this is a busy month, hard to fit in exercise, but we need to all really get on track as soon as the holidays are over.

o

Wanda - hope you feel better! There's so much flu going around.

I walked 30 mins today, had 3 healthy meals, but had a little Ghiradelli chocolate for dessert (but it was dark chocolate so it was actually good for me...LMAO!!)

o

Thanks Kathy, I am feeling a little better. I just wanted to say don't get discouraged with us guys if we are not participating right now. Its such a hectic time of year to even find time for anything extra, (at least for me), and I don't have little kids at home. So hang in there with us, ok,til after Christmas holidays. I have a hair appt. today, and a christmas party to attend tonight. Tomorrow is the last big craft fair in our area and I need to go and buy a few gifts. Then probally shopping with dd in the afternoon or on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday I am baking with my sister, Wed,shopping with both sisters. Geeez, it never ends,lol.
My weight is being maintained, though. I just have to plan on not eating any of those cookies, although, you gotta taste test them to make sure their eatable, right?
Have a great day, Wanda

o

Weighed in this morning, no change from last week. But wasn't expecting any...haven't been exercising since my last check in. Wed a.m. I hit my hand on the bathroom door frame and ripped one of my fingernails halfway down...it's been an open, bloody, oozing mess....very painful. I'm hoping by the middle of this week, it will not hurt as much and I can go have a tip put on. Plus it was my TOM and the cramps were terrible this month. Hopefully, this week will be better.

o

(((Kathy))), it makes me hurt just thinking about your finger. I slammed my finger in a safe door one time, I had on an acrylic nail, it cut through it into my own, oh my, did that hurt. So, I really feel for you. I wouldn't have a tip put on it if I were you, you could get an infection, and your finger might not heal very good either. Sorry, just my opinion. Hope that you feel better soon. What a bummer.
I haven't been exercising either, just too busy. Maybe we should make a pack to all wait until after christmas, lol!

o

Oh Kathy! I have goosebumps all over after reading about your finger nail! I hope it's feeling better today!
Y'all probably wonder why I'm still hanging around here, and not exercising.....but I'm still planning to start moving! Why is it so hard to get started??? At least my weight has come down since I started watching what I eat! But I really need to get toned.

I brought my apple to work this morning for coffee break, which is in 30 minutes. But....since this is our last week to work before the holidays, several people have brought us goodies. So on our break table we already have a tin full of all kinds of chocolate cookies, a dish of homemade fudge (which is my downfall) and a plate of cookies that are so big and filled with so much that I first thought they were cinnamon rolls! How can I deal with all that temptation???

Okay.....here's what I've decided...if I let myself have some of the goodies, then I will not go to sleep tonight until I have exercised! LOL

o

My nail is feeling somewhat better...at least I can touch it now! I have acrylic coatings, so it ripped that and my real nail off and the corner of the acrylic was embedded in the flesh. I better stop it, I'm giving myself goosebumps! I've been putting Neosporin on it every night before bed and it's healing nicely. I won't put a tip on it until the skin is completely healed. The tip will give some strength to the nail until it grows out.
I want to try and get some working out in, but this week after work each day, I need to finish my Christmas shopping. Tonight I'm working on getting my Christmas cards made out. I'm a little late with them. I always include a picture of my son and, last year, a picture of the puppy. Last year she was small enough to stick in a stocking with other stocking "stuffers", put a little Santa cap on her and hung the stocking on a door handle. It was adorable! She's a little bit bigger this year (8 lbs), but we found a cute little Christmas sweater to put her in with her Santa hat (it's actually clothes that are meant for teddybears...LOL)...now it's just getting her to sit still under the tree!

o

Does shopping count as exercise? :)

o

Sure it does,Kathy! Thats about the only type of exercise that I am getting right now, lol! Did a big work out today, from 9am until 5pm!

o

Been shopping every day and still not quite done! That's the only form of exercise I'm getting, but it keeps me out of the house during those evening "grazing" hours. LOL

Tomorrow morning is weigh-in; the first week I gained, the second week I stayed the same, I'm hoping this third week will finally show a loss.

How's everyone else doing? Are you ready for Christmas?

o

Hi! I am getting the same kind of exercise as you, Kathy, and thats it! I think I finally have my gift shopping done, even the stocking stuffers. All my grown kids love the stocking stuffers, best. I just have tons yet to do. I am having everyone at my house on christmas eve and christmas day we all go to my sisters for dinner and take a dish.
So, I have lots of last minuite jobs to do, wrapping, and shopping for both menu's. I have usually finger foods for my christmas eve. My son's birthday is monday and we are celebrating it tomorrow, so I need to make him a cheese cake and probally another batch of cookies. I am babysitting the grandkids a couple times before christmas. I will be glad when it is all over, sorry to be a humbug, but it is so much work. I love christmas, I put tons of decorations up. I don't know, I am just not into it this year for some reason.
If I don't get to post again before Christmas, I hope that all of you have the best holidays ever. Will see you after there over, and we really have to get back into exercising, ok? Merry Christmas, Wanda

o

Hi Kathy and Wanda! I've been shopping the past 2 days, but plan to stay home tomorrow and wrap gifts. Might have to shop on Monday too, haven't decided.

I always weigh on Wednesday morning, and last Wed. I had lost pound. I'm worried that the scales may go up next Wednesday. I've decided that as long as my weight stays the same or goes down I will be happy, but if I gain....then I'm going to start counting WW points again!

One of my best friends, who used to walk with me, is finally ready to start walking again. She broke her ankle a year ago and has had nothing but trouble and pain with it all year. She finally had surgery on it again a couple of weeks ago to take the pin out. She is finally pain free and wants to start walking on January 1st. I really need the exercise!!!

Wanda, can you share some of your stocking stuffer ideas?

o

Hi Mary Ann!
As far as stocking stuffers, I pick up things all year long, sometimes at yard sales even.
I use things like perfume samples that I get at department stores, the little viles.
The small hand lotions for your purse, shopping lists pads, lip balm, their favorite candy.
The guys are harder to buy . For dh, I got a cheap watch for work, ( he's in construction), A yearly calendar notebook, he likes to keep track of each day, his hours, etc.
Pens, this year I got the lighted quasar pens at dollar general for $2. Body gel and scrubbies, deodorant, small colognes, gag gifts, (sometimes I get these at craft fairs). My son in law likes butter popcorn, I always put the micro paks in his stocking.
The kids are really easy to buy for.... just lots of dollar store stuff. Granddaughter (10) loves pens, notepads, lip gloss, lotions, etc.
This year, I got these neat lil radios with headphones for a dollar for the kids. Now if they only work, lol!
My family loves their stockings more than the gifs. I was going to stop doing stockings and they cried, lol! I wrap each lil stuffer.
For the adults you can also put in lottery tickets, everyone has fun scratching these off together.
Have a great Christmas, and lets all get back here after the holidays, ok? Wanda
Be sure and hang your stocking for others to put something in, sometimes I have to stuff my own, though! lol

o

Weighed in this morning - lost 2.6 lbs this week! Finally!

Have some more "exercising" to do today so I must run. Have a very hectic week with work, Christmas parties and then the BIG DAY, so I probably won't be checking in again until after Christmas. Everyone have a very safe and Merry Christmas!!!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here