Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor Bicycle Trainer

Posted by nbrooks (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 8, 06 at 10:33

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you own an indoor bicycle trainer? I am specifically thinking about the stands that hold regular street and/or mountain bikes for indoor use. I am considering getting one for my husband but am not sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor Bicycle Trainer

I have a staionary bicycle , its the only excercise i really like at this point, not sure what you are talking about , sounds neat though ...

o

My husband bought one last winter for his recumbent bike. He put over 500 miles on his bike while watching NHL games on TV. I probably contributed to 25 of those 500 miles. He loved it and when his bike went out of the house for the summer, he bought a recumbent stationary bike so I don't think he'll be using the trainer this year. I should have him put it on ebay.

o

I love my recumbant stationary bike. I am pretty fat and out of shape, but I do about 9 miles a day. I have to use it to keep my blood sugar under some sort of control. I would guess that the trainer you are speaking of would work quite well, but I don't know if it offers the varying degrees of difficulty like the stationary bikes.

o

I have the device that you are referring to. It is small, attaches to the rear wheel and have tension control, although I find that shifting gears on the bike works wonderfully also. Mine cost about $150 but works very well, is solid and does a good job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here