Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
exercises for waist?

Posted by Lor_CA (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 01 at 10:30

Tall and slender but want more definition of my waistline. Any exercises to specifically take off half an inch from each side. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: exercises for waist?

have you tried pilates mat work, yoga, classical stretch or T-Tapp?

The all tend to work on the girdle around the middle.

meg

o

Yes, I do 1/2 hour of yoga each morning, 15 minutes of exercise and stretch for a back injury and walk 45 minutes a day. I was just wondering if there were some specific exercises to trim the waist.

o

Unfortunately 'spot reducing' is a falacy! We lose weight all over at the same rate. You must lose weight to lose inches

o

Sorry, but Salena smashed the nail on the head. Try cutting 500 calories a day. From your description of tall and slender, I really really think that if you slice 500, (losing a pound a week) you will get your results in a week, 2 at most. If that doesn't work, maybe you can bulk(I know women hate that word)and cut up your abs. That could help you create the illusion of a thinner waist. I try!
God Bless

o

This has been my experience. I have been doing Kathy Smith's Kickboxing with the RIGHT TECHNIQUE and I have been doing Kathy Smith's "March to Fitness" which includes a Latin Dance section with emphasis on twisting the waist. The kickboxing when "done correctly" causes you to "utilize" the muscles in your waist.

My waist has NEVER been smaller. I am a "natural" hour glass shape. I have done tons of "sit ups, crunches ect"..and I have never gotten results so quickly when I have done these tapes. My waist is looking "fierce"!

When I am doing the Latin dancing, everything comes from the waist rotating and the hips as well. With the Kickboxing, the "pivots" when doing certain punches make you work your waist a lot as well as when kicking correctly, the power comes from your abdomen.

I am doing WW's and I also learned that it is better to have "real fat" at smaller amounts than "fake fat" at larger amounts.
Just my two cents!

o

When I work out, I basically turn on really loud music and dance around like a complete dork (curtains shut, of course, heheh). I have been incorporating a really clumsy version of the hula, but it is really doing the trick. I go in much more in the middle, now and my side and back muscles are really nice and toned. You just have to be willing to look silly for 20 minutes a day :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here