Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hula hoop or sport hoop, do you have one?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 22:38

Do you use it and does it help with losing or firming? I'm thinking about trying one. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hula hoop or sport hoop, do you have one?

I just got my hoop today, I like it!! Its 3 lbs and I can tell I had a workout in just 3 min. Hopefully the inches will drop off. I'll let ya know.
here's what it looks like
Photobucket

o

link below

Here is a link that might be useful: hoop

o

Oh Yes! I discovered hooping in March and in one month lost one inch off my waist. Using the hoop has completely reshaped my midsection. In fact I won a "fat to fit" contest at my gym, which was based on percentage of body fat lost. I only lost 10 lbs, but went from 28.9% to 19.1% body fat. I posted about hooping several times on the Home Decorating forum (Conversations side). I have several hoops now, but started with the 3 lb Acu hoop like the one pictured above. My most recent hoop is the travel hoop from Hoopnotica.com. I also got a couple of videos from them. If you buy from Hoopnotica use this code for a discount - TS0926. I can't say enough good things about hooping. It is a fun way to exercise that I can do at home while watching TV. I find it very enjoyable. I am 52 years old and wore a bikini on my last vacation to Mexico.

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating forum thread

o

Terriks,
The hoops at hoopnotica look very light weight are the? Do you like them better then the sport hoop? Do you have a routine or just hoop like when we were kids? Thanks.

o

The Hoopnotica hoops are lighter than the Sports hoops, which may make them a little harder for a beginner to use, but would be less likely to cause bruising. (I did get a small bruise my first week or so of using the sport hoop) I wanted to learn to do more than just waist hooping, so I needed a lighter weight, non "wavy" hoop. And contrary to other types of exercise a lighter hoop actually gives you a better workout, since you need to work harder to keep it going. The larger, heavier hoops create momentum, making them easier for hooping. The Hoopnotica instructional DVDs are great for learning the basics and more. I still mostly just waist hoop, but am working on some hoop dance moves. I like to wear wrist weights while I hoop to tone my arms up. A couple of times a week I break up my hooping with weight lifting. I usually hoop during a TV show and lift weights during the commercials.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here