Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jack La Lanne Power Juicer?

Posted by Betty_The_Villages (bettyfl@cox.net) on
Wed, Oct 29, 03 at 22:34

Anyone have one? Or does anyone know of someone that has one? They advertise that you can juice an orange or apple without cutting it or pealing it. Anyone know?
Thanks!
Betty in Florida

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jack La Lanne Power Juicer?

Yes, you can juice them, but in the case of the orange, all the bitter oils in the skin are released into the juice, making it taste NOTHING like regular orange juice.

o

They claim it juices 17% more than other juicer. It is not true. We have a Champion juicer that juices more. It also locks frequently. If you want to send it back you pay around $18. The whole thing is a sham, a reap off!

o

I have the JLL Power Juicer (paid $100 at Costco), but the spout on mine will not accommodate a whole piece of fruit. I cut up my fruit or veggies in chunks and feed them in a few at a time. I really love my juicer! I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago to juice fresh fruits, and to make popsicles out of the juice for my grandson. I love making carrot or fruit juices for myself. I have a separate juicer for the oranges, lemons and grapefruit I cut off my trees! I don't like having to wash the juicers, but it's a small price to pay for fresh juice!

o

Eloise,
Thanks to you and all that have replied.
I have a new one. My son gave it to me for Mother's day. It has a bigger spout.
I like it, but since I have diabetes...I have to watch the juices I drink. I did not want to hurt his feelings. I hardly ever use it, but wish I could...smile
He used it to deminstrate. He cut up water mellon ..rinds and all. It tasted Ok...smile.

o

You are a wonderful mother, Betty.

o

My dad has one of these with the wide spout. He used it alot in the beginning, now not so much. You do have to clean it thoroughly after each use of course, which is easy to do but does take time. It works beautifully, doesn't make as much noise as a blender. He bought his in Target for around $100. It's great for vegetables too if fruit sugars are an issue. The great thing about buying it in a store is no shipping charge should you choose to return it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here