Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving this thread (sport-hoop) Is it Ok?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 10, 09 at 21:04

I don't know why this thread is on the Home Decorating forum, but its a intersting one. Do you mind if I move it here?

Here is a link that might be useful: sport-hooping

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving this thread (sport-hoop) Is it Ok?

Hi, joann. I have a sports hoop and really like it, although not using it as much as I should. I have to do it outside and I don't really want the world to see me doing it. So I'm waiting on cooler weather to practice with it in the garage.

It's fun and not terribly hard to do, and I'm 59 years old.

o

I know what you mean about being outside with it. I'm 60 and I do mine inside. I know it does take a lot of room but I have just enough. I use mine about 2 times a day 3-5 min is enough for now.

o

joann, I have the same hoop as you. We have finally turned cool so will try to use mine today in the garage. I have one space inside in the kitchen (of all places!)where I can hoop.

You've inspired me to dust mine off and get with the program. Good luck and keep me updated on your progress.

o

Get that thing dusted off, I'm still using mine about 1-2 times almost everyday. I haven't seen much difference yet but still hoping. Its exercise anyway and every little bit helps. How long can you keep your up? I can do about 4 min without it falling, then I get tired. I think we need a routine of some kind. keep me post too.

o

joann, I hooped yesterday during the Saints/Miami game (Saints fan here.) The first half was so awful, for the Saints, that I pulled out the hula hoop to relieve some of the stress - ha! Before I knew it, I had done a good 6 minutes without stopping, but I am sore today!

o

Fantastic
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here