Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
soy milk

Posted by barbara0806 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 01 at 19:28

What is the shelf life of soy milk and should it be refrigerated. I noticed in the store, they are displayed unrefrigerated by the fruits.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: soy milk

Hi,
Soy milk can remain unrefrigerated until opened. Then I believe it has the same life as regular milk. It doesn't last that long in my household as most of us have a blood allergy to dairy products. They make yogort now that you swear must be made with real milk it's GREAT!!
Hope that helped.

o

Try Silk soy milk. It comes is in the refridgerated section of your store. I can find it at Kroger and Albertsons, but don't kown how widely available it is. This stuff is great. I buy the vanilla (they have plain and chocolate(also great)too). I drink every morning with fronsted mini-wheats. I'm sure that sounds mundane to some - but give it a try!!

o

My husband has 'periods' of lactose intolerance but he hates the taste of soy milk (even vanilla soymilk). You might want to try rice milk. The brand I purchase sometimes is called "Rice Dream" and Jim really likes it (you can get it at Trader Joes'). It doesn't have that 'beany' taste you sometimes get with soy milk.

And I agree, once it's opened, stash it in the fridge! It tastes MUCH better cold anyway!

o
Darifree

Check out Darifree, supposedly it's the best tasting milk subsitute. made from potatoes.

Here is a link that might be useful: darifree.com

o

Silk soy is the best!! i am addicted to it... i actually have it in place of a snack most of the time. and every morning for breakfast I also buy the Vanilla and the Plain. I actually have been telling my friends about it... and i dont usually get excited over such a small thing, but the Carbs are relatively low, and the protein is higher than regular milk and the non-lactose milks.... I use Silk soy with everything that calls for milk.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here