Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elliptical machines

Posted by neversink4 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 10 at 18:29

I am interested in getting an elliptical machine but notice they run anywhere from $400.00 right up to the thousands. Anybody out there have one or any suggestions on what to avoid or look for? I am not interested in getting a heavy duty machine, just one that gets my heart rate up and burns calories wiithout all of the bells and whistles. What has been your experience? Another place to hang clothes on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elliptical machines

I use my elliptical almost every single day. I've got it sitting in my living room, near the TV, so that a) I see it every day and can't avoid it, and b) it's got a built in activity (watching TV) to make it more enjoyable. If you stick it in a bedroom or other place, you're more likely to skip using it.

DON'T BUY NEW. Look on craigslist, and you should be able to find a great deal.

I really wanted something compact, so I bought a used Orbitrek Platinum, for $100. This is not a machine that would stand up to super-heavy use (or a very heavy person), nor does it have any bells and whistles. But it's perfect for me -- I use it every day for about 30 minutes while watching TV or reading a book. In the 3 months that I've been using it, I've lost about 10 pounds (doesn't sound like a lot, but for me, it's a big deal!)

Anyway, definitely check out Craigslist -- you can easily find something affordable on there...

o

I was at Sears one dayu thier big one was on sale big time so I bought it.Watch for sales.

o

At my gym they use life fitness elliptical machines. They're great because they also have those monitors to tell when you're burning fat and when you're just burning calories or something like that lol

Here is a link that might be useful: how to lose belly fat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here