Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
six week makeover

Posted by
karen olsen
(karen@workingreporter.com) on
Sun, Oct 7, 01 at 14:41

I got my kit pronto. I did order it 10 minutes after I saw the info commercial and discovered that if I paid for it all at once, I got it shipped immediately, otherwise it would take 4 weeks. So, I paid for it all at once.

The kit is complex, but that is because you must take the time to custom make your program according to your body type. I have done a lot of programs, and this seems to emcompass all the things that I found good in the others and ties them all together. For example, body types: I do believe one diet can't work on all body types. FOr this, I give the makeover an A + . Smart exercising is another. I don't believe it is necessary, in fact, for me, I know it is counterproductive, to work out at a gym every day. Again, the six weeks program supports that. Only 18 minutes 2-3 times a week in your home. Again, A+ . Eating plan. Well, we had to pay somewhere. It is going to take thought and preparation. I don't think it is user-friendly for a fast-paced lifestyle. However, I've decided that I'm worth the time and effort. I also think that this is a no-nonsense way to get into shape quickly, and once you are there, you can eat things that are not on the program. I have been on the eating portion for 3 days, they say you can go on the eating plan first, then the exercise plan. I have lost 3 lbs. It could be water, but I'm eating so much and drinking so much I wonder. I am not starving that is for sure. They said you'd notice things happening almost immediately. Well, I swear I do. My body is starting to change. I would like to keep in touch with some of you to see how things are going with you. How do I do that? Also, they gave a website address: www.providacorp.com. Also, you might try looking up Michael Thurmond on the net, the creator of the program. I'm from LA and he is real and very effective, but expensive if you go to his place and do it. Anyway, I hope I've been helpful. Be patient and give it a try.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: six week makeover

I just started yesterday. I'm quite excited. Keep me updated on your progress as I'm always in the need for motivation. Good luck.

o

Hello:
I received my kit the other day. About the same day that dreaded time of the month arrived. I've decided to wait until that is over to start. I would love to keep in touch. Maybe we could e-mail each other and form our own forum? I am a D type. Also, a career dieter.

o

I'm an A type and having someone to email about going through all this weight loss stuff would be cool.

o

Hi! I have nothing but good things to say about this program. I have dieted for years and nothing has worked. Yes, I did lose almost 30 pounds in 6 weeks but still have another 30 to go. I need to get back the excitement of the first 6 weeks and thought maybe I could pretend I was starting all over with all of you! Throughout the first time I just kept thinking that I could do anything for six weeks. There wasn't a lot to eat but it was enough and often. I found that exercising at a lower intensity (treadmill with heart monitor) was easy (when I increased intensity the weight loss stopped). All in all, it's the best money I've spent in a while. Oh yeah, my husband lost about 40 pounds over the last two months following his version of the program (job restrictions and a coffee addiction prevented perfectly following it!).
Good luck to all of us!

o

Lynn,

Im with you! I started on Monday the 8th and just weighed this morning. I lost four pounds in those four days. I followed the eating plan and walked three of the days at 55% heartrate for only 20 minutes so far. I plan to start the sculpting routine next week. Did you follow the excercise program?

I'll keep posting my progress if you will - I have about 40 pounds to lose.

o
Routine

Lynn-

Oops... By the excercise program I meant the sculpting routine.

By the way I have already devised lots of no cheat ideas about spices, no salt tomato sauce, broth etc.. to make things moist and taste good!

I'm Type B and my dinner last night was spaghetti (Spagehtti Sqaush) with turkey meatballs (no filler - just the meat rolled in balls) and a sauce made with no salt added tomato sauce and paste, onion, garlic bay leaf, basil and a little balsamic vinegar.

o

I've been trying to follow the sculpting plan and i've been using the walk away the pounds tapes as my walking. I have wierd work hours so my eating isn't always regular but it's encouraging to know that even just following the diet the best I can will work as well. I don't have a scale that goes up as far as i need it to but my pants aren't as tight as they were in the beginning of the week so that's encouraging. Right?? thanks again.

o

I started on October 1st, I am body type A. I lost 8lbs in the first week! I feel great and I am motivated to keep on it. Good Luck to all of you!

o

Hi all!
I started out doing the sculpting exercises but they took so long that I broke them up into smaller chunks. Then I stopped any resistance training. I tried free weights but I think I'll go back to the bands.

How about sharing some of those "cheat" ideas? I like to put frozen pieces of fish in salsa in an electric skillet. Cook at 250 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

o

What exactly is this program, can anyone help explain, or give a website where I can look up the info??? Thanks!

o

do we really have to go completely salt less in food...or is little salt to taste alright?
also, i am vegetarian..no eggs. any suggestions on proteins?

o

http://66.34.82.201/provida/forum.html

Here is a web sight for the company that put it all together. There are people who have lost 28 to 30 pounds in 6 weeks.

Salt is a major no-no on this plan unless your doctor says other wise.

For vegetarians, post a question on their web sight for the makeover expert.

Good luck
Chantel

o

Is there anyway to get this plan discounted? Do you get into shape?

o

Shib
buy it off of EBAY, the auction sight.
Chantel

o

Hello all Sounds like you are seeing some good results! I have had the program for awhile but never used it! I am starting it monday! I just started a club over at yahoo for people using this program or interested in using it! If anyone wants to check it out email me at hdf_73@yahoo.com for the link or lookin yahoo clubs under health& wellness>health&fitness>weight loss>MThurmond Bodymakeover club

o

Is the club posted yet on Yahoo? Or does it take a day or so?
I looked but did not see it.

Let me know....
Chantel

o

i'm a type b and need help getting started. don't know how to make a menu. geting bigger and bigger. i need someone to get me started. thank you

o
can tuna or fresh tuna

have a question i am type c want to use the rapid result can we used can tuna or do we have to buy fresh tuna from the fish market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here