SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lark_gw

Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone

Lark
22 years ago

Greetings All! Our original thread hit 100, so I just started part 2! I hope this finds everyone faring well.

Kathy and Soccermom...hope you're hanging in there. I'm keeping up with my workouts, but I must really try to do better with the hi protein/lo carb thing. I went for a week without cheating, but on my 1 cheat day...I feel like I blew it. The good thing is, I'm doing my workouts daily (except Sunday)and feel good! Oh well, back to being strict about those unruly carbs :-)

Comments (72)

• swtnsr_aol_com
    22 years ago

Lark sorry that you are not well. Take some extra C and do what you can of your work out. Don't worry you will be back to your old self in no time. I have great faith in your strength, after all you made it through your knee problems, and this is just a cold. You will bounce back to normal and get even stronger.

Cathy

• nightbloomingcereus
    22 years ago

I want to thank all of the posters who had such great things to say about Leslie Sansone's tapes. I read through the whole thread, then ordered 3 from Amazon.com and got them last week. Began immediately and though I could just barely make 1 mile the first day- this morning i did two.

Cathy, I have to say- you were the most convincing. Its funny how one never knows how one's words can really touch someone out there whom you've never heard of. Reading about your progress and your stick-to-it-iveness was very inspiring to me. So thanks.

Kim

• Related Discussions

Leslie Sansome, I am confused help me choose a tape!

Q

Comments (6)
    hapyfrustrated..... I mentioned LS on another thread. I just got two of her dvds. I am 58 need to lose 50 lbs and not very active. I bought LS's " Walk at Home, Walk Away Your Waistline" at Barnes & Noble. It has a 3 mile walk with 1, 2 and 3 mile markers, so you can see how far you walk. The tempo of the music increases as you go along. Also it came with a walk belt you use for resistance. I like it, it is easy easy, and that is what I needed to get started. Since I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I cannot start out gangbusters and hurt myself, or I will quit. BTDT. So I started with the one mile, then two etc. My DD sent me LS Walk the Walk, it is a Christian-inspired workout for FIRMING, lovely music. I like to alternate the dvds for variety. I also got a Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies (I know you didn't ask about it, but I like it),. It is fun to dance around to the oldies songs. Today, dh and I took the dogs for a 2 mile walk, so I will do LS dvd tomorrow. We are retired now, and I find that if I get up and do my 'walk' first thing, and get it over with, I don't worry about it. Good luck with what you decide on. June
    ...See More

What's Your Favorite Exercise??

Q

Comments (14)
    Seems to be lot's of walkers out there. I love doing the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone when it's nasty ourside. During nice weather, I have a route that I walk in our small community. It never fails though, I start out alone, but by the time I finish my laps, quite a few other ladies will join in. Some pushing a stroller, some walking their dog, I think everyone looks forward to our time out-and-about. We always have a good time on our walks. Pam.
    ...See More

Walk Away the Pounds Question

Q

Comments (3)
    I went to lesliesansome.com and just bought the waist/arm belt a la carte. I believe you can buy single tapes, prices seemed fair to me and I didn't have to leave my house!
    ...See More

Tapes: Walking off the Pounds

Q

Comments (12)
    I bought a package of them many years ago. the one, two and three mile. they are good if you are just starting up with exercising again. Marilyn, you should turn off the sound! lol And they WILL work, just like any other exercising tape, if you USE them. I would send them to you, but I gave them to the good will. There just wasn't enough work out in them anymore. QVC also sells her stuff. The other day they had a package with a 5 mile walk and some rubber bands.. now that one looked good, but I didn't buy it. I need to stay away from watching early morning sales tv when I can't sleep. LOL my SAFEWAY store had some of the walk away the pounds.. 2 and 3 mile I think. they were by the "health food" section. Here is a link that might be useful: this is the one I was talking about, but it was the sale of the day then and a little cheaper
    ...See More
  • swtnsr_aol_com
    22 years ago

Kim, Im happy to help. I have to say it feels good to have made it this far. For years I had herd that exercise was important for your well being, but I just could'nt find anything that I enjoyed enough to stick with for more than a week or two. So of course I never got any benefit from what I was doing. I think it also helped that I made a deal with myself, first no misses for 3 months, now 6, next I will make it 9 and then one year no misses. I am just challenging myself, know one even knows about my goal, except you guys. This is just for me, for my health.

Be strong

Cathy

• fangdangle
    22 years ago

HI girls hope you don,t mind a quick ? how do you know when your mile is up?Is there music or whatever while you are walking or words of encouragement? I will check back later.
    THanks

• Vickey1709_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

There is a little gauge that shows up on the screen at .25, .5, .75 and at 1 mile (though at one mile she says okay here it is...1 mile). (That's on the one mile tape). Each .25 of a mile does go at different lengths, obviously when you consider the gentle warm-up and cool down is done at a slower pace that the more agressive center part. As the mile gauge shows the miles it is so nice to see the .75 mark. You know you can do it because you're a quarter of the way there.

Vickey

• fangdangle
    22 years ago

Thanks Vickey,It is always nice to try something different.
    Elizabeth

• Qtnae_AOL_com
    22 years ago

I have a question for anyone that can answer it,,,I want to buy more of Leslie Sansones' tapes, and I already own her Walk away the pounds. What other tapes are good to use in conjunction wirh those tapes? One other question, is anyone else having a hard time holding onto the weighted balls? I have small hands, and they always seem to slip out of my grip and crash onto the floor. :)

• deb2429
    22 years ago

I'm waiting for my tapes to arrive and I was wondering the same thing as Renee. Why a weight 'ball' and not just hold a dumb bell? *Ã*

• swtnsr_aol_com
    22 years ago

Renee and Debbie, I also had trouble with the weighted balls so I use wrist/ankle weights. They look like donuts, I find they are the easiest to hold and much more comfortable, they are soft and you can just stick your hand through them. You can also start with a lower weight and work you way up, so you don't hurt yourself.
    As for other tapes I also use Leslies Power walk 4-miles, from here walk off weight at home! series.

Hope this helps,

Cathy

• Qtnae_AOL_com
    22 years ago

The weight's aren't too heavy for me, just too big. I probably have the size of a 10 year olds hands. That's what I get for being tiny. I'll try the 4 mile tape too. Is it a higher pace? My normal walking style is more like power walking. Not being very coordinated, I can't do the other types of aerobic tapes. I am happy to report I am down to my Ideal weight. :) Happy walking to you all, and goodluck with the weightloss and toning.

Thans.

Renee

Renee

• ManyaNC
    22 years ago

These may be silly questions but I am seriously considering the tapes after seeing a bit of the infomercial on TV. 1) can you walk on carpet? and 2) how long does the 1 mile tape take to do? Could I do it in the mornings and still get to work on time - I can fit in about 20 -30 minutes.
    3)Where is the best place to order the tapes?

Thanks in advance. You all have a great thread going!

Manya

• Vickey1709_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

WE do ours on the upstairs carpet. Actually quieter as on the basement floor where the other tv is it sounds like you're stomping.

Start to finish for the one mile was I think 20 minutes and 19 seconds (had to time it one day out of curiosity).

Vickey

• Peaches2_02_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

Hello, may I jump in and ask a question??

I have been walking outside to lose weight, usually I do 1 mile in 12 minutes, so its a very fast walk so to get my heart rate going. I have been losing weight, but now that its getting colder I find I cant walk outside when the air is cold as it really hurts my lungs.

Do these walking tapes go fast enough to get your heart rate up if your used to walking fast?

Thanks.

• swtnnsr_aol_com
    22 years ago

Peaches- Yes, they get your heart rate up and keep it up. I think you might find the tapes great fun. I know it would beat walking in the cold. Because you keep such a fast pace you may want to try her 4 mile power walk. I think you will find it challenging. It is from her walk off the weight series. With this tape you can do 1,2,3,or 4 miles whichever you choose.

Good luck

Cathy

22 years ago

Thanks, do you mean it is on a different series than the walk away your pounds???

• swtnnsr_aol_com
    22 years ago

Peaches- Yes it is a different series. I have started doing the 2 and 3 mile from the walk away the pounds and the 4 mile from the walk off the weight series. I felt I needed a longer workout sometimes.

Cathy

• ROMA_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

I ordered 2 of the tapes last week. Because winter is approaching, I needed something to add to my in-home workouts. I ordered the "1 Mile Power Walk" and the 3 Mile Power Walk". Both use the hand weights and are suppose to be good fat burners.

22 years ago

I am really confused now as to how many packages, tapes, etc. that she has out. I was going to order something but now I have no idea what to order. I thought everything I needed came in one order, but now it seems like I misunderstood.

Can anyone help explain what comes in which package? Or...for someone who likes to get a heartrate up, doing a fast walk, what they may need? The 4 mile tape was mentioned, but that one is probably a long workout, like an hour, correct?

Confused now . :(

Thanks~

• Qtnae_AOL_com
    22 years ago

Leslie Sansone has a line of tapes out. She has the Walk Away the Pounds that comes with The 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, and a ten minute toning. The package also includes 2, 2 pound weighted blue balls, 14 day reciepe cards, and 10 day vitamin pack. QVC I beleive has the cheapest price to order the tapes. I beleive it was something like $32.47, plus take and S+H. All in all it's alot cheaper then odering from the informorical or College video. You can also check out some other tapes they have of hers. She also came out with the 1 mile morning plus 10 min.s ab tape, and the 1 mile evening walk with the 10 minutes leg toner tape. Those two new tapes are part of the Walk away the Pounds series.

Hope this helps you a little..

Renee

• Vickey
    22 years ago

Well I haven't posted for a while because I was naughty. We just couldn't find time to fit exercise into our day (dh and I). I suppose it doesn't help that exercise still isn't one of my favorite things to do. Anyway we started again today. Only this time we decided to try first thing in the morning. Yes that means getting up 1/2 hour earlier, but we're with it. Let's see if this works. Right after work didn't work because we were trying to get supper on the table before the evening activities started. Later in the evening is the next step. But I've heard it's hard to fall asleep after exercising, so don't know if that's a good idea for us yet. We're still loosing steadily (about 1-2 pounds a week - DH is losing faster but oh well I'm still in there trying).

Vickey

• CathyS
    22 years ago

Vickey-Your wieght loss is great, as for the exercise, just hang in there. It takes a while to make it a habit. I do mine in the morning as well, I find that this way there is no excuse. I don't allow myself to do anything except take the kids to school, before my exercise. This is my way of putting me first, at least for something.
    Peaches- there are many Leslie tapes, go to her web sight and check them all out. I love the walk away tapes, but after several months of doing them every day, I felt that the 1 mile was not challenging me enough so I changed from a 1,2,or 3 mile to a 2,3,or 4 mile. I still find the 3 and 4 mile tapes to be hard work. The 2 is more of an easy day, but we all need those.

Cathy

• Vickey
    22 years ago

Well it's day three and it is getting easier to exercise in the morning. But I've noticed that before I thougth I was ready for the two mile walk (DH isn't so I was waiting for him to get "ready" so we could stick together), but with doing it (okay I mean exercising) first thing in the morning I know I'm not ready for the 2 mile. I will keep working on the one mile for now.

Vickey

• CorkiGood
    22 years ago

Vickey, I've been doing the tapes for about 3 weeks now. I had been getting up at 5:00 in the morning to do yoga (Inhale on the Oxygen channel) for about 4 months (and walking outdoors in the late afternoon) and thought I would just substitute the walking tapes for yoga a few days a week.

But that didn't work for me! It was just too much first thing in the morning. I found that it's much easier for me to do the walking later in the day. I usually do it either right after work, before dinner; or a couple of hours after dinner. I find that my endurance is much better and I don't feel so "stiff." It may be worth a shot for you to try. I rotate the tapes, doing 2 miles sometimes, 3 miles sometimes, and on other days do 1 mile plus the toning.

I'm in pretty good shape endurance-wise, even though I have about 70 lbs. to lose, because I've been really active all summer (but getting those pounds to come off is another story entirely!). I was originally just going to get the three mile tape because my regular walking route is 3 miles. But boy am I glad I got the set instead! For one thing the 3 mile tape is nothing like simply walking 3 miles outside, and I also like the option of doing different levels depending on how I feel. And each of the tapes is a great workout! Keep with it, you'll get there! And I wish I could get MY husband to do it -- he could certainly use it too!

Thanks to everyone for all the inspiration!

Corki

• CathyS
    22 years ago

Hi, everyone. I did it I made it to 6 months. I have not missed one day, I am very proud of what I have done for myself. I hope everyone is doing well. 183 days that is truly a record for me. My new goal is 9 months, wish me luck.

Cathy

• CorkiGood
    22 years ago

Way to go, Cathy! Good luck on 9 months, but since you've come this far I'm sure you'll make it! Have you lost any weight? I'm sure it's made a big difference in your endurance, strength, and overall well-being. That's a great accomplishment. I'm very proud of you!

Corki

• CathyS
    22 years ago

Corki, No I haven't lost weight, but I have gone down a size and I look soooo much better. I realy don't trust scales I like to go by my size. I am 39 years old 5'6 and I wear a size 10, I am pleased with that for now. I have firmed up all over, and I have been told I look younger. I don't think I can beat that. I have to say I am stronger and I can outlast all of my children at Disneyland. But I would say the best thing, so far is, I haven't been sick and tierd in a long time, I feel great and I want to stay that way.

Cathy

• Vickey
    22 years ago

Cathy - congratulations. I still miss days here and there, but do exercise more often than not.

I got brave this morning and finally tried the 2 mile tape. I LOVED IT. I didn't think I could do it (and have to admit at 1.5 miles I was really wondering), but I DID IT. I didn't use weights. But I'll get to that point. I did notice that when I fell more energenic today than I've felt after the one mile tape. I'm hoping to get DH to join me soon. He's afraid to try more, I don't think he thinks he can do it.

I purchased a toning tape by Leslie and it should arrive this week. I want to work on toning some of this flab I have.

You people have been a wonderful encouragement! THank you to all.

Vickey

• CathyS
    22 years ago

Vickey, Thats great Im glad you gave the 2 mile a try. Isn't it wonderful how these tapes make you feel? I am so glad I found them, I was even thinking I should get another set just in case I wear these out. Wouldn't that be something, to wear out a work out tape. Keep up the good work.
    Cathy

• Vickey
    22 years ago

DH and I just pulled out the tape measure today. I've been feeling down in the dumps about my weight loss (it's really slow). I've lost 15 inches (all over, no one place is really dramatic). Wow was I surprised, and impressed! DH and I did the two mile tape again today (agian for me, 1st time for him). It was harder than yesterday, but I did it! I was thinking of looking for the 1 mile power walk to beef up those days I don't have time (and I'm sure I'm not ready for the 3 mile yet, I will do it before christmas though, that's a promise to myself!). Has anyone tried the 1 mile power walk (not the 4 mile)?

I put in my (only watched, never tried) Richard Simmons oldies tape yesterday to try it (I was ready for a change from the one mile walk). YUCK. I watched about a minute, decided I wasn't coordinated enough and that's when I decided to do the two mile walk.

Vickey

• CorkiGood
    22 years ago

Cathy -- I believe that feeling good is the best reward! And I would kill to be able to wear a size 10! Hopefully I'll get there some day! I really admire your dedication.

Vickey -- Way to go! Congrats on the lost inches! I'm sure you'll be doing 3 miles in no time!

I do the 2 mile most days. When I have more time I do the 3 mile, and when I am pressed for time, I do the 1 mile. I'm still not doing it every day, but probably 4-5 times a week. I'll get there! I just ordered some new clothes. I'm kind of halfway between a 20 and an 18, and some of each fit me. So I ordered everything in 18 thinking if anything was tight, it might give me more motivation to keep going.

Corki

• kyki
    22 years ago

okay, well i just ordered the set from qvc. i think they had the best price, under $40. i am encouraged by you ladies so i sure hope i can do this and stick with it.

do i need a whole lot of room? should i just keep with the one mile tape for a while or should i alternate?

thanks for all your advice, have a great day!

kyki

• CathyS
    22 years ago

Kyki- Welcome, You will need enough room to kick your leg out in front of you and to step out to your side twice. You can usually do this in a 6 foot square, maybe a little more. As to alternating I think that will depend on what shape you are in. You should start slow and increase as you can. I also recomend if you are a beginner that you start with no weights, and maybe increase with 1/2 to 1 pound at a time, you don't want to hurt yourself. I don't know what shape your in so I just gave you the basics, hope this helps.

Cathy

• kyki
    22 years ago

thanks for the tips cathy, i can't wait to get the tapes. qvc is estimating i'll get them on tuesday. :)

kyki

• RomaMN
    22 years ago

I love the Leslie Sansone Power Walking tapes sooo-oo much. I took one of them with me ( 1 mile) for Thanksgiving and didn't gain a pound! I've been doing them 3X's a wk and lost 3 lbs. This wk I'm gonna work up to 10 miles. I love the extra boost I get from the hand weights, the option to do 1+ miles and the fast easy pace. I have a top of the line treadmill but haven't been using it since I got these tapes.
    Really works up a good sweat not to mention heartrate!!!
    Will start doing 10 miles this week and set it as a goal each wk throughout Dec. Trying to get my weight down 5lbs by end of Dec. Keep up the great work walking buddies!!
    Roma

• kyki
    22 years ago

hi all, just got my tapes in the mail today. i will start out tomorrow with the one mile tape. wish me luck! i would like to do the 21 day plan, but we'll see how i do with the one mile tape first :)

kyki

• Lynnie
    22 years ago

First of all congrats Roma, did you change your eating habits? And Kyki what's the 21 day plan?

Thanks, Lynnie

• kyki
    22 years ago

lynnie, the 21 day plan came in my package of stuff. it's a small booklet that tells you which tape to do on each day. for example it will tell you to do the one mile on day one, the two mile on day two, the one mile on day three, three mile on day four, etc. it breaks it down for you.

kyki

• RomaMN
    22 years ago

Lynnie, I didn't change my eating habits. In fact I really enjoyed a fulfilling Thanksgiving vacation with lots of food. The only thing that saved me from gaining weight were the walking tapes. This week however, I'm cutting back on calories and increasing my exercise to 10 miles. I'm also thinking of buying one of Leslie's toning tapes for flabby areas.
    RomaMn

• Vickey
    22 years ago

Roma, I got the firm up fast tape. I love it. Haven't done much of it, but she's gentle. No one can say I don't have any muscles, I felt them the next day. Not hurting, just knew where each of my ab muscles were.

Vickey

• RomaMN
    22 years ago

Hi - Where is everyone??
    Vickey, thanks for the info. I still intend to order the firm-up tape as soon as I get a chance. My schedule has been real busy lately but I'm keeping up with exercise. Last wk I got 10 miles in but it was a bit much. I think I'll stay within the 6-10 miles range based on what my body tells me. Haven't lost any significant amount of weight but feel good physically.
    RomaMN

• Vickey
    22 years ago

Well I did the 3-mile walk this morning. It was challenging. I didn't use the weights, but boy do I "feel the burn".

I am still always tired though. That part really bothers me, yes I don't walk every day, more like every other day. At least 1 mile, more often than not two miles. Any suggestions from anyone?

Vickey

• CathyS
    22 years ago

Hi, everyone, just thought I would check in. Its now 210 days of walking away the pounds. I still feel strong, I even managed to keep it up through a very nasty cold, that my children insisted on sharing. I hope this will help me not to gain anything through the holidays. I hope everyone is hanging in there, Have a great holiday and keep walking.

Cathy

• TheresaNTx
    22 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I am 5' 8" and weigh 190 (so says the doctor, my scale says 185! he needs to get that fixed LOL)

I started walking 3+ miles in August, end of Oct is was getting cold so I found reasons not to exercise....then I saw the infomercial... (I have bought nothing from the TV before)I have had the tapes since mid Nov. 1st day 1 mile, 2nd day 2 mile, 3rd day 3 mile...I have done the 3 mile almost daily since (skipped 3 days to be sick) I get on the scale and almost cry, I have lost next to nothing, but the good news is I hadn't gained. "What do you eat?" you ask... I eat cereal and toast in the morning, about 3pm I have a big meal (don't ask it's BBBIIIGG) then maybe popcorn before I go to bed... that's on the big days.

Don't get me wrong, I FEEL FANTASTIC! I can actually walk to the park with my kids and WANT to!

To those wondering SHOULD you buy it? YES.

I would like to know 2 things First, can I buy the 2 extra tapes in the Deluxe package? and 2nd how in the heck does Leslie TALK thru the whole thing and not breath like a outta breath race horse?

Have a great and happy New Year everyone!

Theresa

• kathy_
    22 years ago

OK I am jumping in - sister said she saw almost the same WATP set advertised on QVC at Sam's Club for $28.
    Vickey I had a friend who was tired all the time too and she went to a nutritionist who said she needed more protein and recommended she eat protein bars for a snack in addition to what she was allowed at WW. That's just a thought but it would not hurt to get some blood work to see if there is anything going on there. You may be anemic. I hope you are still checking the thread. Good luck. Kathy

• minnie_tx
    22 years ago

I do the one mile from the number two tape most days. I don't see any weight loss but do feel stronger and better. It's my stomach that really needs the workout.

I love the tapes. I don't use the weighted balls. At first I used cans of soup but gave that up. I have an unopened role of Christmas wrapping paper that is just the right length so I can balance myself if I have to. (One end on the floor) And I use it to modify the arm work. I love the 1 mile from #2.

• KathyOGabby
    22 years ago

Hi Minne, You certainly are welcome to join us at the Diet Club forum--we are walkers,etc.who are also try to eat healthy--we offer encourgement to each other+it keeps us going. KathyO

• kbrad
    22 years ago

Hi everyone my name is Kim and I am a 36 year old mother of 2 very active boys 11 & 7. I work for an elementary school doing tech support for their 130 or so computers and printers. I walk alot somedays and other days not so much. I have been overweight most of my life and still battle it each day. I am 5' 7" and weigh 183 now and at one time weighed 240. I have hopped from one diet to another never really finding anything that worked miracles. Only through healthy eating and regular exercise was I able to achieve weightloss of any kind. I stumbled across this forum on accident by search for Leslie's tapes and really really liked it sooo. I joined. I just received her tapes from Half.com for $19 (which didn't come with any extras just the set of tapes). I did the 2 mi this morning with just plain hand weights and really enjoyed it. There are so many wonderful and encouraging stories on this page I couldn't stop reading it. I really look forward to reading more of them. It really is good to know that I am not the only one who struggles with water intake, food temptations and exercising struggles. Please keep writing. I am really excited to start this program and I hope I can be as determined as you all.

• Lilypad_OR
    22 years ago

Hello everyone!
    OK, you have definitely inspired me. I am going to log off now and go buy the walk away the pounds tapes. I will probably start next Sunday and will let you know how it goes. Thanks! Lily

• minnie_tx
    22 years ago

I watched a new Infommercial during the night the other night. She has 3 new tapes out for Ab work during walks. These come with an around the waist thing and two extension cord things you do arm exercises with.
    Same price as the other's but lost the toll free number.
    Anyone else see it???? Looks good especially if you're tired of the existing tape.

• woodny
    21 years ago

OK. I have a question. Can you just order the 4 mile walk without getting the other tapes? And if yes, what is the number to call?
    I borrowed the 3 mile tape from a friend and really like it. But, I would like something that is a little longer and a little more challenging, which I am assuming the 4 mile walk would be. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus