Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walk Away the pounds #4

Posted by Vickey__MN (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 3, 03 at 11:06

I just wanted to make sure a new thread got started.

Vickey-MN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walk Away the pounds #4

Thanks Vickey! Gotta run early this morning, I will exercise and post later. Bye!

o

Did one mile this morning, felt like I was cheating. We're getting ready to paint our house, so had lots of prep work to do.

Vikey=MN

o

Vickey -
The up and down the ladder stuff will make up for it.

o

Hi! I did the 2 mile ab tape this morning. I didn't have time to post earlier. Went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens today, and did alot more walking. What a beautiful day it was and I must have taken over 100 pics. My legs are so tired, think I will go to bed soon. See ya tomorrow, Wanda

o

3 Mile abs this morning. I've been awake since 3, couldn't sleep then, but sure could now! Too bad I'm at work and that's frowned upon.

Vickey-MN

o

Weigh In at Weight Watchers was last night. The exercise is surely doing something, I lost 3.8 pounds. I know that's a lot for one week, but in 4 weeks I've lost 9 pounds, so that averages to a little over 2 pounds a week, safe healthy weight loss.

Did the firming tape this morning.

Vickey-MN

o

Great job, Vickey! Your on your way now! You must be so proud!

o

Hi everyone! I just did the 2 mile watp ab tape and 100 crunches.
I want to apologize for posting the above animation, as I didn't give thought that some people it bothers. I just got so excited for Vickey that I wanted to give her an award. Wanda

o

Thanks Wanda, I love GIFs.

I did 4 miles this morning. I'm noticing that some "lumps" are disappearing, but I'm also noticing they're not disappearing at even rate. Left thigh is definatly "lumpier" than right. Oh well, I will still keep working!

Vickey-MN

o

Did a firming tape today. We're painting our house, not much up and down of ladders, but LOTS of arm work with rollering the sides of the house.

Vickey-MN

o

Hi! Did the 2 mile with ab this morning. Now I have to get busy and do big time cleaning. My mother is flying in on Sunday to stay with me and my other two sisters until after Thanksgiving. I don't get much done because I spend way too much time on my message boards, lol!
Went shopping yesterday and then came home and cut grass. I did not workout, but did alot of walking. I always park my car at the very back of the parking lot, so that I can get my walking in.
Vicky, you will probally feel that up and down workout you are getting on the ladder.
That is something we should have done this year. We have a cedar sided home and we stain it about every 3 years. What a job, and it gets harder each time.
Anyone seen Kathy? I wonder how her and her ds are doing?
I read where MaryAnn has gone away for the weekend. Sounds like she will be having lots of fun.
See ya guys later, Wanda

o

3 miles this morning. I'm so tired, I didn't want to, and struggled to finish, but I did it. Still tired (it did NOT give me more energy today). I think it's just becasue it's Friday and I'm always bushed by Friday. Looking forward to staying in bed a little longer tomorrow.

House is almost done, my arm is killing me from all the rollering I am doing.

Vickey-MN

o

Firming tape this morning. Used 5 pound weights and 3 pound ankle weights, boy was that tough. The "PLANK" is getting easier.

Vickey-MN

o

Hi, did the 2 mile ab tape this morning. Is the house done yet Vickey?
Kathy, where are you? Check in with us, ok.

o

Outside of house is done, except touch-ups - which is good because weather was GORGEROUS last week, and is only going to be ok next week. We still have our shed to paing (one day's work, max). It looks good.

Vickey-MN

o

Just checking in....sounds like you girls are doing great! I am so busy with work and helping my son, now that his writing hand is out of commission, that I haven't had any time for working out. The amount of homework he gets is incredible. I'm already getting up earlier because it takes him longer to get ready for school and requires my help for certain things. And the only way I could work out at night would be after 10:00 p.m. and that's just not going to happen. I'm hoping this week will be better. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks (with 4 more weeks to go) since he got the cast on so the fingers are less stiff and the arm less painful when he tries to use the fingers. I've put on 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks due to lack of exercise and not eating very well. I pulled out my crockpot today, so I'm going to try for easier, healthier meals this week. It's nice to throw some things in the pot before leaving for work and having the house smell wonderful when I walk in the door in the evening...and dinner ready to serve!

Hope everyone has a great week and, hopefully, I'll be able to get on track with you gals soon!!

o

Took yesterday off, 4 miles this morning (boy did I wish I hadn't taken yesterday off). Weigh-in tonight at WW, I didn't journal most of the week, and when I did I wasn't complete. I'm hoping for 1 pound, but will be surprised if I get that. I'll post the results tonight.

Vickey-MN

o

2 miles plus firming today. I GAINED 1.2 pounds over the last week, I'm so depressed. I know I wasn't "Fantastic" on plan, but I did exercise all but Sunday, and usually 3-4 miles. I have to measure soon, hopefully I have lost inches and that will make me feel better.

Vickey-MN

o

Sorry, that you had the 1lb gain, but vickey, you can't always go by the scales. I read that in an article once.
I didn't work out today, felt lazy, had my mom visiting, but I did do the 2 mile walk yesterday and forgot to post it. Wanda

o

Walked 2 miles today.

o

Did one mile yesterday, and did Denise Austin on Cable this morning. I didn't like it, so I wil stick with the WATP tapes.

Hey I noticed a flat spot on my stomach (haven't seen that since High school, and that was A LONG time ago)

Vickey-MN

o

Walked 2 miles today.

o

Just wanted to pop in to say hi! Well, I have to confess that I have not worked out since Monday. I have had out of town company, and been on the go. I will be working out in the morning. Just thought you would be wondering where I was. Wanda

o

Hi Guys. Well, I am back on track as of today, I hope. Just did the 2 mile ab walk. I also went back to the phase 1 of my sb diet. I hope that I can loose a lb or two this week, if I behave. The big wedding is this weekend and I have 2 more lbs to go to reach my goal. After being so bad last week, no exercise and eating off the diet, doubt that I am going to reach that goal. Oh,well, I still fill great about my progress.
Where is everyone at?

o

Raked leaves and cut grass yesterday...took 4 hrs! Today, every muscle in my arms and back are screaming. Will take a break today and start again tomorrow.

o

Hi everyone!
Just did the 2 mile ab walk.
Kathy, I feel for you. I know so well what the feeling is like. We have six huge old trees in our yard and talk about leaves. I love the fall but its so much work for me. I have to do most of it myself and we have a huge yard. Its a killer.
Vickey, where are you at? Was your weigh in last night? How did it go? Hope your still loosing.

o

Too tired to exercise this morning (and haven't since last Thursday, shame on me). Weigh in last night I LOST 1.6 pounds. Since I hadn't been trying becasue I was depressed, it really rejuvinated me. Hubby has lost 20 pounds. Doesn't seem fair, but I'm starting to accept that.

Vickey-MN

o

I got my butt moving this morning, did the firming tape. I hope this gets me back on track!

Vickey-MN

o

3 miles this morning. It's amazing what a difference a week makes. Before the 3 was hard, but I could use weights the whole time, now I had to stop the weights 1/2 way through, and was not as energetic as before. Gotta keep going!

Vickey-MN

o

2 miles this morning. Fall is definatly here, I can feel it in myjoints.

Vickey-MN

o

Been a crazy and hectic week....managed to lose 2 of the lbs that I regained in the last several weeks. I am going to the grocery store today to prepare for tomorrow....I am restarting Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I need to lose 5.8 lbs just to get back to my lowest point (which was a loss of 16.4 lbs) when I was doing SBD responsibly. I am not looking forward to the first few days as I felt terrible the last time I went through Phase 1....but I NEED to do it. But the good thing was after I made it through the first few days, I felt so much better...high energy level, slept really good and my GERD stopped acting up.

I also was reading an article about how your body stops responding when you keep doing the same workout over and over again because it becomes very efficient at doing it. So I am making a schedule of a variety of things to alternate during the week.

My son is doing well....he's become very accustomed to functioning with the cast so that will allow me to have some of my evening time back to focus on working out. It comes off 2 weeks from this Monday...yeah!

o

Where did everyone go??? I haven't done much of anything this past week...very hectic, stressful work week. Started something new today, but won't comment on it until I see if I get results. Hope everyone is okay!

o

I'm still here,Kathy! I have my mom visiting me from Florida, and I have been so busy. I haven't been exercising at all. Just seems like we are on the go continuously. Next week, I plan to start on the program again.

o

I've been battling a migraine for a week (keep your fingers crossed it's gone, I'm not sure yet), so I havent' felt like exercising! Hope to start back soon.

Vickey-MN

o

I did some TaeBo last night....not the whole thing, but need to work my way back into it since I haven't done much of anything for a while. Also, did an upper body workout with light weights.

Hope to see everyone back here soon! :)

o

I'm still lurking. Exercising is on my mind every day, just can't put it into practice.

o

I am here lurking, also, ashamed to post. I have been Bad. I have had company, been busy, no time to exercise. Well, I could fit it in, just being plain lazy. Need to get back on the program,soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here