Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Preparing meals with the right nutrition balance

Posted by hittlets (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 12:13

Hello, all.

I am the preparer of food in our household. My partner is wanting to lose weight, and I want to do all that I can to help him. He exercises regularly (goes tot he gym about 4-6 days a week), but our downfall is eating. I want to prepare nutritional foods and meals, but I get caught up on what requirements I should be looking for.

For example, I know we need to reduce our calorie intake. Based on what I have read, our calorie intake right now should be about 1500 until we are at desired weight. However, I know that it isn't as easy as just reducing calories, we have to make sure that we are getting the right amount of carbs, protiens and fats.

What I am hoping this group can help me with is deciding what what level of proteins, fats and carbs I should be targeting for in a day. I think that once I figure this out, I will be able to prepare meals and snacks that get allow us to be healthy.

Thanks to all of you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Preparing meals with the right nutrition balance

Protein every day, yes, meat, no (its fat). Try grains and any 'bean'. red beans and rice, pintos and corn bread, oats and black beans, like that. If it grows eat it. Pasta, no, bread, no, cheese, no butter, no. He needs lots of colorful veggies, red, yellow, green, orange. Saute in small amt of evoo! These high fiber foods fill you up.....Moderation is the key here. Eating like this is a lifetime eating regime....and of course you can have a hamburger once a week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here