Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the Best exercise for stomach flab?

Posted by Chrissypa (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 02 at 7:30

Hi, I've lost 103 pounds and only exercised like 2 times a week. I started at 234 and am now 131. I am 4'11 inches tall. Now I have lots of flab on my stomach and upper legs. What is the best excercise to get this off? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Chrissy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the Best exercise for stomach flab?

The bad news is spot reducing does not work. Check with Dr. Dean Adel. Since tennis players exercise one arm more then the other, but thier playing arm does not grow thinner then the other arm. Only liposuction can spot reduce.

o

Pilates! Check around for classes, or see if Blockbuster has some videos you can rent. It really works.

o

Congratulations on your weight loss.
Chrissy ,what type of exercise helped you to lose the weight?

o

Wow! You are my hero. I am looking at 100 lbs that need to leave. Please pass on any advice to me!

o

A lot of that flab is just excess skin that you no longer need. Time will take care of some of it, otherwise, surgery is the only way to go. It is not like muscle tissue in that exercise will help.

You don't say how long it has been since you lost all that weight, but be patient and keep exercising so that the muscles beneath all that skin will be in great shape. Then when the skin shrinks as much as possible, you will look even better.

o

I don't know about all that loose skin, but what keeps my stomach toned are various toning exercises that I do daily with one of those ab balls. There are many different ones you can do that work the different muscles in your abs.

Congratulations on all your hard work! 100 pounds is quite an accomplishment!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here