o
Need advice on these DVDs for beginner:

Posted by ncgardengirl (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 08 at 21:30

Beginner's Yoga For Weight Loss
Yoga for Wimps
YOGA FOR BEGINNERS from Body Wisdom Media
Yoga for Inflexible People

Ok, I have never done Yoga, I am basically out of shape, I DO NOT exercise other than daily what have to be done things, like cleaning, cooking, watering plants and such... I wouldn't call me a couch potatoe but I am far from active.

I have recently lost 20 lbs, just from summer, cutting back on what I eat and doing work out side in the warmer weather.
So, that means, I am not flexible, sometime it hurts to move in a way that I have NOT in a LONG time. So I do have to be careful HOW I move, I am not too balanced either.

So, which one if any or all of these DVDs would be good for me? Based on what I have said?
If you need more basic info, please ask. I really want to try yoga and something low impact, but I need to lose weight and gain my flexibilty back. And yea, I am OVERWEIGHT so moving in some ways just ain't a gonna happen yet.

TIA,
NCGG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on these DVDs for beginner:

i would actually suggest you try some basic stretching videos (if they have them) before trying yoga.

o

I am new to yoga in the last 3 years and I started out with Lillian Folans Yoga series. I ordered it from her site but it is also available on amazon. For $20.00 you get 2 dvds and each one has 2-30 minute programs. There is a cardio one, one for relaxation, one for arms, and one for abs. They all feature breathing, and basic yoga moves.It is called for beginners but it will take some work. If you have any trouble with blood pressure and being up and down (bending down and then coming up; the cardio one may not be for you. If you have a VHS player, you could try to get your library to check them out on inner library loan. My library has then on vhs. Good luck. I am looking to get a new video for my bday.

Deanna

o

I have a Netflix account so I can rent all the DVDs I want. It keeps me from spending money on garbage. They have quite a lot.

o

If you are serious about yoga, I suggest a class.

Cheesecurl, when you look for exercise/yoga videos in Netflix, what words do you enter for searching? I haven't found much there. Maybe I'm using the wrong words.

o

No longer needing advice for yoga videos THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!

NCGG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here