Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walk Away the Pounds #3

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 03 at 18:02

Well Wanda got the last word in the #2 thread, so I thought I would begin #3.

To answer Wanda's question....no, you can't do my ab exercise on your coffee table unless it's a strange looking coffee table! The bleachers that I use are the type without backs. I sit backwards on one of the bench seats and hook my feet into the frame braces that are X'd underneath. So my legs are stretched out straight in front of me the same as if I was laying on the floor. I then put my arms behind my head for support and do sit ups. There is nothing but air under the top half of my body, so that causes me to use my muscles much more. It's a great workout. I was at the track one day and saw someone doing this exercise on the bleachers. I thought it was a high school student and I went up to her and ask her about the exercise. She happened to be one of our new coach's wife. She was in great shape!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walk Away the Pounds #3

Thanks for starting us a new thread, MaryAnn. Oh, gee, guess that I will have to go find me some bleachers some where as I don't have a strange looking coffee table, lol.
Ok, I have finished with my 3 cups of java, and two hours on the computer, so I am off to workout. Back later, Wanda

o

I started my 8 minutes in the morning today. This afternoon I plan to either do the WATP or walk outdoors.

o

Good morning everyone! I did my 8 Mins this morning - Chest & Back. I had to change the chest exercises....I have really weak wrists so pushups are near impossible. I just flipped to a different week in his book and chose a different chest exercise. I didn't do any walking yesterday...was just plain lazy! But I am full of energy today, so after grocery shopping I will be walking and maybe some of the Firm Cardio Sculpt.

MaryAnn-My sister, who is in awesome shape, does her ab workouts like you were talking about. She has some kind of workout gym (like a TotalGym or Bowflex....can't remember which one) that has a bench that she can hang off of. She says they are extremely effective.

o

Hello, I'm back. I did the 2 mile ab walk and some stomach crunches with the ball. I plan on doing the 8 min in the morning, this afternoon. lol Wonder if that makes a difference?
Its way too hot to walk here in Illinois. We have a heat warning, and they are closing all the schools early. Poor hubby, he is in construction working out in the hot sun. Hope that he comes home early.

o

I didn't walk yesterday and so far not today (there's still hope for tonight). Tomorrow we're going to the State fair, that will mean lots of walking (but even more eating of "on a stick" food) Just need to keep going I guess.

Vickey-MN

o

Hang in there tomorrow,Vickey, be strong, lol. Eat lots of veggies on a stick.

o

Got my walk in (indoors on a treadmill...too hot outside)...and did an old Body Electric tape I have (Abs, outer thighs and glutes).

o

Just did the watp firm tape, and more stomach crunches. Goodnight everyone!

o

Okay walked 1 power mile this morning, today will be walking through out the fair (and probably filling my face too, but it's only one day!).

Vickey-MN

o

Did 8 Mins - Shoulders & Abs and then went to the park with my son (almost 12) and chihuahua (she's 1). It's 1.2 miles around the path - we went around twice...the puppy did fine the first time around, but had to be carried most of the 2nd lap....LOL I think I'll get her one of those sacks that I've seen at Petsmart and I'll carry her around on my back like I did with my son when he was a baby...she'll probably love that!

o

Kathy, I read your post , and was going to ask where you where from, but then I looked and saw you are in Illinois. I was thinking, gee, it must be cooler where your at, lol. We are having a heat warning here in the metro st.louis area. Too hot for walking outside. I bet that would be adorable if you put the puppy in one of those carriers.
Ok, just got back from running errands and appts, and I left early, so now its time to start dinner. Guess I will work out this evening. So, see ya guys later, Wanda

o

Wanda, I am in a suburb of Chicago approx 45 mins west of the city. It is about 95 this afternoon so we are indoors. When we were at the park this morning it was still in the low 80's and had a really nice breeze. I have a treadmill at home so I can walk everyday (if I want...LOL) without worrying about the weather. It just gets boring sometimes so we decided the park would be a nice change of pace. It will be better when the weather turns cooler...I love the fall!

o

Hi! I had to leave early this morning for a meeting in Austin, so didn't have time to do my 8 minutes. This afternoon I walked 2 miles outdoors with a friend. Wish I could walk with her everyday, but she lives 25 miles away.

o

Hi everyone. I didn't exercise last night like I said that I would. I developed a terrible headache and I woke up this morning with it. So...I am not sure what the day is going to bring. I also was very cold. Sure hope I am not getting sick. Dh and I are looking forward to the holiday weekend and the weather here is suppose to be in the low 80's.

o

Did my 8 Mins this morning after sending my son off for his first day of junior high! I'm off work this week so my schedule is basically whatever I want it to be. The weather is improving here also Wanda. It's supposed to be low 80's today, warmer tomorrow with a storm, but then mid to upper 70's for the entire weekend with no rain! That is my kind of weather!!

o

Didn't walk this morning, I'm getting old, hips hurt from all the walking at the State Fair yesterday. Drugged up on Ibuprofin and Tylenol to get the pain and inflammation away! But the good news is we didn't eat our weight "on a stick" yesterday. Yes we ate more than we probably should have, but not a TON like usually, so that was good!

Vickey-MN

o

Didn't do anything this morning, but got a good walking workout yesterday! I'm still sore!

I'm planning to sign up for Yoga classes starting next Tuesday. Have any of you tried Yoga? What was your experience?

o

Hi everyone. A quick post here, going shopping and lunch with sister. Just did the 1 mile ab walk and bodyflex. I did not work out yesterday, was puny so I just layed on the couch all day. Hate when I do that.

o

I did nothing at all yesterday (but shopped!). Being off work this week (and grazing in the kitchen) is showing on the scale. I guess that's one reason to look forward to going back to work next week...so I can get my diet under control again. This morning did my 8 Mins-calves & glutes and Body Electric-abs,outer thighs & glutes. Will be walking later this afternoon after my son gets home from school. How is everyone else doing?

o

Hello, its Friday and the beginning of a 3 day weekend for most. Whats everyone got planned. Probally nothing here, lol. Just did the 2mile ab walk and stomach workout with the exercise ball.
Kathy, I know what you mean about the do nothing days, I had several of them this week if you check back on my posts. I had a shopping day yesterday too. Wow, did I hit a fantastic sale at Gordmans. Spent $70 and the ticket said I had a savings of $290. Hubby didn't quite agree with that, lol. They had 50% off of all clearance prices. What a deal. Thats my favorite store, anyway. Sure would like to go back again today, but I better not.
See you all tomorrow.

o

I ended up having to take my son to the dentist...a last minute emergency appt. Just got my walking done now (8:30 p.m.)....did 2 miles on the treadmill. Have a big family party tomorrow (triple birthday) so I'll need to get whatever exercise I'm going to do done early in the day. Good night!

o

Well I did it...got up early and did my 8 Mins, wrapped all the gifts and then went off to the park with my son & puppy and did 2.2 miles. The weather is sooo much cooler here...it's great after dealing with the heat & humidity! Now I am off to shower, then to my nail/pedicure appt, then off to the party. Everyone have a great day! :)

o

Hi, I did the 2mile walk with ab belt, and stomach crunches on the ball. I really needed to after the big all you can eat seafood buffet last night. I was so hungry for crablegs for the longest time and I made a pig of myself. Everything though that I ate was legal on my southbeach diet. I had crab legs, boiled shrimp, and fresh aspargas. I didn't not eat any dessert either, just watched dh have two servings. Everyone have a nice day!

o

Goodmorning Everyone. I did the 3 mile ab walk this morning and ball crunches. First time for the 3 mile. I have always been afraid to try it.It was great. I fiquired I may be skipping tomorrow morning as I am keeping the grandkids overnight and mornings are a hassle when they are here. So, I will get back on track early tuesday. Was down another pound this morning and I got into some jeans this weekend that I had packed away. They were two sizes smaller. Yeah!!!! I plan on reaching my goal by the October for my niece's wedding. I have 7 more pounds to go. I hope I can, I hope I can!!!

o

Congrats Wanda! It always feels great to fit into something you haven't been able to wear for a long time. I have a whole section in my closet waiting for that day....LOL

My good news this morning was that the poundage I put on last week while being off work wasn't permanent. Getting more focused on diet and exercise released 2.4 lbs in the last 2 days! I've decided to go back to what I used to do with my calorie distribution which was to take in the majority of my calories for breakfast and lunch giving me more time to burn it off during the day and having a very small dinner. Eating at night seems to be a downfall for me when I eat smaller meals earlier in the day.

Today was the "off" day for 8 Mins, so I walked 2-1/4 miles on the treadmill (I've started throwing a few short sprints in there to get my heart rate up) and did Tamilee Webb's I Love Those Abs tape.

It's been raining all day today and is supposed to do the same tomorrow, so it will be an indoor walking day again tomorrow I am sure. Good night!

o

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day (even if the weather did suck!) LOL Did 8 Mins, Body Electric (biceps) and 2 miles on the treadmill. Early to bed tonight and back to work tomorrow.

o

Okay took a week off, I'm back. 1 mile this morning.

Vickey-MN

o

I took a week off too, but it's because I just couldn't get myself going! I wish I had more will power!
I've signed up for a Yoga class (something I've always wanted to do). Tonight is my first night and I hope it helps to jump-start me to doing my 8 minutes and WATP!

Wanda and Kathy, congratulations!

o

Hi everyone! I did the 2 mile ab walk and the ball ab workout. Didn't get time to post this morning, as dh took me shopping for a new digital camera, what a sweetheart!
Vickey and MaryAnn, so glad to see you guys back.
Kathy, you sound so energetic, you not only walk but then do the treadmill. I had always wanted a treadmill and dh said no that I wouldn't use it. I think he is probally right. Most people that I know that have one end up not using it.

o

Well today was a high energy day, but used it all up getting caught up at work after being gone last week. Didn't get home until late, so not doing much but reading the mail and then off to bed. But I did feel good because I wore a pair of pants today that I last had on the week before I went on vacation (2 weeks ago) and they were definitely looser!

Wanda, I love my treadmill! It occasionally gets used as a clothesline...LOL...but overall, it's great for burning off work related stress. I bought it about 7 years ago at Sears and never have had a problem with it (knock on wood!). I'm one of those people who need perfect weather to walk outdoors so I need a treadmill if I plan on walking regularly since the last thing Chicago weather is is consistent!

o

Well, I did the Yoga class today. Boy, what a workout!! I think I worked every muscle in my body! One full hour! I kept hoping we would just sit and meditate. LOL Nope, it was stretch and hold. I'm already sore, but it's a good feeling. It makes me aware of all the muscles that I worked. We had a small class, 5 students, and I really liked the instructor. When we walked out of the Wellness Center I was already feeling sore. It had rained while we were inside and it felt so refreshing when I walked to my car. As I drove away there was a big perfect rainbow right in front of me. I decided it was a sign that there is hope - for me! LOL Now I need to worry about getting in shape for my class next week.

o

Okay I did firming tape this morning. that's two days in a row. I gotta keep that going!!

Vickey-MN

o

Wow,MaryAnn, sounds like you had quite a workout. Have you ever done yoga before? I haven't. I don't know how well I would be able to stretch this ole body, lol.
I didn't workout today, because I have reallly felt bad. Woke up with sore throat, headache and earache, and just yucky all over. So, I am skipping today, and I have a meeting to attend tonight. Hope tomorrow is a better day. Goodnight all.

o

Hope you feel better soon Wanda!

MaryAnn & Vickey - Welcome back!

I had a workout tape that had a small portion of power yoga on it....I thought I was going to have a heart attack...LOL It was a killer!

I skipped my 8 Mins this morning as I didn't sleep well last night so I couldn't get out of bed until the last possible moment. Believe it or not, I got a second wind tonight and started working out at 7:30 pm. I did a Body Electric tape that covered abs, glutes, outer thighs, biceps, lats and those dreaded love handles! LOL Then I jumped on the treadmill....and that's where my second wind died. I was only able to do 1/2 mile and I called it quits. Tomorrow is another day! :)

o

1 power mile this morning. That's 3 days in a row!

Vickey-MN

o

Hi everyone! I did the 1 mile ab tape this moring, along with a few sets of ab cunches. I am feeling better today, but still not up to par enough to do more than the 1 mile. I think its sinus due to all the rain that we had. Today is a gorgeous day, cool, 80 degrees.
Vickey, you go girl!!!!!!
MaryAnn, no post yesterday, are you ok from that yoga class? lol
Kathy, I don't know where you get all the energy. Do you work outside of the home? I think I am the only one of us that don't.
See ya guys later, Wanda

o

Hi everyone! Didn't know if I was going to get a posting in tonight. No 8 Mins again this a.m. Did 3 (yeah) miles on the treadmill tonight (at 8:30 p.m.) after my son's football game.

Wanda - To answer your question, yes...I work outside the home. I'm in a management position for a printing company (about 90 employees) and have been there for 24 yrs. As far as where my energy comes from...LOL...it's forced! I have a very active "almost 12" year old to keep up with and a chihuahua puppy with an attitude to chase around! Really though, losing this extra weight and getting fit reminds me of when I quit smoking. I tried quitting a couple of times and restarted and then one day, I just decided, I was going to do it no matter what and I did...it's been 17 yrs since I quit. I am 42 and I know this is the time in life when it gets very challenging to lose weight so I AM going to do this. I also have 4 sisters who are all Size 2's or 4's, a sister-in-law whose Size 2 pants have to be taken in and another SIL who has to shop in the girl's dept....LOL So I am surrounded by small women. That's a lot of pressure at family get togethers!

Oh well, I better sign off and get some sleep....good night!

o

Kathy, I am like you, I have made up my mind , this I will succeed at. If I loose this weight, I will never let myself go again. Last year, I just ate like there was no tomorrow, lol. I am 56, 3 grown married children and two grandchildren. I have always been thin, until about 2yrs ago, and I just started putting on weight. Guess it was the menopausal years that did it, and some meds. I have already told my kids, no cookies this christmas. They are used to me making tons of candies and cookies at christmas. It won't seem right, but I can't have that stuff around, especialy since dh is a diabetic. He was bad last year, too,lol. So, Kathy, you go girl, I know that you will succeed.

o

Long day but managed to squeeze in 2 miles on treadmill.

o

I didn't get a workout in today. Sorry!

o

Walked 2.2 miles at the park this morning. The rest of the day was football.

o

Did 2.15 miles on the treadmill. Also Body Electric - Triceps, abs, glutes, inner thighs. Lost another pound....down 14.6 lbs total since June 1. Was hoping to lose faster than this, but I guess I have to be comforted by the fact that the slower and steadier you lose it, the more chance of keeping if off! :)

o

Hi everyone! Kathy, congratulations, woohoo!! Doesn't it feel great. I have lost 12 pounds so far since July 7th, and feel so good about it. You are doing great also on your exercising routine.
But..... sad to say, I haven't worked out all weekend and doubt that I will today, but maybe. My sinus problem has went to my chest and now I have a croupy tight cough. Calling the doctor today for antibiotic, I hope. Afraid to work out, because of coughing. So, mabe I will try to fit something in.
Keep up the good work. Wonder where MaryAnn and Vicki are???

o

I was wondering the same thing (about Vickey and MaryAnn). Vickey was on a roll with her walking. I wonder how MaryAnn's yoga classes are going!

Congratulations to you too Wanda! To me nothing is better than when someone else notices that you've lost weight. I've had a few people at work comment so that helps motivate me.

I did 1 mile on the treadmill and some ab work. Hope you're feeling better soon!

o

I'm still here but haven't done anything other than the Yoga, which is great! I can really tell that the Yoga has worked my abs and upper arms! And that's where I need it the most! I'm missing class tonight because Jammer is here and we are riding motorcycles with a group tonight. (I do have my priorities, you know! LOL)

I still plan to get with the program on the walking and other exercises. I'm just having a hard time getting started.

o

Goodmorning. Hey, good to hear from you, MaryAnn. I know what you mean about having priorities, lol. Have fun! Glad to her that your yoga class is going good for you.
I did the 1 mile ab walk this morning and a some ab crunches. Coughed my head off alnight last night, so I was afraid to just jump in gungho. See ya tomorrow.

o

Didn't walk yesterday at all...did some ab crunches before bed, but that was it. Tonight I did 2.2 miles on the treadmill.

o

Busy day ....only got 1 mile on treadmill in.

Where is everyone??

o

Okay I'm here, just didn't post. I walked 1 mile-Tuesday, 1 mile-Wednesday, and 2-miles Thursday. I have to take Hubby to work EARLY this AM, so am going to try to get some toning in this evening.

Vickey-MN

o

I am here, too. I went shopping all day yesterday, so I didn't exercise. I am going to this morning as soon as I finish having my coffee.
I bought my new outfit yesterday for my nieces' wedding in October. Guess what? Its a size 8 and fits perfect. My sisters helped me pick it out, and they said "wow, you look so slim in that, you have really lost weight." I feel so good. This past winter I was buying some size 14 jeans because of my waistline. Just had to share this.

o

Wanda that's great, you must be so proud of yoursel!!

Vickey-MN

o

I'm back! Just did the 2 mile ab walk and a ab workout. It took all I had too, to finish the 2 mile. I am still battling this croupy cough!
Thanks Vickey. Yes, I am so very proud.

o

Wow Wanda! Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful to shop and realize that you need a smaller size!
I haven't exercised this week, but I have thought about it! LOL I wish that would help.
My alarm goes off at 5am and I lay in bed till 5:30 every morning. All this week I would lay there at 5:00 and think that I should get up and exercise, but then I would close my eyes and stay there till 5:30. I guess I just have to make myself a promise to get up and exercise from now on!

o

Wow Wanda...that is great!! I had on a pair of pants yesterday that felt tighter than the last time I wore them. :( I need to watch my sweets...I am a recovering chocoholic...LOL....and I've had a few relapses lately. Those peanut M&M's jump right off the shelf into my cart...darn little buggers!

I did NOTHING yesterday...well, I guess that's not entirely true. I didn't walk....but decided to get some of my housework done last night because today is football which eats away a good chunk of the afternoon. So half my house is cleaned and the laundry is done and now I'm off to do the grocery shopping. Let's hope those M&M's can show some restraint and stay on the shelf! LOL

o

Ended up not walking or working out at all yesterday. Need to bring the puppy in for "spa day" today....so I think I will get a good workout in while she is gone (it's challenging doing ab crunches with a chihuahua sitting on your stomach staring at you...LOL)

Have a great Sunday!!

o

Walked 2 mile ABS this morning, that one is hard, but felt great after. Gotta keep doing it, just gotta.

Vickey-MN

o

Okay did 2 miles ABS again. Tomorrow I'll do a firming tape I think. Weigh-in at Weight Watchers tonight, keep your fingers crossed for me. I've been good, so I know I lost..goal for tonight..2.5 pounds.

Vickey-MN

o

My fingers are crossed, Vickey! It sounds like you are back on track. I have been having a hard time getting started. I tried to start a new leaf this morning! I was up at 5am and did 15 minutes of steps and the ab wheel. I could really feel it in my thighs and abs. I also weighed before exercising and I had gained 2 pounds!

I really want to look good for the holidays! Also we are going to the Bike Fest on South Padre Island next month for 4 days and I would like to look a little slimmer for that. So that means I have to get serious. I missed Yoga last week and will miss again tomorrow because Jammer is here and we will be riding with some friends. Next week I should be back on schedule with the Yoga.

o

Firming tape today. I was disappointed with my weight loss last week..1.4 pounds. Gotta keep going though.

Vickey-MN

o

3 mile ABS tape this morning. What a workout. I'm not sure yet if I'm energized or just tired!!!

Vickey-MN

o

Firming tape again this morning. Boy did I feel that 3 mile tape in the abs all day yesterday! Didn't think I had ab muscles, must have because they were sore!!

Vickey-MN

o

Hi everyone! Guesss you all were wondering what happened to me. Well, I kinda got busy with things, and slacked off. Did the 2 mile walk this morning and 50 ab crunches.
Vickey, you are doing great. Wow, you did the 3 mile! I have only did it one time, took forever for me to get the courage to do it,lol. Great going!

o

Goodmorning,where's everyone at? Especially, Kathy, where are you?
I just did the 2 mile walk and 10 min's of ab's. I was really bad yesterday. First of all, I did not work out. Then we went to the St.Louis cardinal ballgame with my husbands' company. A one time a year thing. They take us on a bus loaded with all kinds of drinks, and then we have a vip bullpen room with food catered. I really went off my diet big time. Oh,well, today is another day, right?

o

Don't hate me because I.....did a 4 mile walk. I have the Walk Away the pounds 4 mile tape..and I did it this morning!!! My Daughter said it was easier than the three mile abs, and boy was she right! But I did a 4 mile walk, I'm so happy with myself!

Vickey-MN

o

Wow,Vickey,Wow!!

o

Okay I did the 3 mile WATP with the weighted balls today. THe 3 mile tapes are getting easier, and I'm starting to like them, that's a good sign right. Also I did some measurements (clothing was tight before I started walking and are now fitting good, so I can't tell by my clothing) and I've lost a TOTAL (mind you that's .25 here and there) of 12.75 inches off my body. I'm happy. Weigh In is tomorrow at WW, I am hoping to match the 1.4 pounds lost last week (okay I'm hoping for more, but will be happy for 1 1/2 pounds)

Vickey-MN

o

Vickey,I am so happy for you. Don't it feel great? You are doing so good. I will keep my fingers crossed for you weigh in, ok?
I did a new tape today. Its a Kathy Smith walking tape,called walk and roll. At first I didn't like it, thought oh, this is easy,but it got harder and I was sweating at the end, good sign,huh? Its ok for a fill in between watp. She tries to add a few dance steps, and I just don't like that, I have too many left feet, lol.

o

You girls are doing awesome! I, on the other hand, have been too busy to breathe....LOL I know...excuses, excuses. Honestly, I feel like I've barely been in my own home in the last week. And now tonight, when I finally leave the office, I have to bring my car in...it's overdue. If I don't get home tonight in time, I DEFINITELY plan to get back on track tomorrow. I guess the bright side is my weight has been fluctuating up & down only about 1.5 lbs. Considering my lack of exercise and what I've been eating, I should be thanking my lucky stars and I didn't gain 10 lbs....LOL Keep up the good work ladies and I will see you tomorrow!! :)

o

3 mile with the balls this morning. Last nights weigh in was 2.4 pounds, that's a total of 4 pounds down. I still wish it was more, but I know it came on slowly, it has to go off slowly.

Vickey-MN

o

Kathy, I am so glad to see you back, I wondered what happened to you. I know what you mean, sometimes it is really hard to fit in. I didn't exercise yesterday, and I won't be able today either, as there are going to be a couple men here installing the sattelite internet,yes,yes, and I don't want to work out in front of them, lol. It would not be a pretty site!!!!!
Vickey, I am so happy for you. You are doing great! Don't it feel good to accomplish something for all the work? Keep it up,girl.

o

Okay what is it, I walk you guys don't, I don't you guys do. NOT FUNNY!

I did a three mile walk again this morning. I am sore, so maybe tomorrow I'll do a toning tape instead.

Vickey-MN

o

Vickey, you are doing so good! I have the same excuse as Kathy! LOL Jammer has been here for 2 weeks and I'm not used to that! Usually he's only here on the weekends. He left last night and today I started on my WW, and plan to exercise tonight. I have been so sluggish and lazy! I don't have the energy to walk, but I know that's because I'm not doing it! The more you exercise the more energy you have, so I have to make myself get going again!

There are 5 ladies in my office building. Three of them have lost weight over the past few months. 1 walked like crazy and also tried to eat healthier. She is tiny now and looks great! The other 2 went on WW. 1 of them walked alot and the other one didn't exercise at all. They both have lost weight and look really good. So that is constant motivation for me each day!

o

Hi!
Vickey, thats funny! LOL!
Seems like the same thing happened to me, when I got motivated, you all left me. I think you went on vacation or something. Ok, I was bad again today, left early to go shopping and shopped all day. Did alot of walking though,my legs hurt. Does that count? Tomorrow morning I promise to walk,ok?

o

No walk this morning, I did a firming tape instead.

Yes Wanda, walking is walking wether with a video or on your own!

Vickey-MN

o

Had a wake to go to last night. Somebody at work's mother died of lung cancer. Still had time to do somewhat of a workout. I walked a mile and did I Want Those Arms tape. Haven't done that one in a while.....it actually felt good. Now I'm motivated again!

o

I sure am glad to know that all that walking yesterday and tired legs was not a total loss, lol. Did the 2 mile watp today.

o

4 miles this morning, I did it!

Vickey-MN

o

Wow,Vickey, great job! I did the 2 mile walk. I also lost 2 lbs this week. Thats a total of 14!!!

o

I didn't do anything yesterday. :(

So.........I got up early today and did my TaeBo tape. Haven't done that in a very long time and it felt very good...thought they might have to call 911 when I was done...LOL....but it felt good!

Have to go clean house and do laundry, then a football game, then MAYBE back for a walk later.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work....you guys are doing great!! (Wanda - I think your lost 2 pounds found me! LOL I'm up a couple of pounds so I need to buckle down on the diet!)

o

Okay, so once again things didn't go as planned. Everything went okay up until the football game. My son was injured and we had to go to the hospital where it ended up he had broken his arm. We didn't get home until late and, of course, he was in pain and needing help with everything (since he is right-handed and he broke his right arm). So I did my TaeBo yesterday, but no walking. This morning he is going to go by his dad's so I'll have time to do my own stuff and then tomorrow he'll be back here to go to the orthopedic surgeon's office. The doctor at the hospital was fairly certain that it could just be set and casted without needing any intervention (we did not dare say "surgery" in front of him!).

So......I am off to help with breakfast...I hear him down there (he already warned me he's "crabby" today....LOL)

o

WOW! Everyone's doing so well!
4 miles is great, Vickey! Don't you feel that your energy level has gone out the roof???

Wanda, congratulations on the weight loss!

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's injury! I've been there with 3 sons. Between football and basketball, we spent our fair amount of time in emergency rooms!

I did step exercises on Friday and yesterday I went with a friend to an antique/craft show and sell. It seems we walked for miles and miles and still didn't even come close to seeing it all. Last night I just feel in bed and immediately went to sleep! I realize now that I better get more serious about my walking/exercising routine. I need to get in better shape!
I am sticking to my WW, and will start week #2 on Wednesday. Hope I've lost a few pounds by then!

Good wishes to everyone on the new week coming up!

o

4 miles again this morning. I had planned on the 3 mile abs, was in 2.5 miles and DH comes up and whines that I didn't wait for him, so I did a one mile with the balls with him.

MaryAnn, sometimes I feel like I have tons of energy, then at times I feel OLD. Oh well. Weigh in is tomorrow, I need to lose 1 pound to finally get my 5 pound bookmark. But I have to admit that if I don't lose more I'm going to be really disappointed. I've followed my diet well, and exercised most every day (I think I only missed Saturday). Will let you know tomorrow.

Vickey-MN

o

Okay why is it so hard for me to talk about the walk away the pounds tape with the weighted balls, and my hubby in the same sentence without it sounding lewd and perverted. I meant to say I did the one mile tape (the one that uses the weighted balls) along with my hubby. See even that sounds funny. Oh well, laughter uses calories, so I bet you've used some now!

Vickey-MN

o

I sure am glad you explained that one, Vickey! LOLOLOL

o

Glad you explained that one to us,Vickey! I was up at 4 am this moring, preparing for a bridal shower that I am helping give today. Now its over and I am exhausted. So...not only did I not exercise today, I was very bad. I had not one, but 2 pieces of cake. We had two different cakes, one was a fresh fruit bavarian pie, and a three layed bridal cake with chocolate fudge on one layer and cheese on the other. I haven't had a piece of cake since June, so did I go for it, lol.
Well, tomorrow morning I guess I will try to work it off.
Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about your son's arm. Hope everything goes ok? How old is he?
Ok, girls, see ya tomorow. Wanda

o

Kathy, how is your son's arm doing? I hope everything went/goes well at the ortho.

I did one mile plus the firming tape this morning.

Vickey-MN

o

Hi girls! I am waiting for 8:00 when the orthopedic's office opens so I can call to see what time I can get my son in (he is 11...12 next month). I didn't work out this morning because I want to be ready to go (not hot & sweaty) if they say I can bring him in right away. I plan on doing TaeBo later today though. I can feel a difference just from doing it the last 2 days! I heard a disturbing story on the news this morning. A 12 year old boy in Round Lake, IL died over the weekend from massive head injuries sustained at his football game. He was fine until the 4th quarter and was actually sitting on the bleachers when he just passed out and then died. Makes me want to refuse to let my son play football anymore. My son did comment that the guy he was blocking (that he broke his arm on) kept pushing his head back. I would think anything above the shoulders is against the rules.

Better run....will check in later with an update. Have a great day everyone and keep on walkin'!!

o

Hi everyone!
Kathy, I hope that everything goes ok with the doctor today. Let us all know how your son is doing,ok?
I did the 3 mile walk today.

o

Okay, we are finally back! He said it was more severe than your typical wrist fracture, but not quite severe enough to require surgery......yeah!!!!!!!!! He said normally for a child at this age, he would cast it for 4 weeks, but he is having my son keep his on for 6 weeks....the first 3 weeks with a sling also. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a loooong 6 weeks.......LOL It's been a long evening.....think I'm going to go watch the Bears/Packers game and then zonk out. See you girls tomorrow!

o

4 miles this morning. Weigh in last night. Down 1.2 pounds. It gets frustrating, I'm doing these higher miles and the weight is going down slowly. 5.3 pounds so far, so that really is good. Plus, SHHHH don't tell my hubby, I want to see if he notices...I put on a pair of pants that are a size smaller, they're not tight, but comfortably snug. Let's see if he notices. I did notice the other pants were bagging in the butt, I guess you could say I've been working my a## off! Literally?!?!?

Vickey-MN

o

Have to run to go see the guidance counselor at school, but did TaeBo this morning. Want to try and do some walking this afternoon.

o
RE: One more thing........

Oh and congratulations to Miss Baggy Pants (Vickey)! LOL :)

o

Wooohoo, Miss BabyPants!!

o

Whoops, type error, sorry! LOL

o

One Mile this morning and toning. Feel stiff, but that could be because it's COLD here (31 degrees).

Vickey-MN

o

Hi everyone! Did the 2 mile walk tape this morning, and 10 min. ab workout!

o

Way to go Wanda. MaryAnn...you get back into the exercise routine yet?

I did 3 miles Abs this morning. It seems so much harder lately. Either I'm going through my "I'm getting tired of exercising" phase, or it's the cold here. But I'm determined to keep going.

Vickey-MN

o

Didn't exercise today. I have had company all day and they are spending the night. They are leaving early in the morning,so I will be working out tomorrow morning. Night All!

o

I did NOT want to exercise this morning. I'm so tired and just want to sleep in (even sleeping to 6 would be a treat about now). BUT I did walk. I got a three mile tape in this morning.

Remember I mentioned I was into a size smaller jeans. Well I didn't want to really count it because they're the "stretch denim", so I was thinking they were just stretching QUITE a bit. Well this morning I put on a pair of regular jeans, the size smaller, and they fit!! Waist is snug (not tight), and the thighs and butt are looser than they use to be. The belly isn't but I think my belly is "raising" as the muscles tighten, making it seem bigger for now - did that make sense? Don't like that but it's the only explaination I have.

vickey-MN

o

Goodmorning All!
Did the 2 mile walk this morning and a 10 min ab workout. I seem to be in a rut doing the same workout routine everyday.
Vickey, I am so happy for you. Doesn't it make you feel so proud to get into a smaller size(even if no one notices),right? Keep up the good work, you are doing great.
Kathy hasn't posted for awhile. Guess she is keeping busy taking care of her son, huh?
See you all tomorrow, Wanda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here