SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryanntx

Walk Away the Pounds #3

maryanntx
20 years ago

Well Wanda got the last word in the #2 thread, so I thought I would begin #3.

To answer Wanda's question....no, you can't do my ab exercise on your coffee table unless it's a strange looking coffee table! The bleachers that I use are the type without backs. I sit backwards on one of the bench seats and hook my feet into the frame braces that are X'd underneath. So my legs are stretched out straight in front of me the same as if I was laying on the floor. I then put my arms behind my head for support and do sit ups. There is nothing but air under the top half of my body, so that causes me to use my muscles much more. It's a great workout. I was at the track one day and saw someone doing this exercise on the bleachers. I thought it was a high school student and I went up to her and ask her about the exercise. She happened to be one of our new coach's wife. She was in great shape!!!

Comments (100)

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Wanda that's great, you must be so proud of yoursel!!

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

I'm back! Just did the 2 mile ab walk and a ab workout. It took all I had too, to finish the 2 mile. I am still battling this croupy cough!
    Thanks Vickey. Yes, I am so very proud.

• Related Discussions

Walk Away The Pounds #9 - February

Q

Comments (21)
    Hi! I'm back! Kathy, you sure are doing great! You sound so motivated this time around, good for you! 60 min....... I can barely do 30,lol! I just got home yesterday,so you are going to have to give me til monday to get back into my groove, ok? I have tons of things to get done this week. I have to unpack, clean, write bills, go grocery shopping. I also need to visit my kids and grandkids. I have to make a trip down to see my dad in Missouri, as he has been ill. It will only be a overnight stay, and only a day visit if possible. He usely begs me to spend the night, but I would rather not,as his wife, I am not really fond of, but I can tolerate! LOL! I see that MaryAnn has been posting, but what happen to Vickey? Wish that we could get some others to join us. I know that there has got to be others on this forum that are working out. Maybe we should start a Daily Exercise Post for all, (instead of calling it Walk away the Pounds). What do you think?
    ...See More

Walk away the pounds

Q

Comments (100)
    Walked the 2 mile walk for abs today. Good workout. Glad to see ya back, Vickey. Hey, did you see MaryAnn there? If so, did you ask her where she's been? I get in the groove here, and she dissappeared. Wish some others would join us. I really plan on keeping this up, it makes you feel so much better and I am going to get those 20 lbs off or else. Wanda
    ...See More

Walk Away the Pounds Question

Q

Comments (3)
    I went to lesliesansome.com and just bought the waist/arm belt a la carte. I believe you can buy single tapes, prices seemed fair to me and I didn't have to leave my house!
    ...See More

walk away the pounds???

Q

Comments (1)
    These are tapes that you use to walk each day. They simulate a 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile walk. I have the Walk Away the Pounds for abs that includes an ab belt as part of the exercise. Walk Away the Pounds
    ...See More
  • maryanntx
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Wow Wanda! Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful to shop and realize that you need a smaller size!
    I haven't exercised this week, but I have thought about it! LOL I wish that would help.
    My alarm goes off at 5am and I lay in bed till 5:30 every morning. All this week I would lay there at 5:00 and think that I should get up and exercise, but then I would close my eyes and stay there till 5:30. I guess I just have to make myself a promise to get up and exercise from now on!

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Wow Wanda...that is great!! I had on a pair of pants yesterday that felt tighter than the last time I wore them. :( I need to watch my sweets...I am a recovering chocoholic...LOL....and I've had a few relapses lately. Those peanut M&M's jump right off the shelf into my cart...darn little buggers!

I did NOTHING yesterday...well, I guess that's not entirely true. I didn't walk....but decided to get some of my housework done last night because today is football which eats away a good chunk of the afternoon. So half my house is cleaned and the laundry is done and now I'm off to do the grocery shopping. Let's hope those M&M's can show some restraint and stay on the shelf! LOL

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Ended up not walking or working out at all yesterday. Need to bring the puppy in for "spa day" today....so I think I will get a good workout in while she is gone (it's challenging doing ab crunches with a chihuahua sitting on your stomach staring at you...LOL)

Have a great Sunday!!

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Walked 2 mile ABS this morning, that one is hard, but felt great after. Gotta keep doing it, just gotta.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Okay did 2 miles ABS again. Tomorrow I'll do a firming tape I think. Weigh-in at Weight Watchers tonight, keep your fingers crossed for me. I've been good, so I know I lost..goal for tonight..2.5 pounds.

Vickey-MN

• maryanntx
    Original Author
    20 years ago

My fingers are crossed, Vickey! It sounds like you are back on track. I have been having a hard time getting started. I tried to start a new leaf this morning! I was up at 5am and did 15 minutes of steps and the ab wheel. I could really feel it in my thighs and abs. I also weighed before exercising and I had gained 2 pounds!

I really want to look good for the holidays! Also we are going to the Bike Fest on South Padre Island next month for 4 days and I would like to look a little slimmer for that. So that means I have to get serious. I missed Yoga last week and will miss again tomorrow because Jammer is here and we will be riding with some friends. Next week I should be back on schedule with the Yoga.

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Firming tape today. I was disappointed with my weight loss last week..1.4 pounds. Gotta keep going though.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

3 mile ABS tape this morning. What a workout. I'm not sure yet if I'm energized or just tired!!!

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Firming tape again this morning. Boy did I feel that 3 mile tape in the abs all day yesterday! Didn't think I had ab muscles, must have because they were sore!!

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi everyone! Guesss you all were wondering what happened to me. Well, I kinda got busy with things, and slacked off. Did the 2 mile walk this morning and 50 ab crunches.
    Vickey, you are doing great. Wow, you did the 3 mile! I have only did it one time, took forever for me to get the courage to do it,lol. Great going!

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Goodmorning,where's everyone at? Especially, Kathy, where are you?
    I just did the 2 mile walk and 10 min's of ab's. I was really bad yesterday. First of all, I did not work out. Then we went to the St.Louis cardinal ballgame with my husbands' company. A one time a year thing. They take us on a bus loaded with all kinds of drinks, and then we have a vip bullpen room with food catered. I really went off my diet big time. Oh,well, today is another day, right?

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Don't hate me because I.....did a 4 mile walk. I have the Walk Away the pounds 4 mile tape..and I did it this morning!!! My Daughter said it was easier than the three mile abs, and boy was she right! But I did a 4 mile walk, I'm so happy with myself!

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Wow,Vickey,Wow!!

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Okay I did the 3 mile WATP with the weighted balls today. THe 3 mile tapes are getting easier, and I'm starting to like them, that's a good sign right. Also I did some measurements (clothing was tight before I started walking and are now fitting good, so I can't tell by my clothing) and I've lost a TOTAL (mind you that's .25 here and there) of 12.75 inches off my body. I'm happy. Weigh In is tomorrow at WW, I am hoping to match the 1.4 pounds lost last week (okay I'm hoping for more, but will be happy for 1 1/2 pounds)

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Vickey,I am so happy for you. Don't it feel great? You are doing so good. I will keep my fingers crossed for you weigh in, ok?
    I did a new tape today. Its a Kathy Smith walking tape,called walk and roll. At first I didn't like it, thought oh, this is easy,but it got harder and I was sweating at the end, good sign,huh? Its ok for a fill in between watp. She tries to add a few dance steps, and I just don't like that, I have too many left feet, lol.

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

You girls are doing awesome! I, on the other hand, have been too busy to breathe....LOL I know...excuses, excuses. Honestly, I feel like I've barely been in my own home in the last week. And now tonight, when I finally leave the office, I have to bring my car in...it's overdue. If I don't get home tonight in time, I DEFINITELY plan to get back on track tomorrow. I guess the bright side is my weight has been fluctuating up & down only about 1.5 lbs. Considering my lack of exercise and what I've been eating, I should be thanking my lucky stars and I didn't gain 10 lbs....LOL Keep up the good work ladies and I will see you tomorrow!! :)

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

3 mile with the balls this morning. Last nights weigh in was 2.4 pounds, that's a total of 4 pounds down. I still wish it was more, but I know it came on slowly, it has to go off slowly.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Kathy, I am so glad to see you back, I wondered what happened to you. I know what you mean, sometimes it is really hard to fit in. I didn't exercise yesterday, and I won't be able today either, as there are going to be a couple men here installing the sattelite internet,yes,yes, and I don't want to work out in front of them, lol. It would not be a pretty site!!!!!
    Vickey, I am so happy for you. You are doing great! Don't it feel good to accomplish something for all the work? Keep it up,girl.

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Okay what is it, I walk you guys don't, I don't you guys do. NOT FUNNY!

I did a three mile walk again this morning. I am sore, so maybe tomorrow I'll do a toning tape instead.

Vickey-MN

• maryanntx
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Vickey, you are doing so good! I have the same excuse as Kathy! LOL Jammer has been here for 2 weeks and I'm not used to that! Usually he's only here on the weekends. He left last night and today I started on my WW, and plan to exercise tonight. I have been so sluggish and lazy! I don't have the energy to walk, but I know that's because I'm not doing it! The more you exercise the more energy you have, so I have to make myself get going again!

There are 5 ladies in my office building. Three of them have lost weight over the past few months. 1 walked like crazy and also tried to eat healthier. She is tiny now and looks great! The other 2 went on WW. 1 of them walked alot and the other one didn't exercise at all. They both have lost weight and look really good. So that is constant motivation for me each day!

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi!
    Vickey, thats funny! LOL!
    Seems like the same thing happened to me, when I got motivated, you all left me. I think you went on vacation or something. Ok, I was bad again today, left early to go shopping and shopped all day. Did alot of walking though,my legs hurt. Does that count? Tomorrow morning I promise to walk,ok?

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

No walk this morning, I did a firming tape instead.

Yes Wanda, walking is walking wether with a video or on your own!

Vickey-MN

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Had a wake to go to last night. Somebody at work's mother died of lung cancer. Still had time to do somewhat of a workout. I walked a mile and did I Want Those Arms tape. Haven't done that one in a while.....it actually felt good. Now I'm motivated again!

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

I sure am glad to know that all that walking yesterday and tired legs was not a total loss, lol. Did the 2 mile watp today.

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

4 miles this morning, I did it!

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Wow,Vickey, great job! I did the 2 mile walk. I also lost 2 lbs this week. Thats a total of 14!!!

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

I didn't do anything yesterday. :(

So.........I got up early today and did my TaeBo tape. Haven't done that in a very long time and it felt very good...thought they might have to call 911 when I was done...LOL....but it felt good!

Have to go clean house and do laundry, then a football game, then MAYBE back for a walk later.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work....you guys are doing great!! (Wanda - I think your lost 2 pounds found me! LOL I'm up a couple of pounds so I need to buckle down on the diet!)

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Okay, so once again things didn't go as planned. Everything went okay up until the football game. My son was injured and we had to go to the hospital where it ended up he had broken his arm. We didn't get home until late and, of course, he was in pain and needing help with everything (since he is right-handed and he broke his right arm). So I did my TaeBo yesterday, but no walking. This morning he is going to go by his dad's so I'll have time to do my own stuff and then tomorrow he'll be back here to go to the orthopedic surgeon's office. The doctor at the hospital was fairly certain that it could just be set and casted without needing any intervention (we did not dare say "surgery" in front of him!).

So......I am off to help with breakfast...I hear him down there (he already warned me he's "crabby" today....LOL)

• maryanntx
    Original Author
    20 years ago

WOW! Everyone's doing so well!
    4 miles is great, Vickey! Don't you feel that your energy level has gone out the roof???

Wanda, congratulations on the weight loss!

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's injury! I've been there with 3 sons. Between football and basketball, we spent our fair amount of time in emergency rooms!

I did step exercises on Friday and yesterday I went with a friend to an antique/craft show and sell. It seems we walked for miles and miles and still didn't even come close to seeing it all. Last night I just feel in bed and immediately went to sleep! I realize now that I better get more serious about my walking/exercising routine. I need to get in better shape!
    I am sticking to my WW, and will start week #2 on Wednesday. Hope I've lost a few pounds by then!

Good wishes to everyone on the new week coming up!

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

4 miles again this morning. I had planned on the 3 mile abs, was in 2.5 miles and DH comes up and whines that I didn't wait for him, so I did a one mile with the balls with him.

MaryAnn, sometimes I feel like I have tons of energy, then at times I feel OLD. Oh well. Weigh in is tomorrow, I need to lose 1 pound to finally get my 5 pound bookmark. But I have to admit that if I don't lose more I'm going to be really disappointed. I've followed my diet well, and exercised most every day (I think I only missed Saturday). Will let you know tomorrow.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Okay why is it so hard for me to talk about the walk away the pounds tape with the weighted balls, and my hubby in the same sentence without it sounding lewd and perverted. I meant to say I did the one mile tape (the one that uses the weighted balls) along with my hubby. See even that sounds funny. Oh well, laughter uses calories, so I bet you've used some now!

Vickey-MN

• maryanntx
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I sure am glad you explained that one, Vickey! LOLOLOL

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Glad you explained that one to us,Vickey! I was up at 4 am this moring, preparing for a bridal shower that I am helping give today. Now its over and I am exhausted. So...not only did I not exercise today, I was very bad. I had not one, but 2 pieces of cake. We had two different cakes, one was a fresh fruit bavarian pie, and a three layed bridal cake with chocolate fudge on one layer and cheese on the other. I haven't had a piece of cake since June, so did I go for it, lol.
    Well, tomorrow morning I guess I will try to work it off.
    Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about your son's arm. Hope everything goes ok? How old is he?
    Ok, girls, see ya tomorow. Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Kathy, how is your son's arm doing? I hope everything went/goes well at the ortho.

I did one mile plus the firming tape this morning.

Vickey-MN

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Hi girls! I am waiting for 8:00 when the orthopedic's office opens so I can call to see what time I can get my son in (he is 11...12 next month). I didn't work out this morning because I want to be ready to go (not hot & sweaty) if they say I can bring him in right away. I plan on doing TaeBo later today though. I can feel a difference just from doing it the last 2 days! I heard a disturbing story on the news this morning. A 12 year old boy in Round Lake, IL died over the weekend from massive head injuries sustained at his football game. He was fine until the 4th quarter and was actually sitting on the bleachers when he just passed out and then died. Makes me want to refuse to let my son play football anymore. My son did comment that the guy he was blocking (that he broke his arm on) kept pushing his head back. I would think anything above the shoulders is against the rules.

Better run....will check in later with an update. Have a great day everyone and keep on walkin'!!

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Kathy, I hope that everything goes ok with the doctor today. Let us all know how your son is doing,ok?
    I did the 3 mile walk today.

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Okay, we are finally back! He said it was more severe than your typical wrist fracture, but not quite severe enough to require surgery......yeah!!!!!!!!! He said normally for a child at this age, he would cast it for 4 weeks, but he is having my son keep his on for 6 weeks....the first 3 weeks with a sling also. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a loooong 6 weeks.......LOL It's been a long evening.....think I'm going to go watch the Bears/Packers game and then zonk out. See you girls tomorrow!

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

4 miles this morning. Weigh in last night. Down 1.2 pounds. It gets frustrating, I'm doing these higher miles and the weight is going down slowly. 5.3 pounds so far, so that really is good. Plus, SHHHH don't tell my hubby, I want to see if he notices...I put on a pair of pants that are a size smaller, they're not tight, but comfortably snug. Let's see if he notices. I did notice the other pants were bagging in the butt, I guess you could say I've been working my a## off! Literally?!?!?

Vickey-MN

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Have to run to go see the guidance counselor at school, but did TaeBo this morning. Want to try and do some walking this afternoon.

• kathyg7777
    20 years ago

Oh and congratulations to Miss Baggy Pants (Vickey)! LOL :)

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Wooohoo, Miss BabyPants!!

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Whoops, type error, sorry! LOL

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

One Mile this morning and toning. Feel stiff, but that could be because it's COLD here (31 degrees).

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi everyone! Did the 2 mile walk tape this morning, and 10 min. ab workout!

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

Way to go Wanda. MaryAnn...you get back into the exercise routine yet?

I did 3 miles Abs this morning. It seems so much harder lately. Either I'm going through my "I'm getting tired of exercising" phase, or it's the cold here. But I'm determined to keep going.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Didn't exercise today. I have had company all day and they are spending the night. They are leaving early in the morning,so I will be working out tomorrow morning. Night All!

• Vickey__MN
    20 years ago

I did NOT want to exercise this morning. I'm so tired and just want to sleep in (even sleeping to 6 would be a treat about now). BUT I did walk. I got a three mile tape in this morning.

Remember I mentioned I was into a size smaller jeans. Well I didn't want to really count it because they're the "stretch denim", so I was thinking they were just stretching QUITE a bit. Well this morning I put on a pair of regular jeans, the size smaller, and they fit!! Waist is snug (not tight), and the thighs and butt are looser than they use to be. The belly isn't but I think my belly is "raising" as the muscles tighten, making it seem bigger for now - did that make sense? Don't like that but it's the only explaination I have.

vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Goodmorning All!
    Did the 2 mile walk this morning and a 10 min ab workout. I seem to be in a rut doing the same workout routine everyday.
    Vickey, I am so happy for you. Doesn't it make you feel so proud to get into a smaller size(even if no one notices),right? Keep up the good work, you are doing great.
    Kathy hasn't posted for awhile. Guess she is keeping busy taking care of her son, huh?
    See you all tomorrow, Wanda

Sponsored