Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teen won't eat fruits/vegetables regularly

Posted by Carlotta_Bull (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 22, 02 at 11:42

I'm at my wits end with my daughter. The only vegetables she likes are corn, broccoli & occasionally salad. She eats fruits better, but seems burned out on everything. I think it's summer doldrums.

She takes a multivitamin daily.

I've seen fruit & vegetable tablets. Are these a legitimate replacement for the periods she goes through when she refuses to eat anything but protein & starches?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teen won't eat fruits/vegetables regularly

Ask her doctor. If they're legit, they certainly can't hurt. If she'll only eat a few different vegetables, just continue to serve them, maybe in different recipes. Here is a recipe that my family loves and so has everyone else who's ever tried it.

Tons of veggies of your choice...I use zuchini, summer squash, mushrooms,carrots, peppers, eggplant, or any other veggies I have on hand.

onion, garlic, 1 can chicken broth, 1 can diced tomatoes undrained, juice of 1/2 lemon, approx 2tsp. dried basil, chopped spinach or escarole.

Saute veggies, onion and garlic in small amount of oil (approx 2 Tbsp). When they begin to soften, add chicken broth, basil, lemon juice and tomatoes and bring to boil. Lower to simmer, add about 6oz chopped spinach or escarole. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. That's it! Add your favorite cooked pasta, about 1/2-3/4 pound, and sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese if you'd like.

If you want to add meat, try either grilled chicken cubed or some nice spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled. (about 1/2-3/4 pound). This is a full meal with tons of flavor, it's healthy and it's packed with veggies.

o
RE: Teen won't eat fruits/vegetables regularly

I asked my peditrician when DD had her physical today. He said they're vitamins.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here