Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jorge Cruise 8 Minutes in the Morning

Posted by KathyG7777 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 03 at 10:37

Has anyone ever heard or tried this system? I guess this guy became very popular after being on Oprah. Hey, if all you need to do is exercise 8 minutes in the morning for 6 days a week, I'm not going to kill myself with The Firm and the treadmill.....LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jorge Cruise 8 Minutes in the Morning

I went ahead and started this yesterday morning. Each day is 2 different exercises and you alternate 4 sets of 12 reps of each one. Yesterday was chest and back. Today was shoulders and abs. I'm loving this. You do it in the a.m. and I definitely sweat in 8 mins!

o

Triceps and biceps this morning. You definitely work the muscle to overload! I have a girl at work started on this too. You're supposed to lose 2 lbs of fat per week doing this. In case anyone is out there reading this, I'll keep posting each day and let you know my results.

o

I'm reading, Kathy! I'm interested in seeing what kind of results you get. 8 minutes a day sure sounds inviting!
Were you on any exercise program before you started the Jorge Cruise 8 Minutes in the Morning? Is it a tape or a book?

o

I just started on Monday so it's difficult to say what effect this program will have, but I can say so far it feels like it's doing something. I had just started The Firm tapes the week before and I actually skipped The Firm last night because I was sore from this 8 minute program! I feel like I got as much benefit from an 8 minute workout as I did from the 45 minute Firm tape. This morning was legs (squats) which wasn't as challenging because I do quite a bit of those with the Firm...so I am going to take the suggestion of adding weights. I'm down 4 lbs from Saturday which I can't really credit to one particular thing....I'm doing this, some Firm workouts, 20-30 mins walking on the treadmill about 4 days per week and incorporating some of the South Beach Diet philosophies into my diet (reducing white flour and sugar). All I know is every week I'm feeling stronger and healthier and my weight continues to go down...I've lost 15.2 lbs total so far.

o

That's great Kathy! Last night I read part of the Jorge Cruise 8 Minute book online. I found one website that even gave some of the exercises, so I may try them before I buy the book. I love to think that I can get by with 8 minutes!!! I still plan to do my walking too. I have found that when I start exercising, I start feeling so good and have so much energy that I want to do even more.

I would like to lose around 20-25 pounds and firm up.

Keep us informed and I'll add my comments when I get started.

o

MaryAnn, I don't have the book either. I did what you are doing....I printed out the exercises from his webpage. Same thing...if I find that this is going to be beneficial long term, I'll get the book. I figure if I stick with it 2 weeks, I'll get the book. As I understand the book has more exercises....I think I saw there were 60. There were 12 on his webpage. I heard about this theory from somewhere else and I can't think right now where from.....but, the idea is if you overload the muscle with enough weight to tire it within a very short period of time, you don't need to do all of these long workout programs. I only have 3 and 5 lb weights and I can tell already that for some of my stronger muscles (like biceps) I need to go up to 8 lbs.

o

Did The Firm-Ab Sculpt & 15 mins on treadmill last night. Calves & glutes this morning for my 8 Minutes in the A.M. Lost another .2 lb.....I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but it's a bad habit I can't break. It's TOM and I'm still losing something this week so that's great. That makes 4.2 lbs since Saturday.

o

Kathy, sounds like your really doing good. So, you don't have the book? I printed out the exercises off the web site. Haven't read the instructions yet, but I take it that you don't do all of them that are shown each day, right? I think this is something that I might incorporate along with my walking workout.
Keep us posted, ok. Why don't you come join us at the watp post. We just post each day on what we are doing,and it don't have to be the watp. Would love to have you join the group. Wanda

o

I'm impressed Kathy! I printed out 2 days worth of the exercises last night and hope to find time to print the rest this weekend. I plan to start them along with my WATP on Monday. Today I feel miserable! It's casual Friday at work and I'm wearing jeans that usually fit just perfect. Not today! My stomach feels all cramped up inside the jeans! I hate that feeling and have to do something about it!

o

I don't have the book yet, but am getting close to deciding to get it. You don't do all the exercises that he has on his website at one time. You do 2 each morning...each geared towards a different muscle, so at the end of the week you've worked everything. I can relate MaryAnn to the jeans issue! I carry most of my extra weight in my abdomen. Right now I'm wearing a snug Size 8 because of my stomach, but they have a tendency to bag in my butt, hips and thighs because I'm smaller there. If I can shrink my stomach down a couple of inches, I would be in a Sz 6. Most of my closet is Sz 4 so that's my goal.

o

Well, I just finished printing the rest of the sample exercises.
Kathy, do you set a timer and do the 8 minutes of the 2 exercises for that day?

I definitely have to get back to walking too! My legs just feel so weak! And my son want me to go boating and water skiing with him and his wife this Sunday! I'm afraid my legs will give out in a matter of minutes!!!

I'm also wearing a snug size 8 because of my stomach. Most of my pants are 8, with a few pairs of 6's. I can't remember ever wearing 4's!! I'll be happy to stay an 8 as long as I can get a flat stomach and toned legs.

o

I used a timer the first morning because I wanted to get a feel for whether I was doing them at the right pace or not. I finished in 7 mins so since then I'm paying close attention to making sure that I'm holding the contracted muscle for a second (like he says to) before going back to the starting position.

Well, I broke down and stopped at Target after work and bought the book. I also picked up a set of 8 lb weights because I only have 3 and 5. Right now I think the only muscle that can handle 8 lbs is biceps. I also want to dig out my ankle weights for a couple of the exercises.

o

My 8 minutes this morning was inner and outer thighs..I could really feel it. I started reading the book last night. Mr Cruise has an interesting background as a result of serious health issues that existed in his family. The first half of the book is his background, his education, what drove him to do what he's doing now and what his beliefs are on diet and exercise and being healthy & fit. The second half of the book is devoted to walking you through the first 28 days. So you have 4 weeks of exercises, but each day has a "tip" and another type of exercise as well. Some days it's just to journal (which he highly recommends doing daily), other days it's answering some personal questions about yourself, what your SPECIFIC goals are, identifying bad habits & what those habits have cost you, what you will gain when you become fit and lean, how you can inspire others, etc. Each day also starts off with an inspirational quote. He does recommend walking to exercise your heart and lungs. There's a section about eating, some menu examples and a few recipes and an "eating card" system (kind of like a Weight Watchers point system); he does also address emotional eating. The back of the book has a heavier weight paper section that has tear-out exercise cards to take with you if you travel. The first couple pages of the book were words of praise from Denise Austin, Kathy Smith, Tamilee Webb, Jack LaLanne, Anthony Robbins, the editor of Fit Magazine, Prevention Magazine....so he seems to be highly respected in his field. Well, I am off to do some yardwork in case we actually get the thunderstorms this afternoon that they are predicting!

o

Walked 25 mins last night. Today is an 'off' day for 8 Minutes, so I did a Denise Austin Abs tape and walked another 25 minutes. My abs workouts are always challenging because as soon as I lay on the floor on my back, my chihuahua puppy comes and sits on my stomach....LOL....guess she thinks it's a game!

o

Today was the official "Day 1" from the book. Did chest and back increasing the weights to 8 lbs...I bet I will be feeling it tonight! Won't have time to do treadmill until tonight...which is getting to be my usual pattern anyway. 8 Mins in the Morning and then walking in the evening. Hope everyone has a great Monday! :)

o

Kathy, do you feel that reading the book and doing more varied exercises are going to benefit you? Or would you have done just as well using the exercises that you printed out from the website?
I guess I'm wondering if it would benefit me to buy the book.

o

I do feel a benefit from having the book. Not all of the exercises from the webpage were challenging to me, so this gives me a better variety and I have definitely found some better exercises for certain body parts. Plus some of the other stuff in there gets you thinking about your patterns and why you eat when and how you do.

The eating/diet section was not that important to me because I'm trying to follow the South Beach Diet philosophies.

o

I need to know where I online I can find the exercises to print out

o

I would like to continue receiveing your daily excersise program that I somehow deleted. Please put me back on your E Mail list. Sincerely Nick Cardone "Nicholasphoen@aol.com"

o

Hi

Just found a copy of "8 Minutes in the Morning".
Is anyone still doing the program? What are your thoughts
about it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here