Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bariatric surgery

Posted by jeterway (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 14, 10 at 9:05

Anyone here a bariatric surgery patient? I had surgery just about a year ago and was wondering what diet and exercise routine you are following.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bariatric surgery

I had the lapband surgery April 21 of this year.I lost 32 lbs so far.I ride excersise bike 1 hr a day because of a fall years ago I had to stop walking.If you can walk.I loved it ,only thing you need is a good pair of sneakers I was told running shoes ,more support.It helps clear your mind ,you feel great when you home.I really miss it.How much have you lost so far?I should say Im also on dialysis,I need a kidney.

o

I had gastric bypass a little over a year ago. I walk on a treadmill 4 days a week and do some weight machines twice a week. Been really good about following the diet. But I have been on a stall for several months now. I am just about 100 pounds down. Seems like I got so happy to be at 100 that my body just said that is enough. Now that the cooler weather is here, perhaps I can get in an extra walk or two during the week.

o

Have either of you had bad side effects from the surgery....My BFF had surgery and she has a terrible time still. She can hardly eat anything without having diarrhea and all the stomach issues that go with it.........She has lost a lot of weight but her side effects are serious.

o

What type of surgery did she have? What types of compliccations? I have been lucky in that I had no complications. If I eat as directed, I have no issues with food. I have been able to eat everything that I want to continue to eat. That said, I stay away from sugary foods and high fat items. Another website that I frequent is obesityhelp.com. There are lots of forums there related to many topics ranging from types of surgery to diet and nutrition. I have gotten lots of information and help with this process from that site.

Here is a link that might be useful: bariatric site

o

i havent had any problems,My dr said scar tissue is building up around the sight.
They said everybodys different in what they can and cannot eat.I cant eat chickenand I love chicken.....
Now I had the lapband surgery Ive lost 30lbs so far.My dr said he hasnt restricted it yet.Over all it was easier than I expected.The classes were a pain but you do need them.

o

Thought I should explain something in first post I said I lost 32lbs in last one 30lbs reason is Im on dialysis I need a kidney,3xs a week I go.If your blood pressure drops too low the dr takes less fluid off hell raise your dry weight.He raised mine 2 kilos,which is 2.2 lbs each kilo/
Dry weight is what you weigh after dialysis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here