Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'The Firm' Tapes

Posted by Morningglorygal (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 03 at 22:44

Well I ordered these a few months back, and am sad to say they are still in the box. I have heard great things from them, but just can't get with it. I am also getting ready to restart the Adkins diet, which I have found that with type 2 diabetes and polycystic ovary syndrome, low carb is the way to go. I have been walking about 2 miles every day for the last 2 weeks and that does make me feel better plus my kids can do it with me. Has anyone had good result with the firm tapes?? Maybe a little inspiration will help..plus a good swift kick in the you know what. Is it best to do them everyday or alternate walking and the tapes. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Stacey/MGG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'The Firm' Tapes

Hi Stacey. I don't know much about the firm tapes, but my daughter has them, among all of the others that she has,lol. I will ask her what she thinks. She just ordered the Windsor Pilates tapes. I do all of the Walk away the Pounds tapes, which I love.
I am getting ready to start the South Beach Diet exercise as soon as I finish reading the book, which I just bought yesterday. Hopefully I will be ready to start on Monday, after the holiday weekend. It sounds like a good diet, alot like the Atkins, only I think it sounds healthier.
I wish you best of luck with all that you do. Wanda

o

Stacey, I did ask my daughter, and she has only one of the firm tapes. So, thats not much help to your question, and she does something different everyday. Sorry.
Why don't you post at the Walk away the Pounds#2 whenever you start your diet and exercise. Even though we are doing different diets and exercise, we can post our progress and keep each other motivated. Wanda

o

Hi Wanda,

Thanks for trying to help. I really want to get rid of about 50lbs. I just ordered the South Beach diet book, just to compare it with Atkins. I have such a hard time with the induction period. I do good for about the first four days and then I choke. I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I can do a low carb, I lost about 15lb recently just keeping my carbs under 100 a day but I really want to just lose more. I have heard good things about atkins and how fast you can lose. I know that fast isn't alway better, but a little incentive will help. I know I can do the low carb, I just have to make myself get through the 20 carb a day induction period. I am going to check out the South Beach. Is this the diet you are currently on? If so how long and have you had success. Hope I am not getting to personal. Thanks and talk to you soon.

Stacey/MGG

o

Stacey -
ANY decrease in calories and increase in exercise that you put into action is better than tapes in the box and a diet plan in your head.

If you have a hard time with Atkins induction period, skip it and go right to the second phase. You are using "If I can't do it perfectly I can't do it at all" as an excuse.

o

Hi Stacey. I just bought the SBD book. I am going to go on it, maybe in a week or so, but I want to read the book first. I have been reading alot about it , also, at the Prevention Site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Check It Out _SBD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here