Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excercise DVD Comparison

Posted by jwilliams057 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 12:42

I started a weight loss program a few months ago and I'm doing pretty good. I try to walk every day, but I do that outside. Right now it is soooo hot here (in TX) and it has been raining a lot and I've been thinking of investing in some DVD's so that I can excercise indoors. I would also like something that can add some toning to help the skin shrink and firm up the much neglected muscle underneath the fat!

I've been thinking about either Slim in 6 or The Firm. I would really like some advice from people have used both and can offer a comparison of the two. Based on their websites they are about the same price, so that is not an issue. I want something that is doable, but also works and will continue to work. I would also like to be able to take it with me if I go out of town.

Thanks for the help.

Jennifer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excercise DVD Comparison

Before I buy a video I like to try it if possible. The best way to do this is by renting it from your library. Most public libraries have exercise videos and dvds, most do not charge a fee to rent them (exercise videos are non-fiction, most libraries do not charge to rent non-fiction videos). If your library does not have any of the videos you are interested in, try going to this web site. They have short clips of the exercise videos that you can watch, much better than just getting someone else's opinion. Your idea of a good workout may not be the same as mine or someone else's. I usually go here before buying a video if my library does not have it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Collage Video

o

I'd say go with the one you think you like best, and you'll probably be fine. Then later you can pick up the other one also. I find I get bored with the same one over and over and enjoy a change.

Did you check ebay to see if you can get a better price?

Congrats on your wt. loss and keep up the good work.

o

I would say go with Slim in 6 over The Firm especially if you want to travel with it. The Firm uses much more equipment. Slim in 6 uses less space too. If you don't mind repetition the results might be better with Slim in 6 too, its very slimming & firming (no pun intended!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here