Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bike frame

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 31, 09 at 12:38

I bike on paved trails and my mtn bike is very uncomfortable. its a nice quality bike but the frame is too cramped for me. i want a hybrid/comfort bike and notice that all the bikes in a certain model share the same geometry but step up with better parts. crank, shifters, wheels. but in the end they all fit the same. i figure try a cheaper unit and if i really like it, i can always sell it in a short time and get most of my money back. i am cheap also. besides, a new bike is good for your mood.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bike frame

Oh yeah! Anything that keeps you rolling along.

Not sure about getting "most of my money back" though. No one will pay nearly full price for a used bike.

Do you buy from a bike shop? You said you are cheap, so maybe you buy from Walmart where no one can advise you. Maybe you should try a good bike shop and go for a medium priced bike which you probably will like since you had shopping help.

Just my 2 cents.

o

i have searched high and low for a (used)new style frame and nothing is out there. you walk into a bike shop and mention walmart and they laugh at you. i am pretty sure if i get a bike shop bike i could sell it with no trouble for pretty good money. or maybe buy a mid bike and keep it.

o

Well...don't say the word "Walmart" when you go in the bike shop! LOL!

Anyway, good luck on your search. It's so important to have a bike you are comfortable with--really enhances the pleasure of riding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here