Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happened to white corn meal?

Posted by donk4kyv (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 11:18

I love home made southern style corn bread, made with white corn meal, buttermilk, vegetable oil, a pinch of salt, baking soda and baking powder. No eggs, sugar or wheat flour added.

The best bread is made from pure, natural, stone-ground meal. Just ground up dried whole kernels of white corn. Nothing added and nothing taken away. I used to buy it at the local supermarket; the most popular brand was Bob's Red Mill, but there were others. It was plentiful in health food stores where it could usually be purchased in bulk.

A little under a year ago, I went to buy some more at the local supermarket and they were out of stock. I waited about a week, and they still didn't have it. After several visits, I concluded they no longer carried it in stock. The store employees didn't have a clue.

So I tried several other supermarkets, same thing. Next time I was in Nashville, I looked in several supermarkets and health food stores there. Zilch! Everyone seems to have plenty of yellow corn meal, but that doesn't produce the same texture of bread as white. Martha White "enriched" white corn meal is still available everywhere, but I want the real, plain, unaltered stuff.

Can anyone tell me why this product abruptly disappeared off the market everywhere, a little less than a year ago?

Don in TN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happened to white corn meal?

Don't know why the stores don't carry it, but you can buy it from the source: http://www.bobsredmill.com/white-cornmeal.html or from iHerb.com

o
RE: What happened to white corn meal?

I would also be sure it is marked GMO free. Genetically Modified Corn is prevalent in everything. It's cheap and makes those corporations even richer for buying it. May be harmful to humans. Might take five years until the "leaky guts" -- that are even showing up in very young -- are linked to the bt corn. The corn makes its own pesticide. Day and night. 24/7/365.

No known tests on humans. (Animals have shown problems, but for some reason it gets hushed).

The pesticide works by basically blowing up the stomachs of the caterpillers. Hmmmmm.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here