Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shin splints

Posted by cometfern (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 03 at 9:06

Recently I've taken to power walking. I was doing fine, but last night ouch!!!! I've got pain on the front of my leg between the knee and the foot. I'm thinking that it is shin splints. So does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to get over this?
THANKS!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shin splints

Rest. Ice. Aspirin.

It's an inflammation of the tendons from overuse.

Also make sur eyour shoes are adequately cushioned and avoid hard surfaces. Power walk on asphalt or grass, not concrete.

o

Yes, my step dancing teacher showed me one that did an amazing job of helping shin splints. It takes 2 people.

Throw your leg up on a table. Have someone gently push on your foot so that your shin area gets a good stretch. What a difference it makes.

o

as long as they don't tickle you. ;)

You can do the same kind of stretch on a wall too. Just wear shoes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here