Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to strengthen hands

Posted by Ginny_Ca (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 03 at 18:46

Do you know where I can find out about exercises to strengthen my hands? I have a hard time opening jars sometimes. I know it will get worse if I don't start doing something. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to strengthen hands

Ginny -
It's not just your hands ... it's everything from the waist up. You have to start with upper body strength in general (shoulders), and exercises for upper and lower arm strength.

o
RE: How to strengthen hands

Most exersizes for the hand involve squeezing something, a rubber ball, a pair of handles connected by a spring etc. You can find these gadgets in the sports supply stores.

But if it is just opening jars what I do is take a pointy spoon, slide it under the edge of the top and lift a little. ( lift in the direction that pulls the top away from the jar so air can escape ) This breaks the air seal and the jar opens easily. There are gadgets for opening jars at the cooking store as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here