Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
green tea for weight loss

Posted by cheesecurlgurl (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 7, 09 at 17:03

Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight? I need to lose about five pounds that has hung on for dear life for YEARS now. I started drinking green tea, two mugs a day,just because it's healthier than my regular tea. My BMI went from 28% to 25%. The funny thing is that I did nothing different.I still ate the same and still exercised daily. I lost two inches on my hips almost immediately.Has anyone else had results like these? It is just so weird. I just wish I could lose the belly fat. THAT didn't budge, of course! Well, it's only been a few weeks.I'll remain optimistic.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: green tea for weight loss

Green tea contains catechins which essentially raise your metabolism so that your body burns off more fat than it normally would. Green tea has properties in it that help soothe your body naturally, but it is also very relaxing to sip on a cup of warm or hot tea while watching nature or simply spending time in silence.

o

There are many other great reasons to drink green tea, aside from it's potential weight loss capabilities green tea helps reduce cholesterol, which can in turn reduce heart disease and lower blood pressure.

There are some quite studies into this, some of the results are indifferent, it's important to get the context of the studies before making any judgement as to whether it will work for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: A good quality review

o

Green tea is great to drink because it may have a metabolism boosting effect and has no calories (as long as you don't add milk, sugar or sweeteners to it). It's full of antioxidants too. Basically, don't rely on green tea to lose weight, but instead use it as a replacement to other non-healthy drinks (soda!). And remember, the best thing you can drink to lose weight is lots and lots of water!!

o

Wu-Yi Diet control tea comes highly recommended, it's organic and has added Garcinia Cambogia for appetite suppression. Belly fat is hard to lose, but that is purely down to diet, exercise will not get rid of it. just remember if you put in more than you burn off your weight will increase.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here