SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryanntx

strengthening and toning

maryanntx
21 years ago

I haven't exercised in over a year although I'm fairly active. I played several games of volleyball a couple of weeks ago and didn't get tired or winded so I guess I'm not in too bad of shape. lol

I am 53 years old and would like to lose 15 pounds, but that is not my main reason to exercise. I am taking a motorcycle safety class in a couple of weeks and would like to strenghten my leg and arm muscles. BF and I have a motorcycle and it weighs 650 pounds, so you have to be pretty strong to handle it. I also want to tighten my abs. I really don't have extra fat in that area but I do have loose muscles that if tightened would make me look slimmer. I'm not very self disciplined but I am going to try really hard. I live in a small town and don't have access to a fitness club. I plan to walk, do step exercises, and use my ab wheel.

Using those 3 applications, can someone in the know tell me what I should start out doing and how much to increase each week. Almost forgot...I also want to tone my upper arms so should I carry weights while walking or doing steps?

Thanks for any advise.

MaryAnn

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz