Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walk Away The Pounds #2

Posted by Wanda_Illinois (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 03 at 12:52

Hi everyone, we needed to start a new thread, so here I go.
I did the 2 mile walk with abs this morning. Didn't walk on saturday or sunday, so it was a little hard getting started again.
Wish that someone would join in here, whether you walk inside or out, or whatever you do for exercise. Feel free to jump right in. Wanda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walk Away The Pounds #2

Wanda -
My exercise at the moment is moving large slabs of rock around. But I admire your persistence with the walking.

Is it mkaing a difference in how you feel? (forget weight, are you sleeping better, breathing easier, less stressed out?)

o

Another 2mile walk with the abs tape.
Lazygardens, yes, I feel so much better after I do the tape, feel so energized, and feel better about myself that I have got up and moved, lol. I do alot around the house, and all the yard work, but that is not the same as exercising. I have asthma, have had it all my life, and exercise makes my breathing much easier, once I have worked my lungs.

o

Okay I have to admit, I hit that point where I just don't want to exercise. Didn't see results, etc. Feeling tired again, etc. I'm going on vacation next week, so won't be exercising then (unless you count all the painting I'll probably be doint at work-camp), but I WILL start up again when I get home!!!

Vickey-MN

o

Vickey, thats ok, remember how long it got me to get started, sometimes it just so easy to be tired and not feel like it. I know where your coming from. I was wondering if you had just left me here all by myself, lol. You have a nice vacation, relax and enjoy. I will be waiting for you to get back. Seems that no one else wants to join us here.
I did another 2 mile with abs today. Wanda

o

2 mile walk today. Wanda

o
RE: Walking

Hi from Iowa!
I have been walking almost every day since March of 2002 either outside, at the mall or on my treadmill. I usually only take a break from it if I'm ill or hurt. I usually walk 50-60 minutes about 6:00 in the morning and hurry home to shower before my daycare kids arrive at 7:30.
It has helped me in numerous ways. I have lost 125 lbs. since I started 3-2002. I feel like a different person now. I realize it didn't all happen because of the walking. I definitely have been dieting, too, but walking did help me to lose a lot of my weight in the lower half of my body.
Thanks for posting...it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there doing the walking thing.
...Brenda

o

Hi Brenda! Thanks for joining us. Wow, congratulations on all the weight you lost. Thats amazing. What kind of diet were you on? Thanks for joining us here. I live in the country and I used to walk alot, but then I started having a fear of walking down the roads by myself, so I stopped.
I wish that I had someone to walk with. There are ladies that walk early like you do, but I just can't seem to get moving that early. I think they start around 5:30. So, I do the tapes.
Well,yesterday was the fourth of july, and I didn't do any exercise or any dieting, lol. Wanda

o

I just wanted to say that I am still doing the watp tapes everyday and have been on the south beach diet since 7/7. I think this is going to be my last post. Its just no fun being here by myself.

o

Hi Wanda,

I was wondering where you went. I haven't gotten my book yet, I ordered it over a week and half ago. I have been doing Atkins and have lost around 8 lbs so far. I am really happy. I have heard that the SBD is even better than Atkins, so I am really looking forward to reading it. Good for you for continuing the tapes. I still haven't gotten the firm tapes out of the box. I will be in the next week though, I am really getting psyched up with the weight loss. If you would like to email back and forth feel free to drop me a line. I know we aren't doing the same diet but we both can give eachother support. Talk to you soon.

Stacey/MGG

o

Stacey, why don't you join Donna and I over at the diet board, under the south beach diet post, ok?
Can't wait for you to join us, I think you will like it.We can give each other moral support,ok?
Congratulations on the weight loss, thats great. I do hear that people loose alot on atkins, but it just don't seem like it is healthy from what I have read, thats why I have never went on it. You sound like me, about buying tapes and not opening them up, lol. I do that alot. Better get them out and use them, ok?

o

Hey Vickey_MN - you weren't by any chance at a workcamp in Ohio, were you? I went to a REACH workcamp there July 7-12 & got SO much exercise I was inspired to resume walking regularly on the treadmill again!

o

Okay Virginia, were you at REACH also? If so please E-mail me!!!

I have started exercising again, 1 mile yesterday and 1 mile today.

Vickey-MN

o

Do I get any points for still hanging around here? LOL
Wanda, please don't quit posting here!!!!
Vickey, it's good to see you again!
My tapes are sitting in their little box, but Tuesday is going to be my big day to get with the program again. If I don't would one of you come slap me!!! LOL

I have such fond memories of when I used to walk regularly. I had so much more energy then. I couldn't imagine life without walking. What happened? Why did I stop? I just want to recapture that feeling and share it with all of you.

o

I know I said I would start on Tuesday, but decided that I would go ahead and start the week off right. So here I am on Monday....I've already done the 1 mile walk. I got up at 5:30 am to walk even though I don't have to work today. I also weighed before I walked and I've really inched my way to way too many pounds!!! But today I'm starting to drink lots of water and eat healthier.

Please......you girls get back in this room and start your walking! LOL Don't make me come get you!

o

Hi MaryAnn, so glad to see ya! Guess you really were serious, lol. Good for you , up and walking at 5;30. I have been on the computer since 5;30 and drinking coffee. I didn't exercise yesterday, as I felt really bad. Don't know if its a bad cold or a sinus infection. Headache, sore throat,fever and achy. Maybe a lil better this morning.Going to work out this morning, though. I may only do the one mile since I feel bad. I know that when I skip a day, it makes it harder the next time.
Which tapes did you get? I have about 7 of her tapes now, 2 that I haven't even tried yet. I keep using the same one, the 2 mile abs. I really like that work out. I also like my original one,that I have had for about 3 years, its 2 miles, also.
My ab tapes came with a 3 mile walk,but I am just not ready for that one yet.
Ok, you have a good day, and again, I am so glad your getting into it. Wanda

o

Hi Wanda, sorry that you are feeling bad.
I have the WATP tapes for abs. That's all they had at
WalMart, but it's probably the one I need because most of my extra weight is in my stomach. And I hate that! I used to always have a flat stomach, but now that's where any weight goes. On the brighter side, that's where I lose it when I start watching what I eat. The tape set also has the 2 and 3 mile tapes.
Since today is my first day to exercise in so long, I did the 1 mile and didn't use the belt, but I plan to use it tomorrow. If my kids go to bed early tonight, I might even do another mile.

o

MaryAnn, don't be afraid to use the belt.I love it. I feel like it works out my upper body, which I need, also. Flabby arms. I never really ever had a flat stomach. My stomach was always my problem. I was on 98lbs when I got married, (39 yrs ago)and I never had a weight problem until about 5 years ago. Then the pounds came on little by little. I guess its middle age, combined with change of life, and medications, which I blame alot of it on. Anyway, I was always thin, but had a bulge in my middle. Never felt comfortable tucking in my shirts. The South Beach Diet says loose belly weight first, and everyone is saying that is true ,but not for me. I have lost the 7 lbs, and feel thiner, and I am down inches in my waist line, but still have my tummy. I hate doing crunches. I bought the exercise ball, which is suppose to be good for doing crunch on. It sits in my living room , where I can see it, but I hate to do it. Lol.
I am proud of you for getting started. Stay with me now. Wanda

o
more

Wanda, it sounds like your stomach bulge is not from fat, so maybe stomach exercises would help. I don't like crunches either, but I have heard that one of the best exercises for the stomach is using the ab wheel. They are less than $10 at WalMart. I bought one and put it and my step behind the hall door where I can see part of it while at the computer. It's been there for over a year and I haven't used it once!!! I really need someone to come over and motivate me!!!
I do plan to stick with the walking and I'm so glad you are here too. Now, where is Vickey?

o

I'm here, got lazy. Tomorrow DH and I start DIET and EXERCISE. Boy do I not look forward to that. Don't know why, probably becasue I'm sure I'll fail again. So look for me tomorrow cuz I'll have walked at least 1 mile.

Vickey-MN

o

Okay I've started again. 1 Mile today (I always start out easy and work my way up, that way I don't hurt myself giving me a "reason" to quit exercising).

Vickey-MN

o

Glad you're back on schedule, Vickey! I did my 1 mile this morning with the ab belt. I do feel good afterwards, but even with the air on and an additional fan blowing on me while doing the tape, my hair is still wet! I usually take a shower at night instead of the morning. I may have to change that.
I still have 1 hour before I have to be at work. My first day after vacation, and I'm not ready! I want more time off!!!

o

Hi everyone. Glad your back Vickey. How do you like using the belt,MaryAnn?
I did the 2 mile walk this morning, couldn't hardly do it, as I still feel kinda yucky. I didn't workout yesterday, just couldn't.
Talk to you guys later, Wanda

o
more....

Wanda, hope you get to feeling better soon! I had a cold with fever the week before vacation. I told myself that I HAD to be over the cold before we left town!!!! And it was gone. The power of positive thinking! LOL

I liked using the ab belt. I had used it before when I first got the tapes. I feel like it will help with the arm flab!

I think I will keep doing the 1 mile for the rest of the week and then try to increase to the 2 mile next week.

o

Wednesday morning...I walked 1 mile with the tape this morning. This is my 3rd day and I could feel a little soreness this morning. No pain, I could just feel that my muscles are getting a workout. Feels good!
Did anyone else walk this morning? Wanda, are you feeling better?

o

Hi everyone. I did the 2 mile ab walk this morning.
MaryAnn, thanks for asking, I am feeling about the same, not sure if its an allery or sinus infection. Should go to the doctor but... I just don't do that, lol. It was all I could do, to finish the 2 mile tape, but I made it. Leaving in the morning for an overnight trip with the grandkids. So, I won't be doing a workout tomorrow. Hopefully, I will do it when I return on Friday.
Hope everyone has a nice day.Hang in there, guys, Its worth it!

o

Okay I skipped the exercise yesterday, but we did 2 miles this AM. Diet is going good for day 2.

Vickey-MN

o

Hi Vickey! Glad you are back!
I did 1 mile ab walk this morning. My alarm goes off at 5am and I'm used to laying and dosing for 30 minutes. That was before I started walking. Now I have to get up when the alarm goes off. So far I haven't talked myself into staying in bed. LOL I think just knowing that I have to confess to you guys helps to keep me going. Besides....I'm looking forward to wearing some nice slinky clothes for the holidays. *SSSSS*

o

Good morning! I did the 1 mile ab walk this morning.
TGIF!!!

o

Skipped this AM, but will have to catch up tonight. Cheating and exercising everyother day will not do it for me, as every other becomes every third, every 4th, oh heck let's just skip it. And I don't want to stop!

Vickey-MN

o

Saturday morning - I'm skipping this morning. Jammer is home and we are leaving in a little while to go camping. I will probably do a little more walking than normal while there, plus swim in the river.

o

Goodmorning, everyone. I got home last evening, so I was too tired to work out.
I did real well with the eating out while gone. Stayed on my diet totally.
So, I am off to exercise, and then go out and water my flowers. Going to do the 2 mile walk ab workout.
MaryAnn, I hope that you have a great camping weekend, but you you better come straight back here when you get home, lol.

o

Hi! Where is everyone at? I did the 2 mile walk with the abs this morning. I think that I will get out my bodyflex tapes that I have had for a couple years, and start using them this week. I have never used them, but they are suppose to really work for the abs. Wanda

o

I did one mile on Sunday. Overslept this morning, so I will have to do a mile tonight. I have to work back up. Isn't it sad. I was consistantly doing two miles with a three mile thrown in from time to time, now I'm again at one mile. Okay part of that is that I'm tryign to stay with Hubby to keep him motivated, and he needs longer to adjust to different work-outs. BUT I am walking at least every other day, so that's better that not.

Vickey-MN

o

Hi Girls!
Got up this morning and did and 18 minuite BodyFlex workout. Then I did the Watp firm tape. Think that I will start alternating the firm tape with the ab tape, and do the bodyflex everyday. I didn't feel quite like I had a good workout, though, like I do when I do the walking aerobic tape. I usually feel really exhausted, but good afterwards. Well, I will see how it goes. They say that firming with weights burns fat,also, and that it is good to alternate workouts. Guess that I will give it a try this week.

o

We are back from our camping trip. I got much more of a workout than I expected while there. We swam in the river just below the dam, so there was a fairly strong current. We used innertubes most of the time and I would sit in one and use my arms to paddle against the current. When we got close to the dam we would let the current take us back to our starting point. Then we would do it again. I would then get in the tube and hold it with my arms and hands and let my legs do all the work. Great exercise!! Plus lots of fun!
We also did some walking while there too, so I feel like I didn't loose any ground with my exercise program.

Today's another matter.....I didn't feel well this morning so I called in sick at work. Didn't do my walk either. But tomorrow I have to get back with the program!

I also weighed today, hoping I had dropped a couple of pounds. Only pound! That's not what I wanted, but at least it's going down.

o

Good morning! I did my 1 mile ab walk this morning. I really need to try out the 2 miler, maybe tomorrow.

And it's back to work this morning. Vickey, Wanda.....where are you?

o

I'm here MaryAnn. 1 mile Abs this morning too. I forgot how much harder it was than the 1 mile with the weighted balls.

Weighed in yesterday. 1 week on diet, 2 pounds lost!

Vickey.

o

I'm here MaryAnn. Its early,lol. Haven't done anything yet, but sit on this computer since 5;30am drinking my coffee. I am getting ready to get off and start my workout, though. I will check back in later.Sounds like you had quite a workout on your camping trip.
Vickey, way to go! Congratulations.

o

Wow Vickey! 2 pounds is great!
I started out with the ab walk because those were the only tapes that my WalMart had, so I'm not familiar with the weighted balls.

I wish I could get myself in the habit of doing steps and using the ab wheel at night. I'm gonna try to remember tonight.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!

o
Hi Wanda!

Hi Wanda! Our posts criss-crossed!
If I started out the morning with computer and coffee I would have a hard time stopping for exercise! I have to do the tape first thing in the morning.

o

Ok girls, I just did the 2mile watp ab tape, and the 18 min. bodyflex. I did the firm tape yesterday, and I am so sore in my upper body, oooh, arms and back .
Ok, keep going girls, stay strong, We can do it!!

o

Wanda, tell me about the firm tapes, I've been watching the infomertial, but never buy from infomercial recommendation, I want real people recommendation. Is it working, could a FAT, uncoordinated person do it (and I put FAT in capitol letters for a reason).

Vickey-MN

o

Vickey, the tape that I have is Walk the Walk,(a christian inspired workout) Firm Walk. I got it at Target, but I only used it for the first time yesterday. It is done with hand weights and ankle weights, or without. Short walking warmup and the rest if all firming exercises. I am not sure that it would be a fat burning thing, but definetly toning, which we all need right. Although, as I said earlier, they say now, that working with weights burns as much as aerobics. I am not an expert on all this, so who knows. Vickey, you could definetly do it, as far as that concerned. I only used the small hand weights, and no ankle weights. Takes about 30 minuites. Like I said, it sure did something, because I am really sore, lol. I am really weak in my upper body, from doing no type of upper body workout.
She does toning for the whole body in this tape. I think I only paid about 10 dollars for it at target, so it is worth a try.

o

Wednesday, walked the 1 mile ab tape. I'm still trying to drink lots of water. I didn't do any other exercises because Jammer was home last night.

o

Thanks Wanda, I'll have to look for it at Target (I do remember seeing it). I did the one mile power walk this morning. It's getting easier to get up and walk. I just need to increase to two miles soon! I might get some more walking tapes (besides the firm) too, just to give me variety.

Vickey-MN

o

Hi Girls,up and at em early this morning. I know that you guys work and I usually play on here and workout later. Going shopping early this morning with my daughter, so I worked out early. I did the one mile ab walk, and the 18 min bodyflex.
MaryAnn, good luck on getting the water down, that is my problem, I am not a water drinking, but I have been trying to carry a bottle around with me all the time.
Vickey, I like having a variety of tapes, also. I have the dvd of the Walk express, which I haven't even used yet. :( Ok , you girls have a great day. Wanda

o

Thanks Wanda....rub it in! LOL I don't wanna work! I wanna play!!
Okay, I feel better now. LOL

I keep 3 bottles of water in the fridge at work. It partially freezes them, so they are icy and good. I love water, but I'm just not used to drinking that much. But I am working on it.

o

Hey girls, guess what I bought today? A belly dancing exercise tape, lol! My daughter bought one ,too. She said it is listed as the editors pick in the collage video catalog.
Can't you just see a 56 year old lady doing bellydancing? But,it might be a good work out for your hips,waist and abs, don't ya think?

o

It sounds like fun, Wanda. I wish I was loose enough to make those moves. If the tape makes you more flexible and loose, let us know. I'll buy one too!

o

I over slept this morning, so there was no time for watp. And I have to leave right after work for a club meeting out of town, so won't get home till late. Looks like I will miss today!

o

I didn't walk this morning...we bought a Pilates CRUNCH tape, so I did that instead. It was hard, I don't feel sore (today, let's see how I feel this morning). I don't know if I'm up to continuing it, the moves are not easy for a FAT person! (DD wants to do them, so I figured what the heck, might as well get them)

Vickey-MN

o

Okay girls, you should have been here. Talk about funny. What a HOOT!! Have you heard about the bodyflex tapes being funny, well, you haven't seen nothing yet until....... you see a 56 year old,overweight grandmother doing a bellydancing tape. LOL
Anyway, I tried doing the 30 min bellydancing tape,must have done somethng because I was sweaty and tired when finished. I also did the 18 minuite bodyflex. Yesterday I also bought a 30 min. workout for the exercise ball. Going to check that out later.
Talk to you girls later, have a great day, Wanda

o

Wanda, hey at least you're brave enough to try. I'm afraid if the belly starts jiggling, the house will rattle!!!

Vickey-MN

o

LOL

o

Picture this.....
ok, up early this am, did the bodyflex and the 2 mile watp for abs(by far, still my favorite).
Hope you guys have a great friday, and don't stop exercising over the weekend, ok. Wanda

o

Did it again! Overslept! The other day when Jammer was here I reset my alarm for an earlier time, and I have forgotten to change it back. So it wakes me up early and I go back to sleep thinking I'll wake up at the right time. Nooo....I barely wake up in time to get ready for work!

Tomorrow I don't work, so I'll wait till my kids are gone and then I'll do my walk. No excuses.

Wanda, keep us informed with the belly dancing. I'm really interested. Actually, I'd love to take classes. I'm afraid I wouldn't keep up with doing the tape.

o

Okay I bought the walk firm tape (Hubby is going to kill me as this is the third exercise tape we've bought this week. Daughter wanted a couple Pilate's tapes so I got them for her!)

Vickey-MN

Oops I did do 1 mile abs this morning. Tomorrow I think I'll do the walkfirm tape!

o

Hey girls, where are you all at? I did exercise this morning, I just didn't get to post here. I did the 2mile walk for abs.
I went to Historic St.Genenvie,Mo. today with my daughter and her mil, who is also my best friend. They had a craft fair that covers the whole town. So, I got in plenty of walking there, also.
Vickey, have you done the walk firm tape yet? Let me know how you like it, ok? I think, you still need to incorporate an aerobic along with it for fat burning. What I did when I did the walk firm, is I did the 1mile walk along with it. If you have the time.

o

I'm here! I didn't walk the tape today, but I did buy a hoola hoop! Now I need the belly dancing tape and! LOL

o

I did the two miles for abs today. First time in a long time, and I sure feel it.

Wanda I haven't done the other tape yet. I have a hectic week this week at work, so don't know if I'll get to it until the weekend. But I'm still walking.

Vickey-MN

o

Up way too early this morning for work, but I still did the 1 mile abs. Dh and I weigh in tonight, and I may get brave and measure to see if I've lost inches. Wish me luck.

Vickey-MN

o

Okay, I was lazy yesterday. I didn't exercise at all,actually,I didn't do anything all day but lounge.
So, I am going to make up for it this am,just thought I would let you girls know. I will post later. Wanda

o

Alright,I'm back! I did the 2 mile ab walk and the bodyflex. I am going to do the new tape that I bought for the exercise ball later.
Where are you guys all at?
MaryAnn, I have a hoola hoop, also. Its in the garage, I keep forgetting about it. A really good workout for the waist and hips, huh?

o

Today was weigh-in and...I lost 6 pounds. I know that is way too much to lose in one week, but I even cheated. I think a lot of it was water weight as it is TOM.

Vickey-MN

o

Congratulations,Vickey, way to go!!

o

I did the 2 mile original watp tape. I haven't done that one for months, it was a good workout. Also, did the bodyflex, and the ball workout. If anyone has a ball, this tape is a good one. I have bought several and didn't like them. This one is by Karen Voight, B.L.T.(butt,legs,tummy)If you have never used the ball, it takes some getting used to it. I look like a rolly polly, a little unbalanced,lol. Ok guys, have a great day, Wanda.

o

I did the two mile tape (with balls). I had been using 2 pound hand weights (DH uses the balls - boy does that sound bad, but you know what I mean), but used 3 pound weights this morning, much more of a work-out. I think I'll add ankle weights when I do the one mile, but try to stick to the two mile tapes more and more now, working up to the three mile. I have to add firming tapes more often also. It does feel good to exercise in the morning, gives me energy for the day. Maybe I'll add firming at night.

Vickey-MN

o

Sure,Vickey, we know what you mean, lol! I only did the bodyflex this morning. Had to leave early and I really hate not doing the watp. I will try to fit it in later tonight, hopefully.
Ok, where's MaryAnn? She's hiding from us. I have seen her posting elsewhere,lol. Did you get the new haircut?

o

Okay Wanda and MaryAnn, wanna do something fun...go to the original postings about WATP. Look at how it took Wanda forever to join us, now she is the motivator! MaryAnn too was reluctant. We've come a long way

Vickey-MN

o

We sure have! I bet you guys thought I was a big talker back then, saying how "someday" I was going to join you. Lol

o

I'm slipping in here.............no hair cut yet. I've been slacking with my exercise this week. I'm going to get back with the program though. This getting up at 5 am to exercise is not working too well for me. I think I'm going to try it in the evenings to see if it works better in my schedule.

o

2 mile abs this morning. No firming tapes done yet, gotta fit that in.

Vickey-MN

o

I did 3 workout tapes this am, feeling energetic. 2 mile abs, bodyflex, and a 10 ab workout/denise austin.
Ok, maryann, we aren't going to let you go, so better work it in somehow, lol!
Good going Vickey!Its great that you and hubby work out together,wish my hubby would with me.

o

Goodmorning everyone! I did the 1mile ab walk, bodyflex and 10 min. ab workout. Ok, off to go shopping, will pop back in later today. Hope that everyone is having a great friday.

o

Hi everyone. Have you all deserted me? I did the 2mile walk this am and the bodyflex. I took a day off yesterday to be lazy. Wanda

o

I was lazy (and a pig) this weekend. But I walked 1 mile this morning, and back on the diet!

Vickey-MN

o

Hi! I have been posting under 8 Minutes in the Morning. Saturday I did my 8 Mins and walked 25 mins. Yesterday is the "off" day for 8 Mins, so I walked another 25 mins and did a Denise Austin Abs tape. This morning I did 8 Mins with my new 8 lb weights....chest & back. Will walk again this evening after work. My eating, on the other hand, was not so great this weekend....okay, let's be honest, it was terrible!! Gave in to every craving I had...Egg McMuffin for Sat breakfast, Taco Bell for a late lunch and Sunday munched on peanut M&M's! This morning I weighed the same as Saturday morning so at least the workouts prevented any permanent damage. Back on track today! :)

o

Kathy,
glad you joined us. I've been watching your other posts, keep us informed how the 8 minutes in the morning goes!

Vickey-MN

o

Hi guys, just popping in,I haven't worked out yet today, as I had the grandkids. They just left and now I have to take my bird to have her clipped. Hopefully, I am going to work out this evening.
Kathy, I am so glad that you came over here and joined us. I have been reading your posts everyday, also. I printed out the 8 min. workout, and may give it a try, along with my walking.

o

Good morning everyone! Walked for only 20 mins last night...was really tired. Up this morning & did my 8 Mins -Shoulders & Abs....could only handle 5 lbs for the shoulders. Off to eat my Uncle Sam cereal.......everyone have a great day! :)

o

Did the Firming tape Wanda, it felt good, I don't feel sore (But I'm willing to bet I won't be saying that tomorrow). I think I should alternate firming and aerobics (finding time to do both will be hard, but maybe some days I will).

Vickey-MN

o

Goodmorning everyone.
Well, I was lazy yesterday. Had the grandkids and we just layed around and watched movies. We are having a heat wave here, so it was too hot to go outside and do anything. I never did exercise. I am going to this am right after I get done playing on here. Will post later.
Vickey, glad that you like the firming tape. I think alternating is a good idea.
Kathy, have you felt sore yet from doing the 8 minuite workout? I just discovered the Uncle Sam cereal, never heard of it before. It is the suggested cereal for the sbd.
I really like it and could eat more that allowed,lol. Some on the sbd board, can't stomach it, but I love the crunch.
MaryAnn, if you check in here, I just wanted to say how sorry I am about Jammer's brother. That is so sad. ((((MaryAnn and Jammmer))))

o

Thanks Wanda. Yes, I'm still checking in, but haven't done any exercising this week. I hope to be able to start either Friday or Saturday with the walking and the 8 minutes in the morning.

I'm so glad that you are all sticking with the program! It helps to motivate me.

o

Yes, I have been sore from some of the 8 Mins exercises...it depends on which muscles are being worked. I'm stronger in some areas than others. That's why I went and bought heavier weights. I'm definitely already feeling soreness in my shoulders from this morning!

I'm not crazy about the Uncle Sam cereal, but it's growing on me. A woman I work with puts it in her "fat free,no sugar added" yogurt with some fruit...I'll have to try that. She loves it. She also tried the pancake recipe in the SBD book and said it was great....I bought the ingredients but haven't made it yet.

o

So much for walking tonight....I started watching the Shania concert on TV and 2 hours later....it's done and so am I and ready to call it a night!

o

Did my 8 Mins this morning - Triceps & Biceps. Felt good with the heavier weights. Need to run, have a big day at work today! My son starts Junior High next week and Parent Orientation is tonight. Hopefully, I will be able to sneak some walking in, especially after skipping it last night. Everyone have a great day!

o

Didn't walk this morning, had Granddaughter over. Am hoping to walk tonight (if it's not too hot to move)

Vickey-MN

o

Hi everyone. Girls, I have been so bad. I didn't exercise monday or tuesday. I am so ashamed.
Vickey, I know what you mean about having the granddaughter over. When I had mine on monday, I just couldn't take the time to work out.
Kathy, you are doing so great. You are so motivated,keep up the good work.
I did work out this morning. I did the 2mile ab walk, and the bodyflex. I plan to try to fit in the firm tape later.
You guys have a great day. Wanda

o

Okay I didn't walk yesterday, but I did a new tape this morning...Walk Away the Pounds Express...Walk Strong. 2 miles plus some firming. It was a nice change. But I couldn't tell if the sweat was from the exercise or from the heat here!

Vickey-MN

o

I skipped walking last night and was in bed by 8:15 and didn't do my 8 Mins this morning. My head/stomach are not feeling well...don't know if it's a bug or the heat/humidity here. I'll see what tonight brings.

o

I haven't done anything this week, as far as exercise goes. But my desire to exercise is getting greater every day! Today we were at Jammer's family ranch and the kids were doing chins on a bar there. I had the strongest desire to try to do one. Of course I wouldn't embarass myself like that! LOL But I'm feeling the need to work my muscles.

o

Hi! I did it again today, didn't exercise. Now I am too tired. Gotta get back in the groove.
Kathy, sorry to hear your feeling bad. Hope its not the flu.
MaryAnn, hurry back.
Vicki, I was going to do the firming tape today, too. But I just got lazy. Did you every get any answers on exercising with or without shoes? Wanda

o

Did the 1 mile power walk this morning..at4:00 no less (I had to be in to work early). Did it barefooted. The responses I got mainly said that it's no big deal weather you wear shoes or not, so I've decided to NOT for now.

Wish I could stick to my diet more, so I doubt I've lost anything this week, probably gained!

Vickey-MN

o

Ok,I did the 2 mile ab walk this morning, a few stomach crunches, and I did the first set of the 8 min. workout. Off to run errands, see you guys later, Wanda

o

I felt better last night so I did my 8 Mins that I should have done yesterday morning-quadriceps & hamstrings. This morning I did 8 Mins - calves and glutes....ouch!

Going to try and walk tonight especially since the weather isn't so hot & humid today.

o

Firming tape this morning, I'll probably feel it tomorrow.

Vickey-MN

o

Did 8 Mins - Inner & Outer Thighs this morning. I'm beginning to notice some real definition in my arms and legs. Still too much fat covering those toned muscles in my abs....LOL Have to go get my haircut, but am going to go walking when I return. The weather is beautiful in Chicago today....want to get out and enjoy before the rain returns on Monday! Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

o

Goodmorning everyone. Just finished the 2mile ab walk and a few ab crunches. Kathy, I am going to start the 8 min. workout tomorrow morning. I did it once this week but didn't stick with it. I have been lazy with week, starting tomorrow morning,I plan to get with the program.

o

I'm with you, Wanda! Tomorrow morning. I plan to do the 8 minutes in the morning and then do the WATP after work. I love to walk outdoors, just wish I had someone to walk with. I will probably alternate the WATP with walks at the track. (There is sure to be someone there to walk with) Our track goes around the football field and there is an exercise I do on the bleachers for my abs. It works those muscles like no other exercise I've ever done! I used to walk one mile around the track, then do my ab exercises and some steps (18"ers) on the bleachers, then do 4 or 5 more miles on the track. I felt wonderful!!! I had to stop doing the steps because my legs were getting too muscular. I had so much energy that I couldn't hold still. I sure wish I could get back in that condition again.

I hope this coming week is a great week for everyone!

o

MaryAnn,I wish that I had someone to walk with too. You come on over here and we'll walk together. I live in a rural area and I don't like walking down the long country roads by myself. Never know what might happen. Wish I had a dog. It sounds like you used to do a very vigorous workout. What ab workout did you do on the bleaches, can you do it on a coffee table, lol. See ya tomorrow, don't forget now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here