Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
body mass

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 10:42

male. 25yrs old. 215lbs. 14% body fat. lift weights 4 times week. not much cardio. do bike a lot though in summer. went on 6 week extreme diet. got down to 190lbs. looked ok i thought. did not check BF. over the next 6 months i went back to regular weight. am 215 again. i think most of weight loss was water. some fat, some muscle. i think a super fast diet is misleading. not really true fat loss. does my theory sound right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: body mass

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Extreme diets only work on a temporary basis and can even jeopardize your health. Eating complex carbs, veggies, fruit, and beans, nuts, fish, etc. for protein is the way to lose weight. No sugar, not even the artificial kind, no white bread, rice, or potatoes,lots of water, limit processed foods, and no fried foods.

You did not say how tall you are. If you are 5'5" 190 pounds is still too heavy.

You need to balance the weights with cardio and a healthy diet. Also, your muscles need to rest - usually 40+ hours after lifting weights. Either do it every other day or do upper body one day and lower body the next.

Good luck!

o
RE: body mass

i am 6-1. have 53" shoulders. 49" chest. 34" waist. i rarely do leg work. since my upper body is big, i can get away with having a soft middle. i have a hard time staying away from carbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here