Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Specific exercises for osteoporosis

Posted by mollie_booklover (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 24, 06 at 8:40

Recently diagnosed with "severe" osteoporosis. I think much due to chemo a few years ago.
Anyone know good exercises and those to avoid? I know lifting weights and walking are good. Anything else? TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Specific exercises for osteoporosis

I would think...key word is "think" that core exercises would be great to strengthen your body...things like pilates and yoga. Did you search Google using that term...

o

Would you be able to visit a physical therapist for advice on the best exercises for you? Weight bearing exercise is usually the most helpful, but to get specific exercises for yourself to help build bone and not hurt yourself would best come from a professional.

o

Weight-bearing exercise is the best for osteoporosis. There are a couple books you can pick up on Amazon.com. I think one is called "Exercises for Osteoporosis."

Here is a link that might be useful: Osteoporosis Information

o

Yoga is supposed to be excellent for this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here