SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arc_gw

Bun & Thigh Rocker - too good to be true?

arc
22 years ago

I'm interested in Jake's Bun & Thigh Rocker so I wanted to know what users thought. I ran a search on this site but I was a little leary of the results. Honestly, they sounded like advertisements!

The product looks like it should be effective and I'm still comtemplating buying one but...it's not cheap and I like to hear from people who are satisfied and dissatisfied.

I'm not a super-speptical person but it was a little overkill. Or maybe I'm being silly.

How to seperate the true testimonials from the ringers?

Comments (48)

• chibulls23_md_prestige_net
    22 years ago

I got the Bun and Thigh machine for mother's day, I love it.
    I use it everyday (12 minute routine one day/3 minute the next) and I can tell my legs and buns are firming up. You do need to be careful though cause at first you don't think it's working but you really feel it the next day.

Good Luck

• jkc-1_webtv_net
    22 years ago

I totally agree with Mary,I got my b/t/r in middle of Feb.+used it daily till bike season hit.It has really strengthened my legs+toned my butt.I'm a former couch potato and I really see the results.They have one now for by weider for 99.00 + you get a ab doer with it.Have fun with it!Kathy

• Related Discussions

Looking for some Adirondack Rockers - Help?

Q

Comments (5)
    The poly furniture is lightweight, which makes them easier to move and store when you have to, but also makes them more flimsy and uncomfortable - heavy furniture is always more comfortable. It also gets dirty easily but is much harder to clean. "The real thing" is always nicer, in my opinion, for authenticity, as well as for other reasons. Wood is cleaned naturally by weather. Problem is, it's difficult to find well-made authentic anything nowadays, and when you do, it tends to cost a fortune. If you get the authentic wood chairs, make sure you know what kind of wood was used to make it, and what kind of hardware (you want stainless steel and/or galvanized, to handle weather). I think if I were looking for such chairs, I'd contact some well-respected woodsmiths and ask them if they could refer me to a place that makes very good Adirondack chairs, even contact "This Old House" and see if you get an answer from them. Obviously check out the Adirondacks themselves, as there are probably genuine makers there.
    ...See More

Rachelellen, check out my buns! (Chinese steamed, that is)

Q

Comments (18)
    Guess what happened? I went over to a friend's house the other day to help her hang a mirror and I noticed that she had the old, Time Life series, "Foods of the World" cookbooks. My mother had those books when I was a kid, and I started thumbing through a few of them, reminiscing. I found the pictorial instructions on how to shape the flower buns that I first learned from! I know the text can't be read, so I'll type it up: 1. For each roll, pair two sliced rounds of dough, standing one on the other. 2. Push down firmly on each pair with a chopstick or blunt edge of a knife to press the rounds together. 3. Pinch both ends of the rounds together and pull them slightly away from one another. 4. Draw the ends of the rounds backward around the main part of the roll until they meet behind it. 5. Pinch the ends firmly together with your thumb and forefinger to secure them and keep the roll in shape. 6. Stand the roll pinched side down. It will look like a flower with teh oiled layers separated into petals. That cookbook series was probably one of the main factors in firing me with a desire to explore, try, and learn to cook the foods of other cultures. The recipes were fairly authentic, a good variety was provided in every book, and they were filled with details about the countries, the peoples, and the cultures. Also plenty of color pictures of the food, the people and the scenery.
    ...See More

Front porch rocking chairs and swings?

Q

Comments (32)
    That's good idea to consider a vinyl or poly product. I love the look of wood but probably wouldn't be so good about regular maintenance to keep them looking nice. Laughable - ouch re the bentwood rockers! I'll keep that in mind while shopping :) amck - beautiful water view! I don't think I'd ever want to leave your porch. I'm more of a water girl myself, originally coming from the gulf coast, but we had to sacrifice being close to a lake in order to get the amount of acreage the family would like for horses (DD) and privacy/outbuildings (DH). I'll be very happy with the view of our pastures and pond, but think I would be just as thrilled to live on a postage stamp size lot if I had an ocean view or a beautiful lake view like yours! Allison - acreage and a lake view? Sounds like heaven! Love your porch furniture - I could imagine spending all day on the swing bed :) Yours has always been my favorite GW home too. I'm so torn between decorating our new place in the warm, European cottage style similar to your home, which I love and is closer to the warm, rustic tones of our current home, or instead going towards the more crisp farmhouse style with the brighter whites, soapstone, and painted furniture, which might be more suited to our TN farmhouse with its white painted brick and black shutters. Maybe I'll find a way to harmoniously blend the two styles :)
    ...See More

Smoked chicken thigh help

Q

Comments (17)
    It really depends on the smoker/grill. And method. Mine is a wood fired side box smoker and doubles as a grill. I use those thick foil pans that are re-cycled since I line with foil, then parchment. Start the fire nice and hot, good coals, about 350-400 and braise near but not on the heat, then let it fall to 175-200º low and slow for another hour sometimes two. Adding soaked fruitwood slices and dry splits to keep the temp steady. Braise bone-in skinless thighs, meat side pressed in a bowl of my dry rub. Placed dry-rubbed side up over a bed of herbs and sliced onions/garlic. No added liquid. The braising liquid makes a nice sauce. A half hour on the grill grates out of the braising is enough to add some grill to the braising under sides. The top is nice and smoky but not too much. Total cooking is 3-4 hours. I did test some stuffed boneless thighs on the smoker but way too much prep and not necessary as the smoked bone-in thighs are so good on their own with a good dry rub.
    ...See More
  • tinagirl38_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

I'm with you guys...Got mine about a month ago, and love it. I am pretty much a pear shape, small on the top and larger in the hips.

I tried tons of things to attempt to get my posterior and my hips in shape, but it always seemed like you had to be in shape to get in shape with other products that I got.

This one has been fun and giving me results since the first day.

I haven't lost tons of weight yet, but I've lost 2 and a half inches around my hips since I've started, and have gone down one pant size.

I told my friend about it and she opted to go with the cheaper copycat machine, but I would definitely reccommend to go with the Jake Version. I feel much more secure on it, then on hers. When I tried hers, I felt like I was going to tip backwards, and wanted to get off of it right away, but with the B/t/r, I've enjoyed the stability, and the fluidity of the movement.

But yes, the reason these sound like commercials is because it really works, and folks are really happy with it.
    ~Tina

• tonlyn74_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

I'm also interested in this machine. I had reconstructive knee surgery a couple years ago, and it has made it difficult for me to do squats, lunges or anything where my body weight is directly over my knee. After my surgery, my physical therapist told me I should stick to doing squats at an incline to minimize the pressure on my knee. Problem being that only gyms have these type machines. And all the home gyms that give you that option are too large. So now, there's the Bun and Thigh Rocker. I would like to try it, but I'm just wondering if it will put any stress on my knee, or will it be just like inclined squats? I'm not a heavy person. 5'5" 125lbs. But, I have flabby legs and butt...and I HATE IT!!

• leopardchick27_netscape_net
    22 years ago

hey kathy! can you give me a URL address for this weider your talking about please. a btr for only $99 with an abrocker too sounds great!! thanx.

• jkc-1_webtv_net
    22 years ago

Hi Ryan--don't know the url address but these items are out in the stores already.Sports Authority have them+ probably other stores also.Since they are in the stores this also gives you the opportunity to try them out before buying.Hope this helps!

• lrpcsu_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

Tonya, I also have had knee blowout and also disc repair. Have had no problem with undue pressure on knees or back, however, have been using just the 25 lb band. I found it easier on above if the foot board is a little on the lower side, and hold back and head flat against backboard thing, rather than raising head to be able to watch tv at same time. Anybody else out there have suggestions for foot placement? Specifically for thighs?
    An aside, a physical therapist I worked with had me doing squats with the aid of a large inflatable ball. You held the ball at your back against the wall, and went up and down like that, the ball helping provide some lateral support. If you don't have much room at all, this might be something to try. I think the btr is easier on the knees though than the ball.

• tonlyn74_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

Thanks Laura! I broke down and ordered a BTR from wonderfulbuys.com but due to the large demand for it, they are on back order. They expect to receive more at the end of the month, so I'm trying to wait patiently!!! I'm so excited!!

• tvanoli_aol_com
    22 years ago

Hi!
    I'm thinking of buying one too! My MAIN problem is they look sooooo big! I'm not sure where I would put it! Is it hard to fold and put away????

I recently lost 15lbs. and feel great except ALWAYS have the flabby thighs...especially right on top where they connect to your body!!!! So annoying!! I walk 4 miles/4 times a week, but need to do some muscle toning and am thinking about this machine, but am worried about the space it will take up.

Any suggestions??

Cathy :-)

• determined
    22 years ago

I ordered my BTR from HSN.com for $189.90. Comes complete with cardio kit and 10-day rockaway plan. HSN is having an anniversay special this month and the shipping and handling is only 24 cents. Comes with full 30-day money back guarantee. And you have the option to pay all in one payment or in 3 payments (my choice).

I didn't have to pay any sales tax (Calif) for my on-line order so my total was $190.14 and I received it in 4 days though they say to allow 14 days for delivery.

I've had it now for a little over a week and I have noticed a difference in how my legs look and feel. I will continue to use it regularly.

• caminer_evcom_net
    22 years ago

Hi all... well, I ordered this today from HSN... total price --> 201.55. I hope it arrives as quickly as some of yours have! Was it hard to set up? I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Thanks for all of the great input on the BTR!

Catherine

• leopardchick27_netscape_net
    22 years ago

i posted this before, but i'll ask again and see if I get a response here. I'm reading these reviews you all gave on the BTR and it sounds pretty good. I am 15 and pretty skinny, but i was wondering if this would work to add muscle and help me gain muscle mass and weight for me. Also, does it work on abs? I use the ab roller and I just have great top abs, doesn't really work on lower abs where most people want it. any info or advice you could give me please email me!! thanx a bunch.

• tonlyn74_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

whatever you do, don't order it from wonderfulbuys.com !! I ordered mine over a month a go, and it's still on back order. They told me they were getting a shipment on July 30th....and would notify me. I haven't heard a word from them. I'm getting very frustrated. I'm trying to wait patiently, because I got a very good price with them. I'm almost willing to pay more to get it faster though!!! ARGHH!!

• caminer_evcom_net
    22 years ago

Tonya, I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble getting your BTR. I ordered my first one through them and went through the same scenario. I cancelled that order. I placed an order through Home Shopping Network, and had it in 5 days. So far so far so good... I am surprised at how low to the ground that it is. Mine came with the upper body work part, which I just hooked up last night. I've only been using it a week now, but I like it because it doesn't require lots of time to get results (from what I hear.. not sure for me yet) and it's not a huge piece of equipment to have in my room.

• jeaneng_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

I noticed in the other thread that buying from the hsn, their btr came with the upper body shape up bands too. I'm close to buying one but wonder if anyone who's recently ordered from hsn had the arm bands included too?!?! Any input would be helpful! I was comparing prices and saw it cheapest at infomercialshowcase.com for $199 and free shipping. But if hsn includes the arm bands then they are still better priced than anywhere else. Thanks.

Jean

Here is a link that might be useful: here's the direct link to the btr at infomercialshowcase.com

• tamic
    22 years ago

Hi!

I ordered my b/t/r from hsn in April and have used it 5 days a week since. I do 15 minutes with the cardio and then add the 25 lb band to the 10 lb cardio and do the leg exercises. I just love it and my legs have never looked better! I have always been on the thinner side but when I had some family and friends over a few months after getting the b/t/r they all said how great my legs looked and what have I been doing. Oh, my total price from hsn was $214 I believe and it did come with the upper body bands which will cost you $50 more if you include the shipping from the infomercial! So, I do think hsn has the best deal. Good luck!

Tami

• jeaneng_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

Thank Tami for your input!! I placed my order at HSN for the btr, I hope it gets here quick!! I can't wait to work out on it. I went to sports authority and tried out the mock version and it did feel somewhat flimsy as someone else had mentioned and because the seat was attached to the back piece the entire time, I couldn't get a good squeeze for my butt when I was extended straight. I am sooo excited about this piece of equiptment, I have so many that collects dust and I'm running out of corners to store them...hahaha. Anyway, I really liked trying the mock version at the store and I would suggest anyone who is interested in buying one to try it out and see if they like the concept of the machine. I sure wish all these infomercial products would be at the stores for us to try out first, it'd save a lot of money and wasted time.

Can't wait to have killer legs and buns!!!

Jean

• tamic
    22 years ago

You're welcome Jean! I'm glad I could help. I find that the higher weight works the front of my thighs really good/ With the higher resistance you use slower motion and extend your legs more. I use the cardio bands for 15 minutes with quicker motions staying much lower and not going up so high. This motion seems to really work my butt and back of my thighs! I also switch my feet position during the cardio. Sometimes they are parallel, sometimes I turn them outward with heals together, and sometimes I put them parallel but squeeze my knees a little together. This really seems to work good. Good luck to you :)!!

Tami

• jeaneng_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

More great advice!! Thanks again Tami :) One thing I want to ask is whether it creates a longer leaner tone look rather than a bulky muscular look? Have you had any ab benefits from using the btr?

Jean

• shil77777_aol_com
    22 years ago

I've had my Body by Jake Bun & Thigh Rocker for close to three months now. I was originally sold after visiting with my best friend who had used it to gain shape in her thighs. I couldn't believe her results! Although I have not lost weight, I have continued to watch my legs and butt firm up. My goal was to get more shapely legs and eliminate cellulite. I've lost those jigglies and most importantly, have shaped up my inner thighs! My butt is also firm and high. One unexpected benefit is that my back feels stronger and actually adjusts without a trip to the chiropractor!

• tamic
    22 years ago

Hi again Jean!

Glad to give you more helpful advice :)! I do think it gives the longer/leaner look. My legs have not "bulked" up at all, instead I see the muscle definition. I myself do not need to lose actual weight, I just use it to stay fit and keep my butt looking really good and my thighs nice. I am 5'3 and weigh 106-110. I have always been thin and people have always said I had a nice body, but it was after using this that some of my family/friends really said hey, you looked great before but now you look even better! So, it really does work. And I was worried about muscular look too since I think my legs could bulk up fairly easy, but it hasnt happened with this. About my abs, if you move in a certain way I can feel my lower abs streching. I can't remember now exactly what way that is but I'll try to figure it out next time I do the b/t/r... probably Monday since I take the weekend off. I did notice a strech though, not in the normal movements, but like when you were done doing the normal routine, if you moved a certain way to work more of your abs. I thought it was cool because it was the lower part where I would need it most, especially since I have had a c-section with my 4 year old daughter! Well, I tend to go on and on so I better cut this here. Oh, I also have an Orbitrek which I love and do in addition to my b/t/r. Have a great weekend :)!

Tami

• jeaneng_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

Suzyb...thanks for the input! That's great that your butt's firmed up. Gravity has taken it's toll on my butt along with sitting on this desk chair, I can't wait to use this machine!

Tami!! You're so great with all your advice and input! You obviously love this machine, your enthusiasm shows! I too own an orbitrek and use it for cardio. I ordered the btr from hsn on the 8th and have been trying to track my order, I'm just alittle anxious :P It's still in "awaiting shipping confirmation" status...patience isn't my strong suit! hahaha I was checking out that new ab machine on the infomercials, "Ab Away Pro" but I can't seem to find too much review on it. I guess I'm on a major fitness kick these days, I've been somersizing to lose some weight and fix my system. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions! You're awesome :)

Jean

ahhh...the btr infomercial is on right now! Gotta go watch it again :)

• jeaneng_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

I can't wait til it gets here!!! I was checking out the thread for the ab away pro and I'm not sure why I missed the info before but someone posted that QVC had the ab away pro at a good price. I checked it out and it was at a great price with quick shipping too so I ordered it! I must've seen the infomercial with tamilee webb about 20 times now hahahha...another piece of equipment, let's hope it is as great as they say it is!! I love online shopping and infomercials!!! I'm addicted :)

Jean

• smptwin_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

I just got mine the other day in the mail. I haven't really started using it yet but I tried it for a little bit. It did't really seem to target my buttocks that much though! Any suggestions??

• tamic
    22 years ago

Hi Steph,

I have found a great way for the BTR to work your butt muscles. I know the slower movemements with the higher resistance works your thighs really good but I didnt feel it much on my butt either. I found that when I use the lighter cardio bands though I REALLY work my butt muscles. What I do is 10 minutes of quick faster lower movements with the cardio bands. I concentrate on staying low and my butt almost hits the seat. You don't extend your legs much when you go back up, just stay low. I vary my feet position from paralell to heals together with feet faacing outward to paralell but sqeezing knees together. Just move your feet as you feel is best. Anyway, this really works! I had been doing butt exercises on my hands and knees everyday for over 6 months and when I did this I was still very sore right in my butt so I know that is what it is working. Plus you can just feel it. So, I hope this has been helpful! Any other questions please ask. Good luck :)!

Tami

• smptwin_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

Thanks Tami! I just started doing the BTR today for 30 minutes. I really did feel it in my thighs. I think I will try the cardio bands for 10 minutes and then the regular bands with the cardio bands for 20 minutes. What kind of resistance do you use? Right now I put the 25 and the blue bands on.

One more question. I am actually very young.....only 16. Do you think the BTR will give me results with my still in sports??!

-Steph

• tamic
    22 years ago

Hi again Steph,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner but I havent been on the computer much the week since my 4 year old daughter just started Kindergarten!!

Anyway, I think the BTR may help with sports just by giving your legs more strength. Because you're 16 shouldnt matter, I am 27 myself and in pretty good shape. I do like you, the blue bands for 10 minutes and then I add on the black bands for the resistance. I havent timed my resistance ones but it really isnt for as long as you seem to do it. I first do my feet parallel for 4 sets of 20. Then I do the heals together feet faacing out for 4 sets of 20 each. Then I twist my feet to the right for 4 sets of 20 and then to the left for 4 sets of 20. Then I do 1 more set of 20 with my feet parallel and then keep my legs extended to work out my calves by pushing my feet on my toes. Then that's it! It really doesnt take too long though. I used to do the cardo bands for 30 minutes! But that was too long. Now I do the Orbitrek for more cardio and just 10 minutes to really work out my butt. Good luck to you though and have a great Holiday weekend!! :)

Tami

• izodman_aol_com
    22 years ago

You can buy a bun & thigh Rocker at IQVC.COM for $65.28+$13.97 s&h item#f27881.good luck

• escholes_aol_com
    22 years ago

Let me point out that the Rock and Tone that QVC is selling is not the Body by Jake Bun and Thigh Rocker. The one offered on QVC looks like the "copycat" version I tried out at Sports Authority. I would not recommend that piece of equipment. I tested it in the store and it is very flimsy and cheaply made.

Just didn't want anyone to order the QVC one thinking it was the original Bun and Thigh Rocker.

--Elaine

• jkc-1_webtv_net
    22 years ago

Either QVC or HSN has one by Denise Austin for $78.00 didn't look bad at all.

• Flowers
    22 years ago

Hi all

I am thinking of getting one the from HSN, I hope it works!
    trying to get ready for next summer! For people that already have one did you have pain in your knees while using it?
    Thanks
    Flowers...

• jkc-1_webtv_net
    22 years ago

Hi Flowers, While out shopping I noticed that Dick's sporting goods store has the Body By Jake Bun+Thight rocker in for $189.00,I didn't check to see if it had the upper body workout kit in it. No I haven't had any knee problems from using the b/t/r+I've had mine since the end of Feb. Kathy

• Peanut_agl_com
    22 years ago

i got the B&TR, I loved it, but it hurt my back, seemed like from the back-pad pressing into my lower spine, I had to return it.

• jkc-1_webtv_net
    22 years ago

Sorry to hear that Peanut,I also have a touchy back--no disc problems but pulled liagaments+muscles--but haven't had any problems with the back using the b/t/r. Kathy

• freeda
    22 years ago

Hi everyone ... just wanted to let you know that you can also get a great deal on the B&TR on Ebay. Although some folks have paid as much as $160+, others have won in the $120 and less range. Shipping averages around $30. I also have a bad back but so far the back board and ability to flatten my back against it by grabbing the handles while I work out seems to help a lot. I've only had it a week and I've gotten a good "burn" in the top of my thighs, but still not feeling much in the back of my legs. Any suggestions? I really like doing the squats with my toes up off the board. I appreciate all your posts w/workout tips. Thanks!!

• tonlyn74
    22 years ago

To get good burn in the back of your legs....keep low when doing the extensions. In other words, don't fully extend your legs. Just do quick short extensions. That's when I feel it more in my butt and back of thighs. Also, while doing that, keep your feet parallel, but bring your knees together so they touch. At any time while your using the machine, if you will kinda pull your stomach in and tilt your pelvis like your during a pelvic thrust....that seems to help me feel in more in my back end. That also will help with the back pain some of you might be having. I once had a fractured vertabrae in my lower back and occasionally have some pain from it. But when I tilt my pelvis, and get my lower back off of the pad a little...I find that helps. And I also get a better work out cause I find that I'm pushing more with my legs instead of with my whole body. If you read all the material and watch the video that comes with it, there is really a lot of good info in there. My all time favorite position is the slalom (sp?). That's where you put both feet together at an angle facing to the right...and then to the left...and do sets of extensions. Doing that REALLY works the outer thigh and butt. Anyway, I just love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything! Oh, and for whoever wanted to know if there is any knee pain...there isn't!! I've had reconstructive knee surgery and was ordered by my doctor not to do any type of exercise that would be harmful to the knees...and this isn't. I am not able to do regular squats and lunges because of the strain on the knees. But with this machine..your entire body weight is not directly over your knees...and because of the design of the machine...your really can't overextend and hurt your knees that way. So I would recommend it to anyone concerned about knee pain, cause there really shouldn't be any. Hope this helped someone!!

Tonya :)

• jeaneng_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

I'm back and I am here to report that I LOVE my bun & thigh rocker!!! My legs have definately toned up big time! I was using it about 5 times a week and can go through all the workout positions including the arm band workouts too within 15 minutes. With each day, I can see the difference in my legs, muscle definition in places that normally didn't show it...it's really made my legs look sexier.

Last night I went for a brisk walk with a friend and could tell that my legs were stronger, she had trouble keeping up and I wasn't even tired after the first mile!!! My butt looks better, my thighs are tighter, and my calves really look more define, especially in high heels :)

Keep at it, it will work for you too!!! I highly recommend it and it is by far the best piece of equipment I've ever bought! Very sturdy and easy to use.

Jean

• smptwin_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

Hi,

It's Steph again. I was just wondering when you all worked out on the BTR. in the morning or evening or night or when??? thanks! :)

-Steph

• josigirl_chorus_net
    22 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a video to work out with for this machine?

• barbara0806
    22 years ago

I have a question for the correct positioning of the machine. I am 5 feet 1 inch and want to make sure that I have the setup correctly for my height. The reason of my concern is that I feel it more in my upper front thighs then I do in the butt- where I was hoping to feel it more. I am not sure:
    a) at what angle should the foot rest be (perhaps which ball pin position)?
    b) about how many inches (noted as the inner frame in the directions) are between the foot ball pin and the pop pin (knob on side which adjusts the length)
    b) where should my tail bone be when performing the exercise (should it be touching the back)?
    thanks,

• shib_iglide_com
    22 years ago

Does it help the abs? Did anyone lose inches?

• zimm2020_home_com
    22 years ago

I found this exact thing at our local Fred Meyers for $149.00! Check around the stores before you buy it off the net and pay those outrageous shipping charges. I'm going to get one when I get to 130ish. Its the deal I made with my husband, he just kind of rolled his eyes when I said I wanted one, so I struck this deal with him. I'm at 142 right now, so in 12 pounds, I'm gettin' one of these babys! I have the lovely pear shape, so I'm hoping this will tone me up right nicely!!!

• tamic
    22 years ago

Hi,

Last week at Costco I saw the BTR selling for $138! Cheaper than I paid for mine although I dont think there's comes with the arm attachments, I'll have to check next time.

Tami

• freeda
    22 years ago

Hi Barbara,
    I've had similar concerns about position and feeling it in the butt. I'm taller, 5'6", but 1st of all, I keep the foot plate angled at the middle position. I've played around with the other adjustment and at one point tried bringing the foot plate in closer to the seat, but it did not feel quite right. When I'm sitting on the seat with my feet on the plate, it's not real tight, like you're crunched up in a ball, but ... picture a clock, with your butt in the middle of the dial, your back angled at about 10 o'clock, and the top of your knees at about 2 o'clock (I hope this makes sense) - that's my positioning. ANYWAY, about the butt thing ... I've tried lots of different techniques and I have to say I don't feel any of them in my butt like I do on the top of my thighs or the inner thighs (with your feet like a frog), BUT strangely enough, as I walk around during the day, my butt feels much more toned. If this is gain without pain, I'll take it! It did take about 4 weeks or so, at about 4-5x per week to start feeling something in the butt, but it's definitely tighter.
    I can't get over how well this machine works! Nothing I've ever done has toned my legs this thoroughly and quickly and (a long time ago) I did a lot of weight training.
    I do play around with a couple of sets of short, low reps and I like to do the frog position, feet & knees angled out, with both my feet flat and then a few sets with my toes up. Re the tailbone, I prefer to keep myself a little higher on the back board - I have a long history of lower back spasms, so I try real hard to keep my back flat and not arching, and keeping myself higher on the back board helps.
    Hope this helps a little - good luck!

• smileyvmi_aol_com
    22 years ago

From my time in the gym I would say you actually need to move your feet up toward the top of the foot platform. This gives your body a different angle of approach to attack the hamstrings and glut area. You may need to reduce the weight since this will reduce the stronger quad muscle from working so much. Hope this helps

Jeff

• barbara0806
    22 years ago

thanks freeda and Jeff:
    I will give your suggestions I tried. Much appreciated.

• weed30 St. Louis
    20 years ago

Sooo....is anyone still using their BTR? How are your results?

• grice
    12 years ago

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how this folds up for 'easy storage'???
    I bought one second hand a little over two years ago.I've just decided to pull it out&start using.It works great!I'm just so tired of lugging it in and out of the front hall closet to my bedroom(that's a workout in itself). I watched the old infomercial on Youtube but can't seem to figure out how this thing folds.
    Anyone know?

Sponsored