Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's Your Favorite Exercise??

Posted by Pam_SewsAlot (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 05 at 21:36

Hi Everyone!

I've been working out everyday. I walk, ride my bike, and work out to tapes. I think my favorite is the walking. It just puts me in a good mood to get out of the house and kick it up to a good brisk pace.

My DIL likes to bike most of all. We like to keep changing activities so we can always look forward to the next exercise.

What's your favorite?? Do you switch exercises often or basically stay with the same one? Maybe if we could post our favorites we could get some ideas for new ones.

Pam.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's Your Favorite Exercise??

Well...obviously it's not exercising to post on this board! GEEEZZZZZZ! Is no one interested anymore???

o

Okay, I'm new. I have an assortment of favorites. I love gardening, if you want to call that an exercise. I also enjoy hiking and climbing. Climbing can be anything from a steep trail to technical rope climbing. Not sure why I like it, but I like to go up. Also, the return is so nice since you can get your breath back going down hill. I can almost enjoy biking, but I don't like the actual physicals moves required.
--Kris

o

Well, I have to say, I love working out at the gym. The machines,plus, dumb bells, bar bells, and the elliptical trainers!

Unfortunately this forum is very slow!!

Maybe it's because everyone is too busy working out! LOL!

o

I find that since I have joined two step classes and one ballet/dance workout, that I tend to workout harder and longer then if left on my own. It motivates me to work out at least three times a week.

o

Well, I like to walk, but I mostly enjoy strolling along, talking with a friend.

I don't really consider exercise fun - it's just necessary work. I used to love tennis and hiking, but my knees and feet are too bad to do these nowadays.

o

Pam
Which tape do you like?
I cannot tolerate some of the new ones, the strip tease and the fighting guy, that's too much for me.
I would like to get some new ones, but right now, I work out to 1988 Denise Austin and 1989 Kathy Smith.
Kathy is better for cardio, but Denise is just so sweet and encouraging! She is always soooo proud of me!!
When I bought these, my knees were not an issue, but I cannot do a lunge, now!
Sissy

o

I like doing step videos for cardio and lifting weights in my basement for toning. I have a huge collection of exercise videos, all different levels, and really like Gilad, Karen Voigt, Carrie Anderson, cathe friedrich just to mention a few.
I have an exercise bike and ride that in the evenings sometimes, but really have a lot more fun learning different step videos.

o

I love Jazzercise! Cool music, cool moves, and if you find the right class with a good instructor and friendly classmates, it makes exercising feel like lunch with the girls!

o

For me it's Yoga, Qi Gong, and teaching a ballet class - each once a week, with a little streching at home.

o

Walking, because I take different routes and see all different sights.

o

Walking because my golden retrievers love it & we do 3 miles a day.

o

Walking and Pilates!

Sheryl

o

I have recently discovered how much I enjoy walking with my dogs. I'm diligently trying to take these 1 hour walks, 4 days a week. My record hasn't been too shabby over the past 5 weeks.

o

Seems to be lot's of walkers out there. I love doing the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone when it's nasty ourside. During nice weather, I have a route that I walk in our small community. It never fails though, I start out alone, but by the time I finish my laps, quite a few other ladies will join in. Some pushing a stroller, some walking their dog, I think everyone looks forward to our time out-and-about. We always have a good time on our walks.

Pam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here