SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbb_gw

Mannatech Products

barbb
20 years ago

I have been approached by a friend who is using and selling products from a company called Mannatech. These are, I'm assuming, food supplement products and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience either pro or con with these products.

Thanks so much for any help you can give,

BarbB

Comment (1)

• lazy_gardens
    20 years ago

It's a MLM scheme, and to make any money, you have to recruit distributors, which is why your "friend" is approaching you to become one too.

The president is a long-time scammer: "Sam Caster, Mannatech's president, has been under the regulatory gun before. In 1991, he was investigated by the State of Texas, and agreed to stop selling a device called the "Electracat," to stop making claims unsupported by scientific evidence about any product, and to pay $125,000 in investigative costs. This occurred two years after Caster was accused of deceiving consumers over an energy-saving product."

The products themselves are of dubious quality:
    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Mannatech/evans.html
    "While Mannatech says it has an eight-member scientific team, its monthly magazine recently said there are no double-blind, placebo-controlled studies of the type used by drug companies establishing that its products work."

RUN VERY FAST AS FAR AS YOU CAN TO GET AWAY FROM THIS ONE.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mannatech MLM info

Sponsored