Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stretchmarks

Posted by
Lynn
(solitary_stargazer99@yahoo.om) on
Sun, May 6, 01 at 8:49

Anyone found a product to eliminate stretchmarks? Mine are mainly on my stomach and formed when I was pregnant (28 years ago!). They're white, most are not too deep...just look ugly. I've been looking at a system (www.stretchmarks.com) but would like to hear from someone who's had success with getting rid of stretchmarks. Thanks for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stretchmarks

I too am looking for something to help with stetchmarks!! If anyone has any suggestions they would be well appreciated!!

o

I tried the stuff at www.stretchmarks.com although I didn't use it for as long as they suggested, I got no results. Plus, they delivered it in a box that very clearly read "Stretchmark cream" which was highly embarassing. Plus, the blue plastic coating on the tube rubbed off everywhere. Needless to say I wasn't very happy with this since I ended up paying $35 for the stuff. The truth is that although you can't completely erase the damn things you can minimize their appearance by keeping your skin well hydrated (drink plenty of H20)and keep the area well moisturized with cocoa butter, Vitamin E or wheatgerm oil. One herbalist told me that applying lavendar essential oil on the marks will improve their appearance because lavendar helps to regenerate skin cells. I'm willing to give it a try!

o

My sister tried a seaweed soap she got as a free gift from Avon and she reduced/elimated most of her stretch marks. They were six years old by this time. She has recently had another child and is going to try this again. Good Luck!

o

mother's friend..and cocoa butter help.

o

After I had my 2nd child I received a flier in the mail for a product called Barmon Stretch Mark Cream. It takes a little while to work, but it does work. It's not guaranteed to get rid of your stretchmarks (if they are severe enough like mine anyway), but they have made mine noticeably lighter. I have marks on my stomach, hips, behind the knees and armpits. Although a little pricy ($20 a jar), the company offers a refund for up to 3 jars with no time limit. Once the marks lighten, they don't come back. The secret is that there is lanolin that helps get the Vitamin D into the skin. The cream is a little funky...mine has dried to what look like little wax pieces, but it rubs in nicely. Only thing i don't really like is that it doesn't rub in all the way so you have a little oily layer on your skin. If you want to check it out, the website is www.barmon.com

Good luck to all of you.

o

Rebecca, I would bet that the cream had little to do with the lightening. Stretch marks lighten on their own with time. Mine are a shimmery silvery skin-tone, and I have used nothing special on them.

o

Becky M,

I don't think that is true in my case. I have the same stretch marks from my first child and they haven't lightened a bit in 3 years until I started using this cream. But I appreciate the response.

Rebecca

o

I think it used to be a prescription,but now it's over the counter.It's called Mederma. it's for scars,strech marks.... My mom works for a dermotoligist and gave me tons of samples of it. I'm using it ,but it says to use for 3-6 months before seeing results.

o

Sharon, any results from your cream? I'm very interested.

o

I posted this message earlier on (same one)

No amount of creams or lotions will make them disappear! Though it will make your skin feel soft.
Try starting a resistance training program to increase you muscle mass and lower your bodyfat %. As the muscle grows, your skin will tighten and make your stretchmarks seem to disappear. I've had three children and have stretchmarks on my belly, back of thighs, breasts and buttocks.
Resistance training is making them seem much less noticeable as everything tightens. (smooth skin without noticeable lines)

And don't worry about looking muscular. If anything you will get nothing but a lean and toned look to you!

Susie

o

is there any surgery orlaser skin care thing you can do for them? I'm only 18 and don't want to be stuck for life!

o

I believe the same laser procedure that removes tattoos will remove stretch marks. I'm sure it's painful, but might be worth it. Check with your dermatologist.

o

Hi my name is Natalie......I'm 13 years old and i have stretch marks all over my behind if u have any products or advice to give me it would be gr8ly appreciated!
Sincerely
Natalie NsNatalie631@hotmail.com

o

hello,

i was a 13 year old with the same problem and i was super skinny. i'm 35 now and still have them and am still super skinny. if they would disappear i could love my body. i never had access to help or got any advice. i hope you find an answer before it is too late. i know how it can bring you down. good luck

o

My OB says that nothing works other than laser surgery.

o

Hey I'm a 17 year old guy who weight lifts. Check out JimiGel, it really worked for me (had 3-4 stretchmarks going down my shoulder on both shoulders). I think the site is
www.jimigel.com

Good Luck

o

I saw somebody posted using a creme above, I am using a creme now and it's been working great! I did try Barmons, Emu Oil, Vitamin A without any response.

Anybody mind sharing if they have found products that do work? I'm 36 and have had marks since I was 12 or so. Thanks!

o

Cutting Gel or Dermalin APg will help that.

fatburnersdirect.com

o
Instead of spending big bucks...

on Cutting Gel or any of these expensive creams, just buy a tube of Preparation H. Yep, that's right, Preparation H, the yellow tube of...you know what it's for!

Because that little tube which costs MUCH LESS than I'm willing to bet most of the products names above do has the EXACT SAME ACTIVE INGREDIENT. I know Cutting Gel does.

I've been using Prep H for years off and on to help reduce swelling under my eyes. All you have to do is get over the hemmorhoid connection and just apply it to your stretch marks. Although I've never used it for that purpose, I'd be willing to bet that you'd see a difference after a while and WAY CHEAPER too!

o

I don't think Prep H would work for the marks, however, thanks for the info. I have been using a creme that works great from www.stretchmark.com , I was just wondering what others were using.

I heard Dermalin falsely advertises for what it does. Those kinds of treatments utilizing pills and liquids scare me! :) Thanks again for the input!

o

Bar-Mon cream seems to be working for me too and I've only been using for a couple of weeks. It is pricey though and it's very thick and oily so it will not absorb into the skin directly. I will continue to use it awhile longer and then probably quit.

o

Well when i first got pregnant i used COCOA BUTTER thru the owe thing and when i had my son i cannt say they are completely gone but u better believe i love my stomach form just having a 9lbs 8 oz boy andf i was little and i still us it and it works on my hips. I just have little one but i dont think u can ever get rid of stretch marks, but u can lighten them so try some real cocoa butter ....

o

I tried Barmon but didn't find it helpful. I also thought the consistency was waxy and smelly! I tried Emu Oil and others.

I have stretchmarks that are 25 years old. (I'm 36) I got them from growth spurt and then as an adult with pregnancy. My son is now 13 and my marks are starting to disappear! On my lower ab and breasts and upper arms. The improvement is wonderful! The creme, Striae from Regentrol Labs is no more expensive than Barmon and is backed by US Patent and clinical study. I researched this product extensively as I was tired of trying products that just didn't work. I found them at www.stretchmark.com. Good luck with the Barmons and Cocoa Butter. Shaketa, there is hope to eliminate marks, not just lighten them. You may want to consider checking that product out. Thanks! :)

o

I used to have moderate stretch marks and they were UGLY. I first had to use a microderm cloth (or you could use a cream) then I used SMT stretch mark therapy cream from http://www.beautyenvy.citymaker.com/smtstretchmarktherapy.html worked really well, but wasn't overnight. It took about 4 weeks before I saw big changes.

o

im 13 years old and i just started getting stretch marks i started noticing them 2 days ago and i didn't know what they were till they turned white and I'm not sure if its usual for my age to get them i have them on my legs on the side is it because im getting taller?? im around 5"5 so will you help me out!!

o

Irritated from stretch marks?? Wanna know......how to get rid of stretch marks and interested in stretch marks removal products? Check out the link :-

Here is a link that might be useful: Stretch Marks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here