Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Waist has disappeared

Posted by Linda_IA (mylindy@iowatelecom.net) on
Wed, May 5, 04 at 1:40

I'm a 55 year old female. Very little exercise, due to severe headaches. My waist and hips have become one. What can I do to reduce some of the inches from my waist? I really don't need to, or want to lose any inches from my arms or legs. It's all around my middle. Any help you can give me on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waist has disappeared

Unfortunately, the waist often thickens during the menopause years and stays when they're over. From what I've seen, exercise and moderate eating are the only things that can stave off some of the change. As you seem to already eat moderately, exercise will probably be the only way to keep your waist.

It's not all about looks, either. Women who are "apples", are more prone to heart disease, diabetes, and breat cancer than those who are "pears".

Good luck. I've been suffering all week with the after-effects of a terrible migraine, so I have some idea how you're feeling. I didn't go to the gym all week.

o

Thank you very much. Oh, does my heart ever go out to you. I've had migraines for years, as did my Dad. Best of luck to you in your battle with them.

o

have either of you gotten into the new harvard medical study into the use of psylocibin in the treatment of migraines and cluster headaches?

I've been migraine and seizure free for 9 years now, and credit organic treatments that up until now have gotten totally ignored by the medical world (though it was a neurologist who first pointed me in the right direction)

as to the waistline...

pilates and biking whenever you can.

pilates you can do on your living room rug...

and when you bike, stand on those pedals.

even the guy at the state fair underguesses my weight by a good 30 pounds- no one believes I weigh more than my husband. and a lot of it IS my waistline- since I still have one.

o

Can you name a specific pilates video Chinacat?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here