Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Exercise Journal - APRIL

Posted by KathyG7777 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 1, 04 at 21:37

Almost forgot to start off the new thread for the new month! LOL

I was up early and walked before I started the rest of my day. I liked the way that felt rather than working out at night after work, but not sure if I can get up that early every day.

All you lurkers check in!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Exercise Journal - APRIL

First lurker checking in, lol!
I was going to start this week off right,walking, exercising and the right diet, but... dh had an accident at work on monday, broke his ankle in 3 places. He had surgery and was in the hospital for 3 days. Came home on Wednesday, and we are not having fun yet, lol! No sleep for either of us, and its run,run,run for me.:( Well, thats one way to get a workout, anyway. I am sure it will get better as each day goes on. So, for now, walking is on hold.
Next Lurker.......

o

Hi, I'm a new lurker. I walked 3 miles yesterday and today. I'm a diabetic heart patient among other ailments. Just got back into walking after having a serious infection of one of my toes. They thought it was going to have to be amputated, but it's healed now and I can finally get a "real" shoe on! I love walking!

Dee

o

Hi Dee! Welcome to the post! So glad that you joined us.
Gee, you put us all to shame here, that you are walking 3 miles and with a bad toe. Wow!
The weather is starting to get nice here in Illinois, and I am really in the mood to walk. I am going to walk in the morning. I live in the country so I have lots of roads to walk down. Wanda

o

Good morning everyone!

Wanda - How is your husband doing? Hope he's feeling better!

Welcome Dee! Yes, Wanda is correct...you are putting us to shame...LOL

Wonder what happened to MaryAnn? And Vickey????

I have decided I must REALLY try to get up and walk in the a.m. before work. I've done that for the past 3 days (walking before I eat breakfast) and I've lost 3 lbs!! Yippee!!!!!!! :)

o

Hi Girls!
First of all, Congratulations on your weight loss,Kathy!.
I walked two miles today with my granddaughter. She spent the night and I told her that I wanted to walk today if it was nice. Well, it was, but I tried to get out of it and she wouldn't let me. She is 11. Glad that she didn't. I felt so much better afterwards. It is suppose to be in the 50 and 60's this week. I sure hope I can continue to walk. When it gets too hot, then I like to do my walk away the pounds tape inside.
Thanks for asking about dh, Kathy. He is doing ok. Each day is getting a little better as far as pain and manuvering hisself around the house. I have to get everything for him though, as he can't carry anything with crutches. Maybe I can get him a backpack, huh? Lol! He is a little depressed, I told him that he sure has a long way to go yet! Bummer!
Ok, see ya guys tomorrow, Wanda

o

Good morning everyone! I put in many miles over the weekend, but they were all done on a motorcycle! We rode to Big Bend for the weekend with other club members and many guests.
Now I need to get some serious exercise in.

o

Welcome back MaryAnn! Now where the heck did Vickey go to?? LOL

I walked again this morning before work, then did arms w/weights and abs after work. Felt good but I can tell I'm going to be a little sore tomorrow!

o

Just a quick check in: Arms & abs a bit sore, but today is an "off" day so I should feel better tomorrow.

o

Why do you guys always make me feel guilty? I'm back. I've been having problems with Migraines lately (one lasted almost a month), which was making it hard to exercise. I am out of that cycle, and started again on Monday. Did 1 power mile, yesterday I did the weight-watchers light exercise tape (though it was more than light for me!!), and today I did firming. I really want to get back into it. I like walking to tapes, when I walk outside my feet hurt, no matter what shoes I use.

I saw Mary Ann posted on another post about 2 mile WATP tapes and mentioned she put hers up for auction on E-bay.

Vickey-MN

o

Welcome back Vickey! Sorry...didn't mean to make you feel guilty. :(

This morning is 1 week since I switched to walking in the a.m. before work & before I eat breakfast, so Thursday will now be my weigh-in day. (It was Monday's but what was I thinking? Weighing in after the weekend when I'm most likely to eat unhealthily??? LOL) Anyway, I lost 4.2 lbs this past week.....yeah!!! Talk about motivating when the alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m.!

o

I got in a 2 mile walk this morning.

Boy can I tell I did a firming tape yesterday, stomach muscles are sore!

Vickey-MN

o

Welcome Back, Vickey! LOL! I didn't walk yesterday, had to take dh for a ride , he needed to get out! We drove all the backroads and I took lots of pictures of flowers, trees and old barns. Does getting in and out of my truck count for exercise? This is going to be a very long 3 months, :(

o

Didn't feel good when I woke up this morning so put off my walk until after work tonight. Have a very busy day tomorrow plus soccer season starts, so will be up early and try to fit the walk in before the day begins!

Good night!

o

Walked Saturday morning and managed to walk Sunday morning before the Easter festivities began. Today I am off work so I walked, did an abs tape and an arms tape.

Hope everyone had a good Easter holiday!!

o

Hi,

I would like to join you all. I haven't been on this forum a lot but am finally thinking of starting on some regular diet/exercise plan. I will have some free time two days a week when a friend takes care of DS for a few hours. I went through this forum and found a lot of posts on Walk away the pounds. Is this something one does while watching the video? Are there any there that are recommended for a beginner? I don't exercise a lot as of now but I am sincerely hoping to change that! And I look forward to your support in that :)

Thanks
Superbee

o

A Great BIG Welcome to you Superbee!! So glad you decided to join us.

Walk Away the Pounds is a video that lasts about 30 min. and takes you about 2 miles without leaving the comfort of your room. It's really nice for those rainy or cold days when you look for any excuse possible for "not" going outside.

I walk 3 to 4 miles everyday (Usually always outside). I call it my salvation to retirement. LOL My DH is retired now and 24-7 is alittle much. Whewwww! but I guess that's a whole different forum...anyway...I'm looking forward to chatting with you in the near future.

Let us know how you're doing and if we can help in any way.

Pam.

o

Welcome Superbee!

My weigh in was last Thursday; only lost .6 lb (darn that Easter candy LOL). I am still walking every day (with the exception of yesterday due to loads of housework) and throwing in abs and arms w/weights 1 or 2 times a week. This weekend is in the 80's, so I'm starting to get more motivated.

How is everyone else doing?

o

Thanks much for the welcome :) I have ordered the WATP videos on half.com and can't wait for them to arrive.

But since I posted, I decided to start anyway with the treadmill in our basement. I have done a mile of brisk walking every day since then. EXCEPT *sigh* the weekend. DH took me to this most awesome restaurant in NYC and I stuffed myself to the gills the food was sooo good. But today is Monday...I am gonna get back on track or rather on treadmill :)

Speaking of the treadmill, I tend to slow down (in other words, "give up") once the counter says 1 mile. Do you think throwing a towel over the counters (speed, distance etc.) would work??

Superbee

o

Happy Birthday, MaryAnn!

o

I finally got the WATP tapes today - 1,2 and 3 mile. I did the 1 mile just now and enjoyed it. Hopefully this is the beginning to many many more miles of walking and hopefully losing some weight too in the process.

Although the weather is getting warmer, I am more of an indoor exercise kind of person and so I hope to make best use of the tapes.

Superbee

o

Thanks for remembering, Wanda!

Superbee, I'm the opposite...I'm an outdoors type. I bought the WATP tapes and used one of them a few times and then put them away. I finally sold them on Ebay. I am walking now, outdoors at the track. I walk with a co-worker. I think that's what keep both of us going because neither of us would be walking by ourselves.

o

Another couple of miles these past few days. It has been going slow thanks to the weekend and then DS fell rather badly ill with a high fever and cough (at 2 years old, they sound worse than they actually are sometimes poor things!!!)

MaryAnn, one of the reasons I prefer the indoors to the outdoors is that the neighborhood I live in is not particularly walker friendly and I have to run after my toddler son enough when we are at a park, and it is mostly in random directions :p So I like to exercise within the confines of my living room - with some peace and quiet around :)

Superbee

o

I'm still here; been very busy at work. I've been getting just enough exercising in to maintain, not losing, but not gaining. Should get better by end of week.

o

Another 2 miles of WATP today. I hope I can keep it up!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here