Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dosage of multi-vitamins?

Posted by Lucky (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 02 at 19:30

I just wondered how often everyone takes their multi-vitamins. Recently I've been told by a couple of people (including my personal trainer and very fit coworker) to take one Centrum two times a day. I even picked up a multi-vitamin bottle from 24 Hour Fitness, which also gives the same instructions. I thought the Centrum bottle states to take one daily? How often do you all take your multi-vitamins? Do you follow the instructions or take more since you work out? (I am an exercise freak and try to go to the gym at least five times a week.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dosage of multi-vitamins?

Lucky;
After taking all kinds of different "herbal" multi-vitamins from my herb store, I recently heard that for women, centrum is the best...100% USRDA of everything, and 30% vit. K (you don't want more than 30%).
So I went back to taking my original one centrum a day, I don't particulary believe you should take 2, but I think your body gets rid of any extra nutrients it doesn't need through waste anyway, so I wouldnt imagine it would be harmful.
Cheers,
Michele

o

Cool, is that correct? Centrum has 100%? If so, that is great. If that is the case, one a day seems like it would work. But I know people who do take 2 a day and that is because there multi doesn't give them enough.

Did your PT also advise to take addtl supplements? Calcium? CLA? Omegas? Vitamin C? Etc... Just curious.

Chantel:)

o

Seeing the above word omega reminded me of a site I posted awhile back which speaks about the benefits of omega 3 and omega 6 factor ..benefits for your
heart and brain..and so on.Log into the 31 of the most important facts tips and tidbits.I have done a print out and refer back to it many times.

www.health-heart.org

o

Fandangle, When I tried the website, health-heart.org, I got a message saying that it could not be found. Is it just my browser? Judith

o

Sorry Judith... I am just going out for a walk so I will check in later and see if I can post the actual link.

o

Lets give it a try and hope it works..
for healthy hearts and ....

Here is a link that might be useful: healthy pumpers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here