Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broken ankle, Pilates?

Posted by stumpie (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 11, 06 at 17:50

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I usually lurk around the gardening forums. I love to garden.

Anyhow... I broke my ankle over Christmas. I am just starting to be hobbling now. Unfortunately, I gained another dress size (and I wasn't doing that hot before the ankle break). I hope to start water aerobics with DH at the local pool in a couple of weeks. I have been cleared by my therapist to be back on my bike again by June. But I was wondering about the Pilates Tapes I keep seeing. It looks like most of the moves are on the floor, which wouldn't hurt the ankle. Some tapes look harder than others.

Any one have an opinion? Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broken ankle, Pilates?

I like Pilates and yes most of the moves can be done on the floor. It sounds like a good idea to try it, but please check with your doctor or physical therapist. Good luck.

o
RE: Broken ankle, Pilates?

stumpie,
I feel for you, having been there.
I broke my ankle while shoveling snow back in Jan 2002.
Not to discourage you, but it was a long road to recovery for me (many hours of PT). I still enjoy biking and swimming. But any extended running = pain, ugh!

Anyway, continue with therapy exercises as well. I still wake up stiff (ankle) every morning. Working with the rubber band helps a lot.

o
Pilates for sale

Pilate`s Products for professional sutios. Built in high quality Oak . Designed for big exigences.

We have all the complete line of pilates, reformer, reformer with towers, trapeze, cadillac, combo chair,
step barrel, ladder barrel, baby arc, spine corrector.

Representative office in Miami Florida.

Phone: 305-502-1967
Visit our web : www.pilatesland.com
Mail: usa@pilatesland.com

Here is a link that might be useful: PILATESLAND

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here