Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fitday.com

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 03 at 15:03

I saw someone suggest using fitday.com to keep track of everything. I'm impressed. I filled out the food that I have eaten so far today (it's 2:00 pm here) and so far this is my breakdown:
29% fat
18% protein
52% carbs

Is there any place that shows what the ideal ratio should be? I'm sure that my fat shouldn't be that high!! But I ate a piece of cake after lunch and that's one reason it is so high.

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fitday.com

I'm adding to this post so it can slide on down.

fitday.com is a great place to record your food and activities. The reports have helped me because I realized I'm not getting near all the vitamins that I need.

o

MaryAnn, I started using Fitday after your recommendation and I have to say, I love it! It keeps me from filling notebooks full of "what I ate" lists and I love the way everything is graphed out. Thanks for the tip. Jaime

o

I use fitday too, it's been the greatest thing in helping me develop a good diet for myself.
MaryAnn - I try for 20% fat
60% carbs
20% protein
Some people will argue with that, and want less carbs and more protein, but I think the 20% fat ratio is pretty standard.
I tried raising the protein a couple times, but found I didn't have the energy for my workouts and just didn't feel good period. I guess everyone is different, but I love my carbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here