Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sugar?

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 14:04

Been on Atkins for 6 months. Great results. No flour food so my carbs are pretty low. BUT, I occasionally eat a cup of jam for a treat. I know it's 100% sugar which is bad for Atkins. I feel ok. Does my body care if I go days with little to no carbs and than dump a load into my stomache? I am at 10% body fat now and am shooting for 6% this summer. Only 8lbs more which should be easy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sugar?

Whew. Jam is gone. Am not buying anymore. Can't eat junk if it's not in house. I know what I should avoid so stay on track.

o

Why on earth would you want your body fat to be so low????

Body fat performs necessary functions, is a store of essential vitamins and hormones, and is important to have should you get ill and need stores to draw upon.

Isn't the goal to stay healthy?

o

I have gone from 25% body fat to 8% body fat. I am surprised by how the hot weather and humidity does not seem to bother me as much. I bike a lot and it feels much easier to sprint and not tire as quickly.

o

Sugar feeds cancer. Sugar causes yeast/fungal overgrowth which is being suspected in many "cancer" scares.

Sugar is a grain. Causes health issues. White over processed foods are a sugar/glucose that can cause type 2 diabetes.

Why does ANYONE bother with it? Do NOT buy into the fake sugars either.

Either use organic leaf stevia or xylitol(can harm pets, tho) or raw organic local honey SPARINGLY!!!

No more CORN. NO MORE SOY!! NO CANOLA. NO WHITE JUNK.

NO FAST FOOD. NO more. be healthy.

o

i second stevia! it's awesome and it helps with my cravings

o

It was Canada,s fault they told us to conserve energy and that is what fat is. Thank goodness I moved and now I can be thin.

o

I use a stevia sugar blend that Domino makes...the sugar helps mellow the stevia taste, so although there is some sugar in it, you do not have the chemicals in artificial sweeteners. This works for me, as far as reducing sugar intake and for calorie reduction

o

I am not getting what to eat?Sweets,other sugar items should not be eaten it is correct as all are conscious about their health.But now all are even telling not to eat fruits which are so sweet in order to reduce our cholesterol,body pains etc.,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here