Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flabby Arms

Posted by Kristie_WI (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 03 at 12:03

What can I do about my Flabby Arms - The best exercise?
I have lost alot of weight - and I can tell the most in my arms - No tank tops for me this summer.

Help
Kristie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flabby Arms

I know what you mean, Kristie! I am using the Walk off the Pounds for Abs video. A waist belt comes with the video set and the exercises that you do when walking are supposed to strenghten your abs. But I think they will help my upper arms too. (I hope so anyway!)

Here is a link for some exercises that I think would be very good. Good Morning America Arm Exercises

Also I have found that white arms look the worst and show the flab more than darker skin or tanned arms. I'm not a sun worshiper like I used to be, so before I get ready to wear a sleeveless blouse, I use sun-less tanner. It makes the arms "look" thinner!

o
RE: Flabby Arms

Hold a 3-5LB weight in your hand. Put your arm straight up and lower the weight behind your neck. You cannot move your upper arm, it has to stay stationary. Only the forearm moves. This firms up the muscles on the backs of your upper arm. We don't use these muscles, so they are the first to go.You can use your free arm to hold the exercising arm steady, if needed.You can't "bulk up" because this is probably the only time you will use that muscle all day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here