SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Pilates for physical therapy

jenn
22 years ago

I'm going to start physical therapy very soon to strengthen and rehabilitate my back. I have not been to a physical therapist before, and I was told over the phone that (at this facility) they use Pilates machines and exercises to do small, precise movements which have a very big impact.

This is the first I've ever heard of Pilates so I did some research. I just left a chiropractor who just wanted to crack my back and keep me coming back for extensive treatments for way too long, so I am feeling burned and leary of anything else I've never heard of.

What can you tell me about Pilates exercises as a form of physical therapy for the back? I have scoliosis, an old low-back severe sprain, and a painful, stiff neck. I want to strengthen and improve flexibility in my back to relieve pain and, hopefully, reverse or stop some of the degenerative process in my back. I think what the PT offers is exactly what I want and need but I thought that same thing at first about the chiropractor too (and I got NO relief from him except my wallet is much lighter now!).

I will appreciate any comments or personal experiences you have to share.

Thanks.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz