SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

Walk away the pounds

Vickey__MN
21 years ago

Does anyone here have her video's? I have the first one (with the weighted balls), and want to get some of the others to vary the workouts. I just re-started last week. So far I've walked...9 miles. I've been doing the tapes daily. Help keep my going please.

Vickey-MN

Comments (100)

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

1 mile again this morning. Can't wait for DH to be able to go up to 2 miles.

Vickey-MN

• holly_p
    20 years ago

Hi. Did the one mile again today. I think I might try to do the 2 mile tomorrow. Or maybe I will just stick with the one mile for a little longer.

Holly

• Related Discussions

Walk Away the Pounds #8 - Happy New Year!

Q

Comments (43)
    Hi guys! Kathy, I am glad your back. I hope your new program works for you. I took the day off Sunday, we had freezing rain, and I stayed in my pj's all day and took pictures of the birds. I worked out monday, tuesday and this morning, I just haven't been on here to post. We are leaving Saturday morning for Florida and I have so much to do. We will be staying 2 to 3 weeks. I am not sure if I will have access to a computer while I am there. Last year we took ours along and we might again. We stay with my mom, so that is why we can stay so long. I hope you guys keeps things going here and I will join you when I get back. I am taking my tapes along with me, and I plan on taking alot of sunny florida walks. Hope I get a chance to post from down there. See ya guys later, Wanda
    ...See More

Walk Away The Pounds #2

Q

Comments (100)
    I'm with you, Wanda! Tomorrow morning. I plan to do the 8 minutes in the morning and then do the WATP after work. I love to walk outdoors, just wish I had someone to walk with. I will probably alternate the WATP with walks at the track. (There is sure to be someone there to walk with) Our track goes around the football field and there is an exercise I do on the bleachers for my abs. It works those muscles like no other exercise I've ever done! I used to walk one mile around the track, then do my ab exercises and some steps (18"ers) on the bleachers, then do 4 or 5 more miles on the track. I felt wonderful!!! I had to stop doing the steps because my legs were getting too muscular. I had so much energy that I couldn't hold still. I sure wish I could get back in that condition again. I hope this coming week is a great week for everyone!
    ...See More

walk away the pounds???

Q

Comments (1)
    These are tapes that you use to walk each day. They simulate a 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile walk. I have the Walk Away the Pounds for abs that includes an ab belt as part of the exercise. Walk Away the Pounds
    ...See More

walk away the pounds #5 - fresh start

Q

Comments (25)
    Kathy, please don't leave. I am still here. I just can't find much time to get on here with my mom visiting. I hate to get on the computer and just leave her sitting. Mom is leaving Saturday, and I am going to get back into working out for sure. I have really neglected it and I can tell. Although with all the eating I have done this month off of my diet, I am down two pounds past my goal I set for myself back into July when I went on the south beach diet. I set a new goal for myself, so I want to loose a few more pounds by January. Please stay,Kathy!
    ...See More
  • Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Holly, here's the rule I followed when I tried the next mile...I could always stop (since they have the counter) at the mile i was comfortable with, or lower the intensity when the next mile became harder and finish it (which feels like a huge accomplishment).

I love the 2 mile tape, it is my favorite.

Keep me posted.

Vickey-MN

• lazy_gardens
    20 years ago

Holley -
    Stick to the one-mile for a week or so, to build stamina and make sure it wasn't just a fluke, then go for two.

Trying to do too much, too fast, sets you up for failure.

• holly_p
    20 years ago

I ended up not walking today. I was helping a friend move into his apartment. Half way through moving everything the elevator broke and we ended up finishing moving him in using the stairs. UGH. At least we had already moved all the really heavy things and he only lived on the third floor. I have no idea how many time I went up and down those stairs but I sure feel it now!
    Hope you have a great Memorial day!

Holly( 2miles and a bunch of stairs so far)

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Another mile this morning. I used the Abs one, definatly a harder 1 mile than the other. Ready for 2 miles soon!

Vickey-MN

• holly_p
    20 years ago

I did the one mile yesterday and today. I used the weights for the first time yesterday. I orderd the abs tapes today can't wait to try them.

Holly

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

1 more mile (Abs).

Vickey-MN

• holly_p
    20 years ago

Hi. Did the two mile today. WOW that is a workout!

Holly

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

One more mile. I think I'll try to talk DH into the 2 mile (weights) tomorrow morning.

Vickey-MN

• maryanntx
    20 years ago

Well, I guess ya'll know who hasn't been walking! My last post here was May 5th!

Vickey, I'll be meeting you face-to-face in 3 weeks!!! I hope to be able to tell you then that I am back on the program!

I'm happy to see that Holly has joined the group, but I'm wondering where Wanda is.

MaryAnn

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Got up the courage to do two miles (with the balls) this morning. WIll have to do that a few more times before trying hte two mile ABS tape. But it feels good to do it!!

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi MaryAnn,Vickey and Holly. MaryAnn, I was wondering what happened to you, also, lol. I have been here lurking, and i am going to join in any day now. I just want to tell Vickey that her dedication to her walking and posting daily , even though many days no one else was posting, is great. Keep up the good work, Vickey.Glad to see you've joined the group, Holly. Welcome.

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Did two miles abs this morning, it's about the same as theother one, so it was good . Hopefully back to 3 mile tapes next week. I need to start the toning again.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Two more miles this morning (yes I skipped Sunday).

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

62 miles so far. That's adding in the 2 miles I did this morning. DH did the 2 miles with me. He's trying, it is harder for him, but he's trying.

Vicke-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

2 more miles this morning. Did the weighted balls one today. Maybe Saturday I'll do the three mile.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Overslept this morning, did the 1 mile tape.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

2 miles again this morning. Gotta start the firming tapes, someone encourage me.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Didn't walk this weekend, but I did walk 1 power mile this morning. My kids got me a late Mother's day gift...the walk away the pounds express 4 mile tape. I will have to work up to that.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

2 miles this morning. It sure is boring when no one joins me here...someone join me.

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Didn't walk today, did the firming tape. I will try to walk 4-5 days a week, and firm 2-3.

I don't see any results, except I have A LITTLE more energy, and I do mean only a little more. Still tired most of the time.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Vickey....... Guess what? I dug out the tape, took it to my daughters house and we did the 2 mile walk together. She has a 2 mile tape ,also, but I think that mine is alot older than hers. Her is a called fast burn with weights at the end. I have had mine for about 2 years. Would like to buy another one to alternate with, but don't know which one. Do you have the one for abs and if so do you like it? And I am wondering how is it different from just the 2 mile walk. I am really hipped up now, it felt so good to start exercising again, and I love the walk away the pounds, because I can't do high impact aerobics, and I definitely can't do fancy steps, lol. It went alot faster exercising with my daughter, and the grandkids even joined in. But she goes back to work on Monday, so we probally won't be exercising too much together.
    I read your post last night and felt so sorry for you on here on by yourself, thats why i couldn't wait to get home and post.
    I would really like to loose 15 to 20 llbs. Are you on any kind of diet program, and are you trying to just keep in shape? I know what you mean about feeling tired, it seems like lately that i have more and more of those days, just so tired some days.
    ok,got to go start supper, i will try to exercise again tomorrow. Not sure that i will on the weekends, i tend to get lazy when the hubby is home. Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I have the weighted balls tape and the "abs" dvd. I don't see how the "abs" one works on the abs, but then my abs are well insulated. The "abs" walks are faster paced than the weighted balls ones. Also in the "abs" one she does a "mini squat" which for DH is very hard on his knees so he doesn't do them at all.

I should be on a diet, I have about 100 pounds (or more) to lose. I think I'm doing good just walking every morning, Diet and Exercise has obviously not been a priority. But I figure something is better than nothing, the diet will come soon!

Almost forgot...2 miles this morning.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Vickey, hi! I think its great that you are so motivated, and do the walk every day. Doing something is better than nothing, like I have doing for so long. I have no excuse. I have no kids at home, I do not work. Just need motivated. Usually it is a goal that i need to set, like a trip coming up or an event. Whatever,I just need it to be healthy, if not anything else. Not sure when I am going to exercise today, but I will, I promise. Spending the day today with daughter and grandchildren. We may do an outing that involves alot of walking, lol. I will let you know. Wanda

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi Vickey, just wanted to let you know I did the 2 mile walk tonight. Went to Purina Farms today with kids and we did alot of walking there, also. Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

No walking this morning, but did the Firming tape. I think I'm going to try to alternater firming and walking. Hopefully be doing the firming I'll see some changes, so I will stop being so discouraged.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi Vickey.....I just did the 2 mile walk this morning and then about 10 minuites of crunches. I really need some work on my stomach, thats my worse problem of all. Can't ever remember having a flat stomach. I think i will go shopping and see if i can find the walk away for abs. I was reading on the ivillage message board ( they have a message board just for walk away the pounds)and everyone is raving about that tape.
    I really feel motivated, hope I can stay that way, and it is so good to have someone to post with. Hope that you have a great weekend. Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

2 miles this morning. Did the ab tape without the belt, used weights instead.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi Vickey! I did the 2 miles ab tape this morning without the belt. I wanted to see first what the tape was like. It still is not as fast paced as my original 2 mile tape, but very good workout. Good idea using the weights instead of the belt, Vickey. Not sure I am going to like using the belt. Have a great day,Vickey. Wonder where MaryAnn is?

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

I didn't walk today. But I did do yard work all day. Had a million branches to pick up from the storm we had last week. Lots of bending over and walking out to the burn barrel with them. Then I cut the grass and weedeated. We have a large yard, so I got a good workout. Let the Dh rest this fathers day.
    See ya tomorrow, Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Sunday--did first mile of the 3 mile tape, then the firming tape. I want to see resultss...NOW, and it doesn't seem to be happening, but I will continue anyway.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Vickey... don't give up, even though you aren't seeing results, it is keeping you moving and healthy. The best is yet to come, ok. Is the firming tape by Leslie? Whats it like, do you like it? Is it walking, or what? Going to walk in the morning, so see you tomorrow. Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I've included a link, just type in Sansone under instructor and look up the tape. I like this site because people review the video's and you can see a sample. This is a beginners firming tape, so she shows and tells you how to do the exercises effectively. The exercises are easy (compared to some I've seen), and seem to work (they feel like they work, I just don't see the results I want..you know to wear a size or two smaller in a couple of hours HAHA!)

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: Collagevideo

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Thanks for the site, Vickey, I will check it out. Didn't walk today, had the grandkids half a day, and they were helping me clean house. I spent the afternoon cleaning tar off my Suv, and then washing it, and then cleaning it inside. Now I am so tired and my back is hurting, so I am going to take it easy tonight. But I am going to get up and exercise for sure in the morning before anything else.

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Didn't exercise yesterday, so we did the 1 mile walk this morning plus the firming tape.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Hi Vickey! Did the 1 mile with abs this evening, and a 10 minuite ab tape with Denise Austin.

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

How is the Denise AUstin Tape? I like Leslie's firm up fast, but feel that (even with as heavy as I am), I could use more of a challenge.

Anyway my son ran out of gas this morning coming home from work (4:30AM) so hubby had to take him back to his car (about 3 miles from home), so since I was awake anyway I did the three mile weighted balls. Did I mention before that kids got me the 4 mile express tape? My daughter said that the 4 miles is almost easier than the three miles ABS tape (I haven't tried either, so I don't know).

Vickey-MN

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I just wanted to motivate myself and post that it's been 79 miles so far.

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

The Denise Austin tape is three 10 minuite sessions of floor exercises for abs, that you can do one of each day. I only did the first one last night. It was ok, but its something you can really do without a tape. The tape was originally mine, but I never used it, so my daughter had it, and I just got it back.
    I read on another board that the Express tapes were really good. I may go to Target today and see if they have them, although I just bought the ab set, and haven't done the 3 mile one yet. Three miles... hmmmmm, that sounds like a challenge, lol.
    Have a dentist appt. and a hair appt., so I will be exercising and posting again later. Bye...Wanda

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Didn't walk yesterday or today. I am so sick. Guess I have the flu. Fever, aches, chills. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Wanda :(

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Where are you, Vickey? No exercise today, either. Feeling better, but not up to a workout, still feeling week. Sure tomorrow will be a better day.

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Walked two miles today. I was lazy yesterday and went to an all you can eat buffet. Sorry. Hey Vickey, I think that i fiquired out what happened to you? Your at the Iowa get together, right? Saw your picture there. You didn't even tell me goodbye, lol. Hope you had lots of fun. Did you walk while you were there? Wanda

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Two miles today. Wanda

• Vickey__MN
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Okay I'm posting again. Walked 2 miles Friday. Ate Friday night, Ate Saturday, Ate SUnday, (yes I was at the Iowa Get together), walked a power mile yesterday, and slept in today. I will get back on track tomorrow (I hope). See Wanda, you get into the habit, and I lose it. Go figure!!

Vickey-MN

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Walked the 2 mile walk for abs today. Good workout.
    Glad to see ya back, Vickey. Hey, did you see MaryAnn there? If so, did you ask her where she's been? I get in the groove here, and she dissappeared. Wish some others would join us. I really plan on keeping this up, it makes you feel so much better and I am going to get those 20 lbs off or else. Wanda

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Two mile walk for abs again today. Wanda

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

And again, the two miles for abs.

• wanda_illinois
    20 years ago

Two mile ab walk. Going away for a overnight visit with my Father. Taking my tape with me, and hoping I don't overeat while I am there. Down 3 pounds since starting the exercising and low calorie eating. Wanda

• maryanntx
    20 years ago

Wanda, you're doing great!
    Hahaha I was with Vickey over the weekend, eating, eating, eating! My problem is, I haven't stopped yet! But my oldest son just bought a new boat and I know we'll be skiing and kneeboarding. I have to start walking to strengthen my legs! Right now I would probably last 2 minutes on skis before my legs would give out!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor