Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Runners Here

Posted by Panzees36 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 03 at 8:59

I used to post on this forum several years ago when we had a runners thread going.I am just getting started running again and am curious if any others are still here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Runners Here

I would like some suggestions on a good pair of shoes also.TIA

o

I pop in here now & then. This board is not very active. I've been a runner since 1978. As far as shoes go, since I'm 46 & run 24-30 miles per week, mostly on pavement, I don't skimp on shoes because I don't want to screw up my knees, joints, etc. I buy Asics Kayanos. They are expensive but I never pay full price. I get them on sale when the new models come out or else when Foot Locker has a "buy one pair, get one pair half off" sale, when I'll buy two pair of them.

o

I need a wide shoe.I will be running on pavement also.Do those particular shoes come in a wide width?

o

Panzees36, Have you tried New Balance? They make wonderful running shoes and come in a variety of widths. I've gone thru my fair share of runners, and I think these are tops. After switching to NB, my knee problems disappeared. I have strange feet, wide toes and narrow heels, but these work for me. Sherrie

o

I have really wide feet also.Thanks for the advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here