Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are lower price Elliptical's any good?

Posted by adichristi (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 28, 06 at 20:39

For instance, Image or Eclipse!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are lower price Elliptical's any good?

From every thing that I've read, everybody says, and I tend to agree, you get what you pay for. I was looking at a nordic track at sears until I found out they were made by Proform, and most of the feedback I found on Proform was negative. I ended up buying a Vision Fitness 6200HRT, it was a little pricey, 2000.00 but we had a 20% off coupon. I've been using it for about a month now and love it. Check the warranty that comes with what ever machine you decide on, as a general rule the better the warranty the better th machine.

o

You get what you pay for. Any of the ProForm machines (NordicTrack, Weslo, Weider, etc.) are fairly cheaply built, but they usually last long enough for people to get disinterested in using them. If you get into the $1500+ range, you start looking at some good machines (LifeFitness, Nautilus, etc.).

Probably the two biggest 'bargains' out there for cardio equipment are the Schwinn Air-Dyne ($600 or so), and the Concept2 Rower ($800). These are built like bricks, and last forever.

o

I've had a Proform eliptical for 3 years now & love it. Is it as good as a gym elliptical? No, but I still get a great workout on it, it's small & fits in my den nicely, it's fun to use & it does the job. Worth every penny of the $360 bucks I paid for it.

o

I hope it's ok to post to this old thread - but need some advice and noticed kokomo was talking about using a rower. I have an old Nordictrack - without any of the dials or goodies - from a friend who was tossing it out. I use it everyday and would also like to work on my upper body flab and thought maybe the rower would be good for that. $800 is over my budget tho. Would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here