Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excersise for 'Wings'

Posted by TobyT (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 04 at 17:59

I am currently endeavoring to lose weight and as I do, my "old lady arms" are getting worse. They don't stop waving til five minutes after I do! What exercises can I do to firm my arms up for the summer? I don't have any weights, but I could buy some if necessary.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excersise for 'Wings'

One thing you can do without any weights is this;;;
(if you have weights you can do this also).
Sit or stand
Extend your arm straight out behind you
Now,
BEND your elbow and bring your arm forward, towards your side (breast area)
Now extend it back straight
Pretend like your your pulling and pushing something as you do this...
This all strengthen's the muscle that causes those WINGS!

You can also bend down and pretend your lifting - use a can of soup or something....bring up the arm, and extend the arm. It will all work those muscles.

Also,
stand near a wall or a desk or a rail...do some MINI push ups. That will strenthen your muscles and tone them up as well. (No, you won't get all muscular).

Go to the library and get a book on exercise or lifting weight. It will show you what muscles to work and how to work them. Then you will be able to find ways to do things everyday that will work them with or without weights.

I do a lot of gardening, so my upper arms have to be strong. I swim a lot too and that really helps. I am proud to be strong in my upper body- my whole body! More women should not be afraid to exercise their arms, shoulders and backs!

Good Luck!
June Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here