Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what happened to this treadmill?!

Posted by phrog (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 08 at 10:10

I admit to joining this forum with one big question in mind:

I have a True treadmill that's about 7 years old. Most of those years it was in a bedroom and used only rarely....maybe a total of 25 hours over all those years. It was never lubricated, either.

Recently we moved it to our unheated greenhouse and started using it more. Air has been as cold as 40F when we've used it. Mostly walking, not much running.

Today I looked out and saw that the belt has totally separated along the saw-edged seam where it was joined together.

Before I replace it, is it likely the cold caused this, or fluctuations in temp (it gets hot out there when it's sunny) or overtightening? I'd like to avoid the problem so I only replace it once.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what happened to this treadmill?!

Could you be in touch with the belt or treadmill manufacturer about that? They may be able to give you some high and low temperature guidelines.

Things do tend to contract when they get cold and expand when warm. Also, maybe using the treatmill when the belt was stiff and cold caused the separation. I really don't know--just my thoughts.

Good for you for using it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here