Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?

Posted by jally (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 0:45

To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned fruit, such as pineapple, peaches etc. etc. I just this week bought a popular brand of pineapple (tidbits).
Expiration date: Nov. 2015

I'm not talking about an off-brand, this is the Top brand for pineapple. Yet the tidbits smell and taste like the corrugated tin can they came in.

Are there any brands of pineapple & other fruit which don't have the cheap interior which leeches a tin odor?

BTW, does the Great Value brand also leech odor, or is it OK? I've never yet tried GV fruit.

Years ago I bought canned fruit concentrate (outside the country) which had a white-coated interior covering the tin. Is that not available in any canned fruit in the U.S?

Any/all tips appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?

well this is a tad old but the "canned" caught my eye. If anything, buy it bagged in the frozen section, whole, or in a plastic container from the store that you can quickly remove it from and place in safer storage.

The lining of those cans is poison. Unless it states there is no Bishpenol A or BPA that is an endocrine disruptor. Why chance it if there are choices? (canned tomato anything is really bad)

Some (many who make money discounting information) may claim it's not harmful. (Like, the fda/epa.) Still.

Why risk it. When you don't have to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here