Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Exercise Journal - MARCH - Think Spring!

Posted by KathyG7777 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 29, 04 at 23:01

Let's make it a great month!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Exercise Journal - MARCH - Think Spring!

Thanks Kathy and Wanda for the welcome. I'm so excited to finally get started on this. It's rainy outside this morning but I think I can get a lap or two in before I get soaking wet.

I'll check with everyone later on today.

Pam in Indiana

o

Welcome Pam...I'm kind of a "newbie" too, but welcome all the same. :-)

This weekend I helped my parents remodel a bathroom, which included moving 2 cast iron bath tubs, a door, sink, toilet, and ceramic tiles. That was a *ton* of exercise. LOL DF and I worked out at the gym last night as well.

This morning, I did my mini-workout, no stairs today, since I'm sore from this weekend. ;-) Doing well on the eating - sticking to low carb with DF's atkins thing. :-)

o

Well I got my walk in today without getting wet. The rain moved out and turned in to a gorgeous day. Walked a brisk 3 miles. Can't wait 'till tomorrow.

I also made a trip to the grocery store to stock up on some healthy food. Wow...I feel thinner already!

o

Hi everyone! After a weekend of eating out, etc., and then workshops yesterday....I am glad to get back with the program today! I'm eating right again today, and hope to do my exercises tonight.

Welcome Pam! Glad you are joing us.

o

Hello, I am a newbie in desperate need to lose weight. For health and self image. I am about 70 pounds overweight but I am in the obese category because of my height. How exactly does this work? Do we post everything we do daily?

Jasmin

o

Hi and Welcome Jasmin!

I'm a newbie too, so I'm not sure how this works. What's your plan for your weightloss? Are you dieting and exercising? I'm trying to get back in the routine of walking everyday, working out a couple times a week, and eating healthier.

I completed my 3 mile walk again today. It took me 55 minutes though, so I guess I'll need to work on my speed. I'd like to get it down to a 15 minute mile. I could do it last year. These winter months are terrible for me. "COME ON SPRING!!!"

So glad you joined us. Post Away!! I'm gonna try to post everyday. I hope I'm not boreing to everyone, but it makes me feel better and kinda completes my day.

Pam in Indiana

o

Looks like I'm not the only one who hasn't been around lately! LOL My weigh-in Monday was a tiny itty bitty loss of .2 lb. This week has been terrible for exercise; too much going on at work and at home. Although I have been doing a decent job watching what I'm eating so maybe the week won't be a total bust. Once I make it through tomorrow at work, things should turn around and I can get back into a schedule.

How's everyone else doing?

o

Hi Everyone! Glad that you joined us Jasmin!
I have been gone all week, just got back today. We went on one more mini vacation before dh goes back to work, which tomorrow is the day, lol! We went to tunica,mississippi, and boy, did I go off my diet. I really need to get back into eating right and back onto an exercise routine, after a month of vacationing. Spring and summer are just around the corner, and that means shorts and swimsuits.
Jasmin, what we usually do is try to post everday, or as often as possible, what we've done, or what we haven't done,lol! In my case, lately, its what I haven't done.
And nothing is boring, its neat having each other for moral support.
Have a great evening, Wanda

o

I'm new to this thread, too. I'd been exercising regularly for months, but then I ended up in the hospital about a month ago because of some gastroenteritis. Four days there, and I wasn't good to go for another week. Then I got sick again!

So, I started back yesterday. My family has a YMCA membership. I go to the gym and do half an hour on the treadmill and the full Nautilus circuit. At home, I do stretching exercises. On Friday, I did both the treadmill and the Nautilus, on Saturday, just the treadmill. (I don't like to lift weights every day - it makes me sore.)

I was at the doctor on Friday, and have lost 10 pounds since I was last there, about three months ago. I haven't been doing great on my moderate eating, so it's good to know that the exercise is doing something!

Good luck for everyone else. My sister and I keep reminding one another that *any* movement is better than no movement at all!

o

Welcome to our post, Joan! Sounds like you have been through alot,lately! Congratulations on your weight loss! Yes, your right, anything is better than nothing at all, and that seems like what I have been doing lately, lol!
I wonder about the rest of the gang? Seems like everyone has dissappeared. Anybody out there?

o

Hi Everyone!!

Yeah, I'm still here Wanda. I've been doing my walk everyday. I just weighed myself this morning and a whole 6 pounds are gone since last Sunday morning!! I haven't measured yet to see where the inches have gone, but I will later on this evening.

Welcome Joann...Glad you decided to join us. There's a nice bunch of ladies here that will keep you motivated. They do me!! I've considered joining the YMCA, but never got around to it. I would love to be able to swim whenever I wanted.

Hang in there Kathy, things are gonna settle down, then you can really focus.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Pam

o

I'm still here Wanda. Been doing my ab exercises fairly often, but have a walking buddy now! So we are going to start walking tomorrow right after work. She works in the same office building with me and her daughter is on the softball team and has practice after school. So we will walk while her daughter is at practice. I am sooooo ready! I feel good and only need to lose 3-4 more lbs., but I'm anxious to start my walking program again. It always gives me bounds of energy once I get regular with it.

Welcome joann!

o

I guess my lack of exercise didn't hurt me as I actually did better than the last couple of weeks. Weigh-in was this morning and I lost 2.8 lbs! Yesterday I walked and did some stretches which really felt good.

Welcome Joann! Here's to a great week for everyone!! :)

o

Checking in...............

Did 5 minute warm-up (from tape), 20 mins on treadmill and 10 minute Abs tape.

o

I didn't realize I was in this bad a shape!!! I started walking yesterday with a couple of friends. We did 2 miles and I was surprised that we made it that far. I hadn't walked in over a year! I wasn't really tired or sore. But today.....when we started walking, I thought I'd never make it. LOL But we all did the 2 miles. I will be glad when I'm in the swing of things and get in better shape. Whew!!!

o

Checking in.....

I walked my 3 miles and worked out for 30 minutes. Can someone tell me why I sweat so much? It's not hot out at all, and my skin gets cold when I walk, but I really do work up a sweat. I have to shower and change clothes from the inside out when I'm done.

Have a good day everyone!!

Pam.

o

We did our 2 miles at the track today and my new shoes made my feet feel so much better! I still need to do my ab exercises, but plan to wait till after dinner .

o

Did 30 mins on the treadmill and then did some ab crunches. I wasn't able to even start exercising until 8:30 tonight so I am ready for bed! LOL

Pam - Not sure about the sweating thing. I think everybody is different. I have an aunt who can sit outside on a 90 degree day in long pants and still not sweat. I do sweat when I workout but not profusely. I certainly don't think it's a bad thing if you sweat a lot. They say you haven't had a good workout if you don't work up somewhat of a sweat!

MaryAnn - Don't new shoes make a world of difference? That's enough to motivate you to go out and walk! :)

Good night!

o

I have found that if I buy the lower priced walking shoes my feet feel much better. The high priced ones always have so much arch support, and that hurts my flat feet.
Walking yesterday in my new shoes made a world of difference! I wasn't near as tired after the walk as I have been, plus my feet didn't hurt.
We have rain in the forecast and I'm hoping it quickly passes over us so I don't have to miss my walk.

o

Just popping in to say hello, and that I am still here! You guys seem so motivated. I haven't done anything since I walked last week. Ok, I am going to go dig out the walk away the pounds tape, and DO IT! Wanda

o

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Once again, it's almost 9:00 p.m. and I just finished up so I'm off to bed soon!

o

I did my 2 miles yesterday. Probably won't walk today as we are getting off work early (I hope).

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

o

Didn't do anything yesterday (Friday). Did 30 minutes on the treadmill today. I have a feeling my working out this week is just keeping me from gaining from my poor eating habits the last couple of days! (too many peanut M&M's, LOL) Need to get back on track tomorrow!!

o

I haven't exercised since Thursday, but plan to get back at it today! I read in the current Prevention magazine about a couple of good exercises for the upper arms. For one you need a 3 lb. dumbbell, so I need to find my weights and see if I have one. I like to wear sleeveless blouses in the summer, but I'm never happy with the way my arms look. So need to work on them.

o

I've been sooooooo bad; haven't exercised since Saturday!!! And eating like an oinker...LOL It would be nice if I could exercise before work but I already get up at 5:30; I couldn't imagine getting up any earlier. It just seems evenings after work there's always things to do.

Okay, I'm done whining! It's 8:30 pm but I'll go do some ab crunches at least before bed.

Where is everybody?????

o

Hi Kathy! I've been really lazy this week. Spring Break!!!
I plan to do some ab exercises before going to bed and also some arm exercises. I get up extra early in the mornings, but it's not to exercise, it's so I can sit around and enjoy my coffee before going to work. I take my walking clothes and shoes to work and change there after work. My office is right by the track, so we do our walking and then I drive home. It's about mile to my house. LOL Love small towns!!

o

I'm still here! I am just not doing nothing, no exercise, tired. I need some motivation, like Sunshine and springtime!

o

Well, aren't we just a sad little group! LOL Did everybody drop out? I've been doing stretches every day and a little bit of walking, but nothing like I want to be doing.

Wanda - I know what you mean about needing some motivation like sunshine! Right now it just seems like springtime is so far away. But, it will be here before we know it and I need to work a bit harder to get in shape.

o

LOL @ Kathy! Yes, we are a very sad group! I am still not motivated. I have been lurking and no one has been posting! I was wondering what happened, also.
Its going to be pretty weather here today. The last two days I have been doing some yard work, bending and lots of walking. I think that I will go for a walk today. How's that?

o

Hi Ladies!! I'm still here but I'm so discusted I can't hardly stand it. Seems like the more I watch what I eat and the more I exercise, the more my scales "don't" want to cooperate.

I really don't understand it. I do a low impact arobic tape for 30 minutes every day and walk between 2.5 and 3 miles every day. I have been eating alot of veggies and fresh fruit and have cut way down on my fat intake, but my weight is not coming down very fast.

I knew that I would gain some when I gave up the smokes on Jan 7, but this is terrible. Not to worry though...I will never light up again!, but I have never had a weight problem until now and I don't know how to deal with it. Hopefully it will level out soon.

It makes me feel better when I can talk to someone about it, so I'll be back to posting regularly again.

Thanks for being here!!

Pam.

o

Hi! I haven't been posting, but I have been reading the posts everyday. I have been walking 4 miles everyday, the weather here in California has been in the upper 70s, just beautiful, although I hear it is supossed to rain friday.
alice

o

Don't know if I'm up to working out this evening. I watched all 5 of my grandson's from 7:00am to 4:00pm today. Their ages are 1, 3, 3, 5, and 8. I'm just looking for my chair.

Tomorrow will be a full day, too. I'm gonna keep all 5 boys and my two granddaughters. The girls ages are 1 and 3. WHEWWWWWWW!!! We have lot's of fun though.

I'll check in tomorrow evening....if I have the strength!

Pam.

o

Heres' one for all of us, lol!

o

I made it! I swam a mile! March 22, 2004! I'm over 50 and over 200 lbs, so that is a triumph for me! I've been swimming since late January. I worked up to a half mile and now I'm up to a mile! It took me 40 minutes, but not bad for someone who quit smoking in June. Also to burn fat, you don't want to be in a fast heart-target range.

I was at 195lbs. when I first quit smoking and I want to get down below 200 as a goal for the time being-then work on losing more. Being over 200 is no fun. I 5'4", but have always been solid and muscular, medium boned. Still, I need to be thinner for my highth.

I swim 3 nights and one weekend day a week. I work 2 jobs, so every night I'm not working the 2nd job, I have made it part of my routine to spend an hour in the water!

I keep reading more and more that exercise is a key to almost everything...less cancer, less heart problems, better everything...just MOVE and SWEAT at least 3 or more times a week. So my lungs are getting stronger, my stamina is increasing and my muscle mass is increasing to help my metabolism burn more fat!

I sure do sleep good - I go to sleep earlier too! ha ha!

You guys have helped to keep me motivated! I really appreciate hearing all your feedback and reading what keeps you motivated!!

June

o

Great job Alice! Wish I could say I've been walking that much. It's been rainy here every day and is supposed to rain right through to next week - not that it's an excuse since I walk on a treadmill! LOL

Pam...I was exhausted just reading about you with all of your grandchildren; now that's a workout! And I thought it was work when my 12 yr old son has his friends over, LOL

OMG Wanda...thank god my booty doesn't look like the one you posted, LMAO. But "I will do it" and "I can do it"!!!!

Way to go June!! On quitting smoking AND swimming a mile. They say walking and swimming are supposed to be 2 of the best overall workouts.

I walked 30 mins on the treadmill last night and tonight I'm doing one of my workout tapes (Phase 1 of Slim in 6). Tomorrow I should be nice and sore! LOL

o

Busy, busy weekend! Hope everyone had a good one!

Bad cramps yesterday and today. :( Tomorrow should be better and back to working out.

Everyone check in on how you're doing! :)

o

Did about 15 mins of one of my cardio tapes. Can you guys believe tomorrow is already the last day of March?? OMG, where has the time gone? On Thursday I'll be starting a new thread for April so be looking for it! :) (And then it will be time to get busy!! Sunshine and shorts will be coming soon! LOL)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here