SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Developing muscle tone in specific areas

rivkadr
17 years ago

So I've been dieting and exercising religiously for the past 4 months, and have just about reached my target weight goal of 112 pounds (two more pounds to go!). It's within the ideal weight range for my height, leaning a little towards the lower end. My doctor doesn't want me to lose anymore weight as she thinks it would be unhealthy. So I'm stopping once I reach my target.

Problem is, I still have some unsightly bulges that I'm really not very happy about. Specifically:

1) My tummy, right below my belly button. I seem to be storing a layer of fat there -- I know, women of child bearing age just do that. I've been doing sit ups and crunches like a crazy woman to try to get rid of some of it, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

2) The outsides of my thighs. I call them my "saddlebags". My hips are fine -- but go down a couple of inches, and I suddenly just have cellulite bulging out. I'd really like to tone this area somehow.

We're not talking a LOT of fat here, obviously. Just a small amount that needs to be toned down a bit.

Problem is, I'm not sure what exercises to do to improve these two areas. I have an exercise bike (what I've been using to lose weight), but that seems to work the inner and top thighs more than the outside. And again, my situps and crunches seem to do more for the upper abs -- not so much for the lower ab area.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County